Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

Prayers for the families involved. We live in a broken, evil world.
Couple of things: We have a small group of teachers who carry at my school. We train with law enforcement and go through extensive training on firearm control and safety as well. Second: It's being reported that this shooter entered through an unlocked side door. This is preventable and should never happen. Teachers who routinely leave classroom and/or outside access doors unlocked after having been told not to do so need to be fired.
Usually it's human error that leaves the path open whether it's LEs or some unlocked door. My kids elementary school automatically lock and an alarm goes off if it's propped open. There's one way into the school.

Freedom has benefits and cons. We've allowed so many of our freedoms to be eroded. This just happens to be one of those that help to keep government honest. I'm not as convinced as you are that action would be worth it.

The alternative is what we have. It seems everyone is happy with it so hey, thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
those actions would not infringe on your rights and if they did the sacrifice to save lives wouldnt be worth it to you. Gotcha.
No they absolutely wouldn't. The list of things you could institute to save more lives than guns take is quite long. Why not start there and work your way down?

What other rights of all citizens are you willing to give away in the name of "safety"?

would not infringe on your rights and if they did
which is it?

Reactions: tbwhhs and 615vols
Usually it's human error that leaves the path open whether it's LEs or some unlocked door. My kids elementary school automatically lock and an alarm goes off if it's propped open. There's one way into the school.
I think you will see more and more of those types of doors installed. Unfortunately they are too expensive for some places at this point. I've seen too many teachers be lax with doors to give them much grace though.

We could pay for 2 retired vets to be at every school in the U.S. for the next 20 years, but instead we'd rather launder that money through Ukraine by supplying them with.....guns. Personally, I'd rather the protection be private than involving any government employees in the defense of our children.

Is it wrong I immediately thought of Biden and how he totally screwed up the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan?

It may have been ugly(probably unavoidable) but he got us out of someplace we should have never been. One of the only things the guy did right.

The problem of school shootings is obviously multifaceted, so the solution has to be multifaceted too. There is no silver bullet (not meant to be a pun). There's plenty of room for solutions in all realms: school architecture, mental health, gun ownership law, etc. To fixate only on ONE solution as if it will cure THE problem is too simplistic and naive, imo. And keep in mind, that the idea is to solve THE problem, not shift the problem somewhere else or create a dozen new problems. That is a very difficult thing to sort out.

Who’s your pick for the first politician to publicly call for more gun control?

VN Store

Back