A&m coaching search

Rexrode on Vitello and Tennessee

"I asked White on the field what he would say about other programs trying to poach Vitello. Some athletic directors in that moment would use the opportunity to give a “Hands off!” message, but White spoke to factors other than compensation, saying: “I don’t think I’d have to even entertain that conversation. Tony knows what he’s built here and it’s special. It’s a relationship between him and his players and the program he’s built, and the fans, that you really can’t replace. Tennessee baseball is here to stay, and he’s the reason why.”

Vitello
“Tennessee came calling, and I knew a little bit about it. I knew it had those ingredients,” Vitello said. “But I’ve been blown away by how friendly everybody is, how involved everybody is. And loyalty is a very important word to everybody, but especially to an Italian fella, and I don’t know that there’s a more loyal fan base and really just community when you’re in that state.”

“Show up at work every day and get out of my car excited, have fun and be around people that want to be here. Be in an environment you want to get to every day. 💯 percent success,” Tony Vitello

Rexrode on Vitello and Tennessee

"I asked White on the field what he would say about other programs trying to poach Vitello. Some athletic directors in that moment would use the opportunity to give a “Hands off!” message, but White spoke to factors other than compensation, saying: “I don’t think I’d have to even entertain that conversation. Tony knows what he’s built here and it’s special. It’s a relationship between him and his players and the program he’s built, and the fans, that you really can’t replace. Tennessee baseball is here to stay, and he’s the reason why.”

Vitello
“Tennessee came calling, and I knew a little bit about it. I knew it had those ingredients,” Vitello said. “But I’ve been blown away by how friendly everybody is, how involved everybody is. And loyalty is a very important word to everybody, but especially to an Italian fella, and I don’t know that there’s a more loyal fan base and really just community when you’re in that state.”
situations and things change over time.... but this kind of stuff is magical

a couple years ago as we're watching a game...

my wife: "that is one nice looking man..."

me: "kind of like me?"

wife: stares at screen, no response...
I can't lie; as well as being a great coach, Vitello is really cute.

As for Schlossnagle, don't let the door hit ya.

I understand career-building and seizing opportunity, but this? This was LOW, sitting there and berating the TexAgs reporter for being "selfish" in addressing the rumor right after the game and saying what he did. Beneath contempt. Bah.

No, I don't think Schlossnagle threw the games. But Texas's AD is his bestie, he may have struck the deal in April, and this rumor should never have circulated before the game because some of the Aggie players learned on Twitter about it.

Exactly Vitello doesn’t want the admin telling him how to act/look .. he won’t be allowed to be himself at places like Texas a&m or Texas .. but how hilarious is it that the Texas a&m coach last night said Texas a&m was the only job he wanted and he was offended at the press question then next day agrees to deal with Texas .. what a turd
Yeah that TaM coach presser was telling...
1719409585695.png

The fact that people like Kendall Rogers are now reporting that the negotiations started after the UGA series (that was April 26-28) A) it’s amazing this didn’t leak sooner B) should be a giant sign to recruits and parents of what kind of people, both Schloss and Del Conte are. One betrayed his current employer and team for 6 weeks and the other betrayed his employee and student athletes for 6 weeks.

This has to be said as well....... The ugliness in the timing of Texas' firing of Pierce and the "leak" that they were hiring Schloss on the day of the CWS final game is egregious by the Horns if what I am hearing is true. To do that to those A&M players on such a day (if indeed true as I hear it) then Texas is trash.

I can't lie; as well as being a great coach, Vitello is really cute.

As for Schlossnagle, don't let the door hit ya.

I understand career-building and seizing opportunity, but this? This was LOW, sitting there and berating the TexAgs reporter for being "selfish" in addressing the rumor right after the game and saying what he did. Beneath contempt. Bah.

No, I don't think Schlossnagle threw the games. But Texas's AD is his bestie, he may have struck the deal in April, and this rumor should never have circulated before the game because some of the Aggie players learned on Twitter about it.
yep. and the timing was necessary given the portal closes so soon. sucks in all respects, but it was bound to happen the way it did.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The fact that people like Kendall Rogers are now reporting that the negotiations started after the UGA series (that was April 26-28) A) it’s amazing this didn’t leak sooner B) should be a giant sign to recruits and parents of what kind of people, both Schloss and Del Conte are. One betrayed his current employer and team for 6 weeks and the other betrayed his employee and student athletes for 6 weeks.
Reading the thread “He’s staying!” on TXAgs is a clinic on the Five Stages Of Grief. Total pious outrage at the mere asking of the question to…well still reneging on the ACCEPTANCE part. 😉 Any sympathy I could generate was voided by the constant attempts to speak Vitello To Austin into existence.

There’s a little bit of crow here. It’s funny to see how quickly they change their view on Tony Vols.

this was a cool tidbit:

"phatty26
5:51a

Like I posted a few months back Vitello is a showman. Many people do think he is a nice guy case in point one my best friends son plays for Queens university. They played Tenn in a midweek game this season. He met that team the day before and took the Queens entire team and staff out to dinner in Knoxville the night before. I've never heard of Schlossnagle doing that for anyone."

If he were leaving, he would be being announced as the head coach of ut, with a 3 million dollar annual contract for the next 5 years. Instead he will earn millions, perhaps a tad less at UT, with basically a lifetime contract and basically everything he ever wanted, including a brand new 100 million dollar stadium. Easy choice.

VN Store

Back