A&m coaching search

Tony's quote in April was something along the lines of I will meet with the administration about my contract after we win the World Series. He wants to have the highest paid staff and personnel in the nation. He is going to do what he can to keep Elander from wanting to go anywhere else along with Que and the rest of his personnel.

Tony's quote in April was something along the lines of I will meet with the administration about my contract after we win the World Series. He wants to have the highest paid staff and personnel in the nation. He is going to do what he can to keep Elander from wanting to go anywhere else along with Que and the rest of his personnel.
Wasn't CTV trying to negotiate a contract and raise for Anderson this season?

Heflin and McKee have echoed several times on their podcast that it's not so much about what Tony is getting paid, but what the assistant pool will be raised to that he's lobbying for the most.

I feel like Tony is playing the long-game. He emphasizes "loyalty" and "team" every chance he gets. He knows that he didn't get "here" by himself...that's what drives his success.

Rexrode on Vitello and Tennessee

"I asked White on the field what he would say about other programs trying to poach Vitello. Some athletic directors in that moment would use the opportunity to give a “Hands off!” message, but White spoke to factors other than compensation, saying: “I don’t think I’d have to even entertain that conversation. Tony knows what he’s built here and it’s special. It’s a relationship between him and his players and the program he’s built, and the fans, that you really can’t replace. Tennessee baseball is here to stay, and he’s the reason why.”

Vitello
“Tennessee came calling, and I knew a little bit about it. I knew it had those ingredients,” Vitello said. “But I’ve been blown away by how friendly everybody is, how involved everybody is. And loyalty is a very important word to everybody, but especially to an Italian fella, and I don’t know that there’s a more loyal fan base and really just community when you’re in that state.”
Was the last sentence a dig at Vandy? 😁

Schlossnagle chose the day after the Championship game to announce he was leaving. He had a locker room full of hurting players and he couldn’t wait a few days? Bad look for Schlossnagle and an even worse look for Texas A&M. But I expect that from the Aggies.

Been cruising the Aggies forums, I’m not seeing Vitello on any lists. Not because they don’t want him, many say they would love to see Vitello take on Schlossnagle again.

But they know Tony isn’t leaving Knoxville. Seems like they are realistic in that scenario.

Pretty funny since they loved badmouthing TV during the series but now realize he’s the actual genuine article vs their former coach

I really don’t think most people worrying about us losing TV are even really Fans of the baseball program. If you’ve even read into the slightest about TV, you would know that his whole dream is being accomplished here. Build and have from the ground up his “own program” as well as have different coaches and teams from the university support one another. His dad coached at the same place for 30 years and attended all games of other sports, just like TV. TV has turned down better jobs multiple times, before Tennessee and while he has been here. Now he has everything he wanted and is now a king here. Money is the same here and this is truly everything he has wanted (from what he said in interviews). If you’re worried, you probably didn’t worry about the baseball program before last Saturday anyways.

I really don’t think most people worrying about us losing TV are even really Fans of the baseball program. If you’ve even read into the slightest about TV, you would know that his whole dream is being accomplished here. Build and have from the ground up his “own program” as well as have different coaches and teams from the university support one another. His dad coached at the same place for 30 years and attended all games of other sports, just like TV. TV has turned down better jobs multiple times, before Tennessee and while he has been here. Now he has everything he wanted and is now a king here. Money is the same here and this is truly everything he has wanted (from what he said in interviews). If you’re worried, you probably didn’t worry about the baseball program before last Saturday anyways.
I agree. I've said it on a few other topics around here that Tony is going no where. Pretty much 0% chance he leaves.

There is zero reasons for him to do so. He's a living legend around Knoxville and he's getting everything he's asking for (i know he wants money for his assistances, so hopefully that too). I could be absolutely wrong, but TV does not look like a guy who would jump away from what he's got. He has used the word loyalty over and over again and i believe that means loyalty to the players, the school, and Vol fans. Dude is probably in one of the most envious positions in college baseball. Why would he give that up?

Everyone please relax, he will be at UT for a really long time.

Schlossnagle chose the day after the Championship game to announce he was leaving. He had a locker room full of hurting players and he couldn’t wait a few days? Bad look for Schlossnagle and an even worse look for Texas A&M. But I expect that from the Aggies.

I’m not sure I’d pin it on A&M, as they seemed genuinely shocked from top to bottom. Now that more is coming out and the massive columns of smoke rising from his tenure, getting a read of A&M and their fan base is pretty clear they weren’t expecting just how bad this played out.

I’d put this on a failure of ethics and morals on behalf of Schloss and the admin of Texas. Announcing the firing of their coach on the day of the CWS final? Get out of here….

BVS still reigns supreme. I have never seen more fans allergic to feeling good about anything. Even winning the national championship can't help.
lol. ain't that the truth. As a former player, i have done nothing but celebrate the companionship and tell everyone i know about it. I'm riding this awesome feeling and the last thing I'm worried about is Tony leaving. Everyone needs to enjoy this moment. This is what everyone has been dying for and now that it's here, some can't enjoy it for worrying about something that is not happening.

Reactions: EaglesVols91
I’m not sure I’d pin it on A&M, as they seemed genuinely shocked from top to bottom. Now that more is coming out and the massive columns of smoke rising from his tenure, getting a read of A&M and their fan base is pretty clear they weren’t expecting just how bad this played out.

I’d put this on a failure of ethics and morals on behalf of Schloss and the admin of Texas. Announcing the firing of their coach on the day of the CWS final? Get out of here….

Ethic$ and moral$ at Texa$???
Just wait and see what the Texa$ admini$tration, AD and really big headed money men do starting in a couple of months! They hate the Aggies and will try to bully the SEC as well.

But, hey, A&M jumped started this coaching $$$ mess when they spent 70M on "who was that dude?" They deserve what they get as well.

Ethic$ and moral$ at Texa$???
Just wait and see what the Texa$ admini$tration, AD and really big headed money men do starting in a couple of months! They hate the Aggies and will try to bully the SEC as well.

But, hey, A&M jumped started this coaching $$$ mess when they spent 70M on "who was that dude?" They deserve what they get as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not shedding a tear for A&M at all. The cultists bring a lot of this on themselves.

Just think that Texas is the bigger evil. It won’t be long before they are trying to run the SEC.

And after winning a title I would say he deserves to get what he wants. Hopefully we aren’t stupid enough to say no.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I feel like Tony is playing the long-game. He emphasizes "loyalty" and "team" every chance he gets. He knows that he didn't get "here" by himself...that's what drives his success.
The word he kept saying yesterday was “unity”. That’s a bit different, as in “we all need to be pulling in the same direction”. Don’t know what to make of that, because we all can agree on success as a unifier.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Back on topic, anyone know what names in here are mentioned? You don’t have to post the paid content and the write-up, but just curious what names they say to look out for.

They can't hire any coaches currently with a job at another university. That's exactly what Texas did and they are the scumiest program in the NCAA.

VN Store

Back