40% of San Francisco residents plan to leave due to quality of life

I guess I don't pay that much attention to it.

Acclimation.

If you drop a frog in boiling water, it will do its best to hop out. If you put it in a pan of room temperature water and slowly increase the temperature, it will remain comfortable until it passes away as the water boils.

The benefits of being an infrequent poster who comes and goes over time is that it provides distance to see the trends. The discussion of fellow Americans who believe differently than the board majority has moved over time from vehement disagreement to downright dehumanizing. And yard not a good thing.

Lot of vitriol in this thread.

"The more cruel you are, the more you will hate; and the more you hate, the more cruel you will become—and so on in a vicious circle forever.”- c.s. Lewis

Guard yourselves. You're better than this.

I'm concerned with how many people we have moving here considering the areas they are coming from. The cities and states many of them are coming from are in bad shape. Cities and states don't fall apart without citizens who consistently vote for horrible leadership. That's simply an acknowledgement of reality. Has nothing to do with vitriol.

Acclimation.

If you drop a frog in boiling water, it will do its best to hop out. If you put it in a pan of room temperature water and slowly increase the temperature, it will remain comfortable until it passes away as the water boils.

The benefits of being an infrequent poster who comes and goes over time is that it provides distance to see the trends. The discussion of fellow Americans who believe differently than the board majority has moved over time from vehement disagreement to downright dehumanizing. And yard not a good thing.

I'm also very insensitive and have little to no empathy so I guess the insults get by me without much notice. I'm working on it though.

I'm concerned with how many people we have moving here considering the areas they are coming from. The cities and states many of them are coming from are in bad shape. Cities and states don't fall apart without citizens who consistently vote for horrible leadership. That's simply an acknowledgement of reality. Has nothing to do with vitriol.

The language used to describe those people is the issue. The othering is the issue. Othering is the fuel that feeds the fires of tyranny.

Define "upstate". Are you talking about areas like Fort Mill and Rock Hill, which are basically suburbs of Charlotte, NC?

From there down to Greenville/Spartanburg to Clemson. Basically north of Columbia.

I'm also very insensitive and have little to no empathy so I guess the insults get by me without much notice. I'm working on it though.

I've been trying to turn my empathy down and desensitize myself. It's a struggle.

Reactions: hog88

You must of clicked on the Facebook support option.

Reactions: hog88
Texas will flip blue way before Tennessee will.

True, Texas doesn't have an income tax but they nail you in the keister with property taxes. I'd do SC and deal with their income tax.

We have our fair share of taxes. SC income tax is 7%. Vehicle property taxes based on vehicle. Home/land property taxes. Sales tax 6%. Then some cities tack on a couple cents here and there for bs.

The only way to truly limit taxes is to limit spending. Until that happens, it's just a matter of which tax a specific state is going to use to rake you over the coals.

What has happened in San Francisco will happen almost anywhere that housing prices explode. When long term citizens, mainly renters, are priced out of their own market by an influx of people willing and able to pay significantly higher prices, massive displacement is going to happen.

What has happened in San Francisco will happen almost anywhere that housing prices explode. When long term citizens, mainly renters, are priced out of their own market by an influx of people willing and able to pay significantly higher prices, massive displacement is going to happen.
That's not the biggest problem in San Francisco, or in the rest of California either.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Housing prices are exploding everywhere so just maybe it’s something else.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Lot of vitriol in this thread.

"The more cruel you are, the more you will hate; and the more you hate, the more cruel you will become—and so on in a vicious circle forever.”- c.s. Lewis

Guard yourselves. You're better than this.
STFU!!!!

Lol
Sorry. Someone had too

Reactions: AshG
The upstate represents a ton of major manufacturers and business and there’s plenty scattered throughout the state. Not sure what his assessment is based on.
I admit that I don't have a fully informed view on this. Specifically I was thinking more about the Charleston area and surrounding areas. However, from what I've seen, other than Boeing, there are far fewer large companies in South Carolina than where I live in Phoenix, AZ, and the salary ranges in South Carolina are far lower.

Too late. They live and vote among us.
Liberals are really into mandatory waiting periods. Perhaps we should invoke mandatory waiting periods before transplants from other states are eligible to vote in our states.

Reactions: C-south

VN Store

Back