A.D. Danny White; discussion thread

Even if she gets fired after one season, she'll make far more money at Tennessee than she would have made at Marshall.

Looks like ADDW is a smart business man. CKC new the details of contract when she signed it.
One of two things, she is confident in her coaching ability or just plain crazy for signing the contract.

I will go with first option.

So far no coach he's hired at Tennessee has won a championship...and that won't change after the baseball team wins one...
Vitello doesn’t turn down LSU for a hack AD. White is the reason Texas will flail also. Great coaches like great AD’s watching their backs.

He certainly didn't do that with Kellie, withholding adequate NIL funds while playing a #1 SOS schedule without the player depth to withstand injuries to key players the last three seasons...and giving a coach with one year of D1 experience at a non-P5 school vast NIL resources through the Vol Club while dumbing down the schedule...

He is making all the coaches better…. Go Vols and DW!!!

He certainly didn't do that with Kellie, withholding adequate NIL funds while playing a #1 SOS schedule without the player depth to withstand injuries to key players the last three seasons...and giving a coach with one year of D1 experience at a non-P5 school vast NIL resources through the Vol Club while dumbing down the schedule...

Kellie had a 50% winning percentage at every coaching job before UT… I doubt that it had anything to do with DW that she failed… DW has done an amazing job, imo

So far no coach he's hired at Tennessee has won a championship...and that won't change after the baseball team wins one...

The key part of this story…. Tennessee had won 2 SEC titles the previous four years before DW was hired…. Since 2021…. Tennessee has won 12 SEC titles…. You can bury your head in the sand all that you want…. We are the best that Tennessee has ever been and it’s bc of DW, Plowman, and Boyd. They are doing an amazing job leading this University.

Kenya Boyd says hello... but who cares about facts here? ... and how many has the new coach lined up? So far she's lost the two 5 star HS recruits that were committed for next year and 2027. That's -2 HS recruits so far. At least Kellie could keep Hollie's HS commits.

Kellie couldn't recruit HS players, and it's ridiculous to go an entire cycle without one single recruit. AD White made the correct choice in firing her.

AD doesn't control NIL funds. You're dealing out some serious fiction to bolster your entire butthurt narrative.

Kenya Boyd says hello... but who cares about facts here? ... and how many has the new coach lined up? So far she's lost the two 5 star HS recruits that were committed for next year and 2027. That's -2 HS recruits so far. At least Kellie could keep Hollie's HS commits.
At least spell her name correctly before you ask her to say hello. Facts? Kellie had how many HS recruits that she recruited actually play for her while coaching at UT? Can't wait for those facts since you want to tell me so bad.

Reactions: travis929

Good morning hater! Kellie was a mediocre mid-major coach with all the resources she needed. Only thing vast about her tenure besides the losses was the excuses by her small following of supporters. Don’t go 12-37.

1718967429805.jpeg

No doubt that Kellie captured the middle school market with Finley. That shouldn’t not be overlooked in her tenure here and I’m glad you’re here to defend it. She is almost 3 years away from being in college.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Once upon a time there was an INsider. He told people things,
like who our coach would be in the near future.
He was wrong.
He told people he didn't know what they should do with their money.
He was, arguably, well-intentioned and arrogant.
He liked sniffing the bicycle seat of a former UT employee
because it made him an INsider.

When he lost his INsider gig, he became a nattering nabob of negatory nonsense,
and attacked a fine AD.

Discerning people read his rants and respond with a big

IMG_1836.jpeg

He was wrong.

and attacked a fine AD.

View attachment 651391
You nailed it. From here on out, my go-to line for that crowd is going to be: “KIM CALLWELL is now our head coach, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

I don’t even care if CKC has a losing record this season. I’ll still sing it from the rooftops. Kellie ain’t coming back 😘

He was wrong.

and attacked a fine AD.

View attachment 651391

Ooofff!! I do understand why people are put off toward former Earlvol. He has been a fountain of doom and negativity since "the decision." But....

