A.D. Danny White; discussion thread

Ooofff!! I do understand why people are put off toward former Earlvol. He has been a fountain of doom and negativity since "the decision." But....

From what I can gather from this site (which may not be a foolproof source of info), EarlVol really put "his $ where his mouth is" for quite some time and was a very a loyal and significant supporter of the program. His "insider status" was that of any large donor who gets told some things, but not everything, and maybe gets some spin from the AD office who are always looking to manage donors' feelings, particularly when they may not like a pending course of action.

I believe Earl feels that he had been misled by some in the AD office and he is upset about it.

I wish he could pivot and give CKC the benefit of the doubt but when someone feels that that have invested a lot (literally) in the LVs and then were duped by the AD office , I can understand holding a grudge (and again, I am just inferring about Earlvol's perceptions not the actual fly on the wall events).

The vast majority of us on this board have an emotional connection to the LVs but Earlvol actually put a lot of $ and effort into building the LV's NIL coffers. I wish he could get a little more empathy from others on this board. If folks don't like his posts, maybe just let it slide, instead of trashing him. Some folks have earned a little grace for years of service.
I have the same outlook on someone who puts money into a program and then demands power over decisions thereafter as I do the Haslams. If that was the end intent of your largesse? Pocket your money and slither elsewhere.

Thanks, @madtownvol , I appreciate it. I'm not out on Danny White, in fact I just doubled my donation to the Shareholders Society with the money that I'm no longer giving to either NIL. He's done a lot of good things since coming to Tennessee, but I believe, but hope not, that he got some bad advice from a new gunslinger that he hired.

The way it was handled was not fair to Kellie and her staff, who achieved what they did with one hand tied behind their backs in recruiting resources. He did not have a coach with the pedigree required for this job lined up before he let her go and reached for Kim when he was turned down by countless others.

I still have my many season tickets, mainly because I renewed before the firing. I expect to reduce that number greatly after this season. I'm still a loyal football fan and will continue my support there.

Danny White is human, and I hope his ego hasn't overwhelmed his judgement as happens sometimes to managers that have success. We'll wait and see, but I will not lick his boots and swoon over his every decision as some of you on here have.

I was a Tennessee fan and alumni long before he got here and will be long after he's gone.

"Kim Caldwell" is now the dictionary definition of high risk-high reward hire (though J.J. Riddick may have just taken her spot).

But, I am happy that the LVs have a woman coach and owing to the White fan boys, the board has not been inundated with demands to "hire the most qualified candidate" -- code word for "hire a man to do the job."

As we know, her contract is structured so that White can cut the losses quickly if the "risk," rather than the "reward" is what materializes.

But, CKC can only pass the tests in front of her and so far, she is been doing great. I hope that this positive pattern continues when it really counts.

Last edited:
I have the same outlook on someone who puts money into a program and then demands power over decisions thereafter as I do the Haslams. If that was the end intent of your largesse? Pocket your money and slither elsewhere.
I don't think Earlvol was demanding power over the AD's decisions. From his prior posts, he was under the impression that Kellie was going to get a chance to show what she could do under a better NIL situation. Her sudden firing with no proven elite coach waiting in the wings therefore seemed like a double cross.

Last edited:
"Kim Caldwell" is now the dictionary definition of high risk-high reward hire (though J.J. Riddick may have just taken her spot).

But, I am happy that the LVs have a woman coach and owing to the White fan boys, the board has not been inundated with the "hire the most qualified candidate-- code word for "hire a man to the job."
Aggressive approach without knowing races or genders of other posters.

Reactions: Voluble2
I don't think Earlvol was demanding power of the decisions. From his prior posts, he was under the impression that Kellie was going to get a chance to show what she could do under a better NIL situation. Her sudden firing with no proven elite coach waiting in the wings therefore seemed like a double cross.
Why mention withdrawing your money from NIL funds if you don’t think it has an impact? That’s power! Somehow they haven’t shuttled the program after this crippling news. 😴 Biggest indictment on Earl is he declares he’s a “former” fan then keeps us updated. DW obviously felt that throwing support in that empty hole season after season was an exercise in non-productivity, and after entertaining a few offers for candidates with already established programs, he went back to his preference…intriguing, hungry young minds. Kellie had five seasons to show enough and failed. Our former failed admins always waited until a program was in a quagmire before they moved on…usually with the sounds of screaming fans demanding it. This process is way better.

Last edited:
Why mention withdrawing your money from NIL funds if you do t think it has an impact? That’s power! Somehow they haven’t shuttled the program after this crippling news. 😴 Biggest indictment on Earl is he declares he’s a “former” fan then keeps us updated. DW obviously felt that throwing support in that empty hole season after season was an exercise in non-productivity, and after entertaining a few offers for candidates with already established programs, he went back to his preference…intriguing, hungry young minds. Kellie had five seasons to show enough and failed. Our former failed admins always waited until a program was in a quagmire before they moved on…usually with the sounds of screaming fans demanding it. This process is way better.
Empty seats, apathy > Earl donation, influence

Again, it was an easy decision when the coach is 12-37 in Top 25 matchups. Nice humble brag of donation amount and season tickets, I admire how you can slide those in as if fans need reminding. That’s ego.
Kellie was rewarded for 11.1 seconds of bad coaching and I am 100 behind,,,but I am not into disparaging continually Earl

Well majors, at least you're consistent,,but maybe that's not so good in your case

Kenya Boyd says hello... but who cares about facts here? ... and how many has the new coach lined up? So far she's lost the two 5 star HS recruits that were committed for next year and 2027. That's -2 HS recruits so far. At least Kellie could keep Hollie's HS commits.
I didn’t know Boyd had committed. Kellie lost Westbrook and another player from Maryland…name escapes me.

