Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

That's fair.

But I do think replying to a tragedy with any sort of empty action statement is very "look at me" behavior. The only difference is an assumption was made that newt's statement was intentionally a jab or attack at religion and feathers got ruffled from there.
The act of expressing it, via speech, writing or in text whether in public or private is thoughts/prayer.

Perhaps it could be considered "look at me" behavior. It can be a coping mechanism...... Or just legitimate prayer. I just don't get the call to criticize a person wishing no harm on another.

So, your idea is (typical to all liberal ideas) to raise the cost of gun ownership so the quantity of guns decreases. Yet, requiring insurance policies will do ZERO to address the issue.

People may be more careful with their firearms.

But what is known is that a kid who fit the profile had easy access to guns yet managed to not be enticed to shoot up the school. It wasn't the gun access that decided it but the individual, which is why it should be the focus.
Do you honestly think you are making a valid point?
Easy access to guns isn't the determining factor on if a person becomes a school shooter, easy access to guns is what makes school shooters more prevalent and ultimately deadly.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
The question is why do they feel they have to put it on a forum or social media at all?

It's like people that film themselves doing random acts of kindness...if you're staging it so you can film it then it's no random anymore and your motivates come into question.

I just feel like it's an action no one can verify you do...so maybe people feel they need to state it to get the credit for it?
And there you go. They say it for the fact of, they want to. It’s their phone, their fingertips. Who cares it’s a public forum where anyone can say what they want. That’s what makes them feel better. Who cares? Why be like this?

Imagine watching and hearing about kids being slaughtered all across the country due to firearms and then making fun of someone who wants solutions to curb that violence.

Or is it you simply don’t like my ideas to try and prevent needless death of children? If that’s the case, what are your ideas?
I asked you a follow up on your proposal if you would like to discuss it further.

And there you go. They say it for the fact of, they want to. It’s their phone, their fingertips. Who cares it’s a public forum where anyone can say what they want. That’s what makes them feel better. Who cares? Why be like this?

Because its fake.

Imagine watching and hearing about kids being slaughtered all across the country due to firearms and then making fun of someone who wants solutions to curb that violence.

Or is it you simply don’t like my ideas to try and prevent needless death of children? If that’s the case, what are your ideas?

You don't want solutions, you want to "do something". Your ideas would do nothing to stop these events. I have laid out my ideas numerous times and they begin with finding the root cause of what brings a person to commit such an act.

As I said, I didn't know for sure. I wonder how long that has been case? Wouldn't be surprise if autos led until up everyone quit going anywhere during the covid panic, but again, I don't know.

Would also be interesting to see how the numbers look if broken down by various racial demographics. My surprise level would be zero if the 13% badly skew US numbers among children as it does for the population as a whole.

What value would this add to separate the data?

I also think it's important to realize that vehicles are a required necessity for travel, especially in the US and children are typically interacting with them multiple times a day. So for it to be surpassed by guns is sobering, especially when so many other countries with far stricter gun laws have so few deaths of children from them.

It's hard to say "gun control doesn't work" when the data supports it works and works extremely well.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

I also think it's important to realize that vehicles are a required necessity for travel, especially in the US and children are typically interacting with them multiple times a day. So for it to be surpassed by guns is sobering, especially when so many other countries with far stricter gun laws have so few deaths of children from them.

It's hard to say "gun control doesn't work" when the data supports it works and works extremely well.

How so? How has gun control worked? The murder rate since the 60s hasn't changed much yet restrictions on gun ownership have increased dramatically.

Reactions: AM64
As I said, I didn't know for sure. I wonder how long that has been case? Wouldn't be surprise if autos led until up everyone quit going anywhere during the covid panic, but again, I don't know.

Would also be interesting to see how the numbers look if broken down by various racial demographics. My surprise level would be zero if the 13% badly skew US numbers among children as it does for the population as a whole.
I know that roughly 1/3 of firearm-related deaths are due to suicide. Other than a few unintentional/accidents, the rest are homicides. I don't think we have to think too hard about where the majority of those are coming from.

So the solutions? Mental health overhaul, social media reform, clean up gang-infested communities, and do something about the lack of fathers in the house.

I'm totally fine with education on proper gun storage and safety. And, there is no reason that schools aren't all locked with a single, security-manned entrance.

How so? How has gun control worked? The murder rate since the 60s hasn't changed much yet restrictions on gun ownership have increased dramatically.
Is there a murder rate chart for urban vs suburban areas?

Reactions: AM64

I mean I didn't criticize anyone for doing it, didn't take anyone to task over it. Those people can share or say what they want and you'll never see me rub my opinion in their face about it at all.

Volbucky directly told someone something I felt was hypocritical and I chimed in. Because I wanted to, and it's my phone and my fingertips. So who cares?

Reactions: Volsdeep4
It would point out that one segment of the population has a problem. It also demolishes a lot of arguments for gun control.
While this is true, it does not take away that automobiles even now kill almost as many children as guns. Many people consider their guns essential. I do. Don't leave home without it.

Huh, What?

Reactions: hog88
I know that roughly 1/3 of firearm-related deaths are due to suicide. Other than a few unintentional/accidents, the rest are homicides. I don't think we have to think too hard about where the majority of those are coming from.

So the solutions? Mental health overhaul, social media reform, clean up gang-infested communities, and do something about the lack of fathers in the house.

I'm totally fine with education on proper gun storage and safety. And, there is no reason that schools aren't all locked with a single, security-manned entrance.
Good points.

Do you honestly think you are making a valid point?
Easy access to guns isn't the determining factor on if a person becomes a school shooter, easy access to guns is what makes school shooters more prevalent and ultimately deadly.
The solution to restrict everybody elses access to something isn't addressing the issue. As demonstrated with your own situation, the access isn't the root. To fix the problem, you need to address the cause. Gun control isn't the cause. Gun control is just a form of abuse unto the populace.

And, there is no reason that schools aren't all locked with a single, security-manned entrance.

I think about our daycare. They can't afford security. They can barely afford teachers. I don't know why it's that way, but they are all the same. And all the playgrounds are exposed. There's nothing you can do if somebody decides they want to do it. And that's life to an extent. It's a ****** thing to think about.

But we can try to identify the crazy, let them know it's ok, get them help, and stop them from getting a gun. And we will probably fail. But I'd like to try.

VN Store

Back