From what I can gather from this site (which may not be a foolproof source of info), EarlVol really put "his $ where his mouth is" for quite some time and was a very a loyal and significant supporter of the program. His "insider status" was that of any large donor who gets told some things, but not everything, and maybe gets some spin from the AD office who are always looking to manage donors' feelings, particularly when they may not like a pending course of action.

I believe Earl feels that he had been misled by some in the AD office and he is upset about it.

I wish he could pivot and give CKC the benefit of the doubt but when someone feels that that have invested a lot (literally) in the LVs and then were duped by the AD office , I can understand holding a grudge (and again, I am just inferring about Earlvol's perceptions not the actual fly on the wall events).

The vast majority of us on this board have an emotional connection to the LVs but Earlvol actually put a lot of $ and effort into building the LV's NIL coffers. I wish he could get a little more empathy from others on this board. If folks don't like his posts, maybe just let it slide, instead of trashing him. Some folks have earned a little grace for years of service.

Last edited:
Thanks, @madtownvol , I appreciate it. I'm not out on Danny White, in fact I just doubled my donation to the Shareholders Society with the money that I'm no longer giving to either NIL. He's done a lot of good things since coming to Tennessee, but I believe, but hope not, that he got some bad advice from a new gunslinger that he hired.

The way it was handled was not fair to Kellie and her staff, who achieved what they did with one hand tied behind their backs in recruiting resources. He did not have a coach with the pedigree required for this job lined up before he let her go and reached for Kim when he was turned down by countless others.

I still have my many season tickets, mainly because I renewed before the firing. I expect to reduce that number greatly after this season. I'm still a loyal football fan and will continue my support there.

Danny White is human, and I hope his ego hasn't overwhelmed his judgement as happens sometimes to managers that have success. We'll wait and see, but I will not lick his boots and swoon over his every decision as some of you on here have.

I was a Tennessee fan and alumni long before he got here and will be long after he's gone.

Ooofff!! I do understand why people are put off toward former Earlvol. He has been a fountain of doom and negativity since "the decision." But....

From what I can gather from this site (which may not be a foolproof source of info), EarlVol really put "his $ where his mouth is" for quite some time and was a very a loyal and significant supporter of the program. His "insider status" was that of any large donor who gets told some things, but not everything, and maybe gets some spin from the AD office who are always looking to manage donors' feelings, particularly when they may not like a pending course of action.

I believe Earl feels that he had been misled by some in the AD office and he is upset about it.

I wish he could pivot and give CKC the benefit of the doubt but when someone feels that that have invested a lot (literally) in the LVs and then were duped by the AD office , I can understand holding a grudge (and again, I am just inferring about Earlvol's perceptions not the actual fly on the wall events).

The vast majority of us on this board have an emotional connection to the LVs but Earlvol actually put a lot of $ and effort into building the LV's NIL coffers. I wish he could get a little more empathy from others on this board. If folks don't like his posts, maybe just let it slide, instead of trashing him. Some folks have earned a little grace for years of service.

Thanks, @madtownvol , I appreciate it. I'm not out on Danny White, in fact I just doubled my donation to the Shareholders Society with the money that I'm no longer giving to either NIL. He's done a lot of good things since coming to Tennessee, but I believe, but hope not, that he got some bad advice from a new gunslinger that he hired.

The way it was handled was not fair to Kellie and her staff, who achieved what they did with one hand tied behind their backs in recruiting resources. He did not have a coach with the pedigree required for this job lined up before he let her go and reached for Kim when he was turned down by countless others.

I still have my many season tickets, mainly because I renewed before the firing. I expect to reduce that number greatly after this season. I'm still a loyal football fan and will continue my support there.

Danny White is human, and I hope his ego hasn't overwhelmed his judgement as happens sometimes to managers that have success. We'll wait and see, but I will not lick his boots and swoon over his every decision as some of you on here have.

I was a Tennessee fan and alumni long before he got here and will be long after he's gone.
Again, it was an easy decision when the coach is 12-37 in Top 25 matchups. Nice humble brag of donation amount and season tickets, I admire how you can slide those in as if fans need reminding. That’s ego.

VN Store

Back