$3 Trillion Infrastructure and Jobs Plan Coming

I don't get it. When Trump talked about infrastructure (and failed to deliver FYI) yall Republicans were strongly on board.

Now it's a waste of money just cause your boy couldn't deliver?

Trump was the worst president for the debt ever. Not defensible. Biden may surpass Trump to become the worst, only time will tell. Digging out of this quagmire requires spending. I don't think he spent the money wisely, but no matter who was in office the stimulus package was coming.

Yah Trump was worst for debt, worst for foreign policy, worst for domestic life, the guy flat out sucked.

A total con artist, people should be embarrassed to have followed that NYC reality TV star right into the ground

Hopefully we'll see something like what they've done in downtown Chattanooga, spent $1M narrowing the roads to add bike lanes just for 3 people to use them a day. It's hilarious to go downtown and watch tourists ride their rental bikes on the sidewalk right beside the bike lane.

Yep, Chattanooga downtown "improvement" is a poster child for you can't fix stupid.

We really do need to divide the country up and form 2 separate countries. All the centralized big government proponents in one country. All the centralized minimalist government folks in the other. The federal government is now seen as default rescuer, the knight on the horse, who must save the damsel in distress.
Damsel in distress is the government‘s doing. It’s a viscous cycle.

Reactions: McDad and AM64
Yah Trump was worst for debt, worst for foreign policy, worst for domestic life, the guy flat out sucked.

A total con artist, people should be embarrassed to have followed that NYC reality TV star right into the ground

He was the worst president ever as far as debt goes. Dispute my statement with facts as opposed to bs.

The current guy is trying to take the title away and is also targeting constitutional rights. It's a quick race to the bottom and no one wins

his record in South Bend with roads was abysmal.

sounds like he's envisioning a fantasy world - if it was simply leaving options to locals then he should be saying our plan is to funnel money to local governments to allow them how to best use the money. Instead (if you listen to his talk) he's suggesting a re-imagination of transportation.

do you have any support for the claim that he's "actively shaping the department to respond to what folks need in their area"?
From today:
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg emphasized on Friday that it will be a priority for his department to work directly with local governments, rather than relying more heavily on states to represent the interests of cities, counties and other localities.

Buttigieg, speaking during an online National Association of Counties event, went on to stress how he wants to make sure that counties and other local governments don’t always have to go through multiple layers of government to get the Transportation Department’s attention.

“There are some things that flow through the states,” he added. “But we also want to make sure there's a direct relationship.”

On Friday, Buttigieg told the county officials that he wants to take an “all of the above” approach working with states, localities, territories and tribes.

But he added: “You’ll never catch me assuming that if we're interacting with states, then the concerns of counties or communities are taken care of.”

Buttigieg Emphasizes Commitment to Working Directly with Local Governments

@hog88

Hopefully they bring back cash for clunkers 2.0. That saved the economy.

The pork and waste from this bill will make the covid **** look like childs play.

It also killed the used car business for the last 10 years for anything that isn't a 3-5 year old trade-in.

From today:
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg emphasized on Friday that it will be a priority for his department to work directly with local governments, rather than relying more heavily on states to represent the interests of cities, counties and other localities.

Buttigieg, speaking during an online National Association of Counties event, went on to stress how he wants to make sure that counties and other local governments don’t always have to go through multiple layers of government to get the Transportation Department’s attention.

“There are some things that flow through the states,” he added. “But we also want to make sure there's a direct relationship.”

On Friday, Buttigieg told the county officials that he wants to take an “all of the above” approach working with states, localities, territories and tribes.

But he added: “You’ll never catch me assuming that if we're interacting with states, then the concerns of counties or communities are taken care of.”

Buttigieg Emphasizes Commitment to Working Directly with Local Governments

@hog88

As long as Pete keeps talking about raising taxes, I simply can't trust anything he "promises."

I like my house 30 miles from where I work. I'm pretty sure I don't like the idea of being taxed for my drive and I'm dang sure the government isn't going to help me find a place closer.

As long as Pete keeps talking about raising taxes, I simply can't trust anything he "promises."

I like my house 30 miles from where I work. I'm pretty sure I don't like the idea of being taxed for my drive and I'm dang sure the government isn't going to help me find a place closer.
Us suburb people are seen as responsible for all of the ills befallen on the cities.

Reactions: StarRaider

Tovarich please. We build apartment bloc near your production center. Easy walk to and from to contribute to our nation's glorious existence. Your rent will be subsidized, all we ask is your loyalty. Will you stand in solidarity with your brothers and sisters to raise our nation and her people to the heavens and crush the capitalist dogs?

Lol. Pray tell how thats possible? I can only imagine a person who thinks this calls into the beta category and their life is/was already hot garbage.

Bro..you know its your right to live right next to where you work right? Commuting is a sign of oppression. Just ask AOC.

VN Store

Back