A&m coaching search

I think A/M will go after the Florida or Kentucky coach. I think the Kentucky coach will take the job.

I think A/M will go after the Florida or Kentucky coach. I think the Kentucky coach will take the job.
I maybe wrong but I don't think either one will take the job. Ky will counter any $$$$ offer and Sully is very comfortable where he is. Plus he is to old to be packing up and moving. A&M will go after him, but those two are comfortable where they are and it is not all about them.

If I was aggie and real smart I'd take Josh Elander, he is a Texan and knows how to make the secret sauce. I just don't think they are that smart.

Aggies going after Elander was my first thought. That would be an excellent move for them.

A&M is an excellent job: warm weather, rabid fan base, lots of money for salaries, etc.

Aggies going after Elander was my first thought. That would be an excellent move for them.

A&M is an excellent job: warm weather, rabid fan base, lots of money for salaries, etc.
Coach E is very deserving of a head coaching position. He is most likely on many short lists of candidates. Selfishly I would like to see how far this staff can take this program before Coach A rides off into the sunset. But when they come courting, he may rightfully make the leap.

Coach E is very deserving of a head coaching position. He is most likely on many short lists of candidates. Selfishly I would like to see how far this staff can take this program before Coach A rides off into the sunset. But when they come courting, he may rightfully make the leap.
A&M will take several "No" replies on their list before they get to Erlanger. $$$$ is a problem but now that they have a taste of the CWS they will go after an established coach first. If this had happened to Tennessee and they had been to the finals I could see them going after an established Coach not a newbie. With Tennessee we had nothing to lose with CTV.

It sucks, but honestly one of the reasons the Portal was created and had public support was for situations like this.

If a coach, who is making millions of dollars a year by the way, can bolt less than 24 hours after playing for a national title to a school's archrival, why can't the players? I don't like either a coach or a player doing it, but it doesn't seem right for one to be able to do it and not the other.

Also, shows how even more important it is now in the Portal era to keep your coach. Guys have always committed to coaches, not schools/programs, and the Portal era just lays that bare.

I was listening to the Texas longhorns 247 baseball video on YouTube and one of the guys said his source said that a&m is going after vitello hard walk me back from the ledge please.
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend! Buddy we’re good here. TV’s new contract will be announced soon.

It's brutal for A&M but the players got blindsided by their coach. it's hard to blame them
Don't blame them at all. Coach and staff deserted them. Are they following them or not. Screw up situation. Current Texas Players must have some concern. Based on CTV watch the portal and sees how he recruits and based on his comments yesterday I don't think he is leaving. It appears that he is not in it for the money, but for the task of creating something special and he has all the support he needs to do so. The money will be there for him and he is not the type to sit back on his laurels and relax. IOW, CTV is not finished with UTK so why change. When you use the word "Loyalty" more than 5 times in the same paragraph or message there is no reason to assume this coach is going after money.

Last edited:
aTm has a very dysfunctional athletic department. There is almost complete segregation of sports and the individual programs don’t really get along.

I don’t think most of you guys understand how special of a place that Danny White has created at Tennessee. All the programs support each other. The coaches typically get along very well. It’s rare for 2 major sports coaches to come and support another coach and program like was done on Monday. We have true leadership at the top.

Go to a Lady Vol softball game and see several male athletes there supporting. This happens all over here.

Danny White has changed the culture and direction and has invented the blueprint for a “total athletic dept.”

VN Store

Back