40% of San Francisco residents plan to leave due to quality of life

Epithets, name calling, assumptions, othering. So many debasing themselves in their attempts to debase others. And it's gotten worse over time.

How we talk about others when we're comfortable among our peers is the most direct window into our hearts.
I can assure you I am most likely to look the average CA resident in the eye and tell them their politics are total **** and if they leave and come here due to oppressive taxation and legislation to not bring that **** here.

Reactions: InVOLuntary and ETV
I admit that I don't have a fully informed view on this. Specifically I was thinking more about the Charleston area and surrounding areas. However, from what I've seen, other than Boeing, there are far fewer large companies in South Carolina than where I live in Phoenix, AZ, and the salary ranges in South Carolina are far lower.

I think there’s a Volvo plant in Charleston as well. In the upstate we have Michelin, GE, BMW, Siemens, and many more, just a few off the top of my head. Then you have all of their suppliers. If you can’t find a job making over $20 an hour here it’s only because you don’t want it or failed to get any sort of skills/education.

What has happened in San Francisco will happen almost anywhere that housing prices explode. When long term citizens, mainly renters, are priced out of their own market by an influx of people willing and able to pay significantly higher prices, massive displacement is going to happen.
Which is exactly what is happening in the county where I live because they are over paying for limited housing available here. However we are not seeing the rise in homelessness that the urban areas in CA are seeing.

I first went to San Francisco in the early to mid eighties and although it was a magnet for **** people then, the streets were clean. I wouldn't get within 100 miles of that place today.

We have our fair share of taxes. SC income tax is 7%. Vehicle property taxes based on vehicle. Home/land property taxes. Sales tax 6%. Then some cities tack on a couple cents here and there for bs.

I know but I still love the upstate.

I admit that I don't have a fully informed view on this. Specifically I was thinking more about the Charleston area and surrounding areas. However, from what I've seen, other than Boeing, there are far fewer large companies in South Carolina than where I live in Phoenix, AZ, and the salary ranges in South Carolina are far lower.

Cost of living is a lot lower in SC also.

I know but I still love the upstate.

I live in the Blue Ridge/Greer area and it’s not bad. People are coming here in droves from everywhere much like everywhere else. They’re slapping sub divisions up left and right and if they aren’t clearing land for that it’s for an industrial park.

I live in the Blue Ridge/Greer area and it’s not bad. People are coming here in droves from everywhere much like everywhere else. They’re slapping sub divisions up left and right and if they aren’t clearing land for that it’s for an industrial park.

I thought that was called the upstate area, but from there west to lakes is my favorite part of the state.

I thought that was called the upstate area, but from there west to lakes is my favorite part of the state.

It is. Not sure if you consider Lake Hartwell upstate but the only other major ones I can think of are Keowee and Jocassee up near the mountains. They are nice, Jocasse is gorgeous.

Honestly our native Austin crazies are fine. I miss Kinky Friedman. The imports are trash ass hats and can GTFO.

An actual Texas Democrat is still very pro gun with individualistic views. The refugee asshat Democrats are not.
Nevertheless

Nevertheless
I hear yah. I just think a lot of our homegrown Democrats don’t want the bastards here either if for no other reason than what they are doing to housing.

I think it’s hilarious how we take a National political party and assume it’s homogeneous across all 57 states. Our native Texas Dems get largely pissed off by the stupidity exhibited by NY and CA Dems. And I’m sure I don’t line up homogeneously with with GOPers there either. Frankly I identify more libertarians but damn you talk about a dysfunctional group.

Reactions: RavinDave and AshG
I hear yah. I just think a lot of our homegrown Democrats don’t want the bastards here either if for no other reason than what they are doing to housing.

I think it’s hilarious how we take a National political party and assume it’s homogeneous across all 57 states. Our native Texas Dems get largely pissed off by the stupidity exhibited by NY and CA Dems. And I’m sure I don’t line up homogeneously with with GOPers there either. Frankly I identify more libertarians but damn you talk about a dysfunctional group.

I identify more with librarians

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Obviously the California Teachers Union quit teaching LONG, LONG before the Covid-19 pandemic hit.

Ooh, easy potshot you took!

A teacher can teach until they're blue in the face, with the best ability and utmost concern for the student. The student must be willing to receive, understand, and internalize. What use have those people had for that information after their standardized tests are over?

Also, that was not a continuous shot. Lots of editing. For entertainment purposes, they cut out almost everyone who knew the answer and left in the respondents with the most embarrassing answers or reactions. Bad sampling, but makes for good TV for those who feed on it.

Most national polls only poll about 1,000 to 1,500 respondents.

Low statistical power with respondents chosen from predetermined demographics. Good for developing trend lines so long as the same population continues to be surveyed, bad for developing a high detailed image of how the mass of people are thinking.

Ooh, easy potshot you took!

A teacher can teach until they're blue in the face, with the best ability and utmost concern for the student. The student must be willing to receive, understand, and internalize. What use have those people had for that information after their standardized tests are over?

Also, that was not a continuous shot. Lots of editing. For entertainment purposes, they cut out almost everyone who knew the answer and left in the respondents with the most embarrassing answers or reactions. Bad sampling, but makes for good TV for those who feed on it.

You know, I typically agree with what you're saying, but the sheer number of clueless people in that video should be concerning. Yeah, they were cherry picked, but, dang bruh, that's simple crap everyone should know. It's not like he was asking advanced Calc. Literally basic facts about the country they live in.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Low statistical power with respondents chosen from predetermined demographics. Good for developing trend lines so long as the same population continues to be surveyed, bad for developing a high detailed image of how the mass of people are thinking.
Predetermined demographics...like, for example, consistently, intentionally oversampling Democrats for presidential election polls?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I just re-read that entire story. To exactly what predetermined demographics are you referring to in this poll? San Francisco residents? Whom would you have them poll to determine if they're considering moving out of San Francisco - Seattle residents?

I just re-read that entire story. To exactly what predetermined demographics are you referring to in this poll? San Francisco residents? Whom would you have them poll to determine if they're considering moving out of San Francisco - Seattle residents?

Mea culpa. I should have emphasized that my response was concerning the nationwide polls.

VN Store

Back