Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

Just my pet peeve of people typing "thoughts and prayers" after tragedies as if that does anything, its a "look at me" action that excused any real action. That's all.
That’s precisely what you’re doing, though. I agree, can’t be too sure of anyone’s motives, but in this moment that is all one can do.

That's the reaction of people who don't want anything significant to be done about these shooting. Let the pain -- and the impetus to do something -- fade.
No, that's what people with agenda do to stir up support for a knee jerk reaction that likely wouldn't have stopped this person from hurting others.

We can't ban guns.

The left uses it as a wedge issue, so does the right.

Common sense is the victim.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Eight pages of mostly arguing about guns when the real problem is mental health and the nutjobs who commit this violence. If they didn't use a gun, they'd just use something else. A bomb, a knife, something. We focus on the wrong things.

What needs to be done is figure out what drives people to commit these acts and fix that. Nothing you or anyone else have put forth as a solution will do anything to stop mass killings.

I believe many on here have proposed a rehaul and emphasis on the mental health system.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
You ever stop to think what you are accomplishing by antagonizing people who say that? Is it just your “look at me” action?
Not sure how that is antagonizing. Thoughts and Prayers are good but the poster is right. We need finite actions that will actually help prevent so many school shootings.

What needs to be done is figure out what drives people to commit these acts and fix that. Nothing you or anyone else have put forth as a solution will do anything to stop mass killings.

That’s too difficult.

I would suppose we could rank the list as least infringement onto your rights to most and work our way down until revolution.
Appears once you're done there will be nothing left to fight a revolution with and it would have been carried out by those we'd need to fight. Convenient

I would suppose we could rank the list as least infringement onto your rights to most and work our way down until revolution.
I suppose. That’s going to include us going with your scrap the constitution plan though.

The exercise of my rights doesn't cause school shootings. No one has the right to harm another.
It's just that the exercising of your right makes it more probable that others will be harmed. But hey, "don't tread on me."

Eight pages of mostly arguing about guns when the real problem is mental health and the nutjobs who commit this violence. If they didn't use a gun, they'd just use something else. A bomb, a knife, something. We focus on the wrong things.

I agree with that but its foolish not to admit that the guns are the easiest and preferred method.

You ever stop to think what you are accomplishing by antagonizing people who say that? Is it just your “look at me” action?

Maybe I will make them think for a second, if that's antagonizing then the glove fits.

VN Store

Back