Kellie was rewarded for 11.1 seconds of bad coaching and I am 100 behind,,,but I am not into disparaging continually Earl

Well majors, at least you're consistent,,but maybe that's not so good in your case
maybe you should of had this same energy months ago when Earl boasting about his connections, bashing other posters and his entitlement because of donation size. By the way, those he was bashing were right in the end. So yes, I’m consistent. Like I’ve said, if you’re going to take aim don’t miss.

You defend the FormerLadyVolFan and I’ll defend those he belittled.

Last edited:
maybe you should of had this same energy months ago when Earl boasting about his connections, bashing other posters and his entitlement because of donation size. By the way, those he was bashing were right in the end. So yes, I’m consistent. Like I’ve said, if you’re going to take aim don’t miss.

You defend the FormerLadyVolFan and I’ll defend those he belittled.
He is a friend first and that is important to me. I have made errors in judgement and posts,,,I hope people are more lenient with me than you are with Earl.

He is a good man and has backed the Lady Vols long before he got upset with how things were handled with Kellie. I do not fault him for his feelings...That is the man I know and care about,,,not the one you choose to bash.

But it is your option and choice.
But in my eye, Earl is a true LVFL and always will be

Reactions: madtownvol
He is a friend first and that is important to me. I have made errors in judgement and posts,,,I hope people are more lenient with me than you are with Earl.

He is a good man and has backed the Lady Vols long before he got upset with how things were handled with Kellie. I do not fault him for his feelings...That is the man I know and care about,,,not the one you choose to bash.

His screen name says that last part is false.

His screen name says that last part is false.
I think he wanted to change his screen name back, but all posters can only change their screen name once per year unless they open a different/new avatar/name...so he is stuck with that name unless he opens a new account

Reactions: madtownvol
I think he wanted to change his screen name back, but all posters can only change their screen name once per year unless they open a different/new avatar/name...so he is stuck with that name unless he opens a new account
Ouch! Hard lesson to learn when you do it so early in the calendar year. Seemed like a good idea at the time, I’m sure.

Formerladyvolfan has a right to his opinion, although since he quit donating to NIL as he told others MANY, MANY times. If you don't donate you shouldn't complain.

Reactions: Labtech
Why mention withdrawing your money from NIL funds if you don’t think it has an impact? That’s power! Somehow they haven’t shuttled the program after this crippling news. 😴 Biggest indictment on Earl is he declares he’s a “former” fan then keeps us updated. DW obviously felt that throwing support in that empty hole season after season was an exercise in non-productivity, and after entertaining a few offers for candidates with already established programs, he went back to his preference…intriguing, hungry young minds. Kellie had five seasons to show enough and failed. Our former failed admins always waited until a program was in a quagmire before they moved on…usually with the sounds of screaming fans demanding it. This process is way better.

Meanwhile other female programs are thriving who he turned his back on in not supporting NIL. Tennessee > feelings

Sad if your analysis is true. Fans are not immune from trashing their NET value as VOLS anymore than coaches and players with PUBLIC tirades. This appears to be more than a knee jerk limited response. I am going with DW and choose to believe his analysis said IT IS TIME. Love Kellie, always will in both roles, but if the analysis indicated her best would not be good enough, additional time is not warranted. Time to move on and see if his solution pays off. Might, might not, but his record is pretty good.

Sad if your analysis is true. Fans are not immune from trashing their NET value as VOLS anymore than coaches and players with PUBLIC tirades. This appears to be more than a knee jerk limited response. I am going with DW and choose to believe his analysis said IT IS TIME. Love Kellie, always will in both roles, but if the analysis indicated her best would not be good enough, additional time is not warranted. Time to move on and see if his solution pays off. Might, might not, but his record is pretty good.
When the ship has a small leak that can’t be fixed, you can either die a slow death or hitch a ride on the rescue boat.

not sure it was Danny who pulled the plug on Kellie,,he had another assistant AD in charge of women's BB.

But I am fully behind the call to fire Kellie. After the 11.1 fiasco, her abilities under pressure would have been under a microscope continually,, by fans of this forum, other soc-medias, by other coaches and most probably by her elite players...to me, she had to go.

And this is where Earl and I had our own tiff. He felt Kellie would have had a much better potential for elite recruits with the addition of NIL funds and I felt that her rep was too far damaged even if she had the means to get top players.

In coaching,,,,respect lost, is impossibly hard to get back,,,from all entities

VN Store

Back