Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

Seems I read early that she had already committed the act 9 minutes after that phone call! They would have been responding to the major 911 call at that point.

I'll try to find where I saw that. Think was the Instagram messages to her friend.

Found it:

"She(the shooter's friend) received the message at 9:57 a.m. from Hale, and sent a screenshot to her dad at 10:08 a.m. who suggested Patton call a suicide prevention help line. At 10:13 a.m., Patton told CNN she called Nashville Davidson County Sherriff's Office and then called the non-emergency line at 10:14 a.m."

"Metro Police responded to a shots fired call at 10:13 a.m. Monday, and officers killed Hale by 10:27 a.m."

I don't apply to the 'Slippery Slope' argument though I hear it often. If we tried to avoid the slipper slope in all things, nothing would get done. There may be certain things they can address and I do know there are ongoing arguments right now in congress. But I share your trepidation.

'Government has a role. It' just really bad at knowing what that role is'

If you don’t believe government power always increases and that I’m making up a false slippery slope, give me one example where the government has not continually increased their power? Just one.

Government does have a role. Being your mom and telling you to get off the computer isn’t that role. When you expand government you take away from the actual things they’re supposed to be doing (look at recent crime rate increases after decades of declines)

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Classic response from someone already cemented in to their position. That was not my words:

A standard semi-auto AR15 chambered in .223/5.56mm can fire up to 45 rounds per minute, allowing the user to adjust and compensate for center mass as they are firing. Full auto and binary triggers will greatly increase the rate of fire.

Are they wrong?

Seems about right. You realize almost every handgun in America can also be fired at that same rate, right?

What makes this a larger concern or do you wish to ban those too

The AR-15 is the most popular rifle worldwide and it can easily fire as many as 800 – 1200 RPM depending on the version of the gun, caliber, and trigger.

Seems a little excessive to most reasonable people (at least the ones without tiny d**ks)

😂🤣😂🤣 if that’s the case the barrel would be melted in about 10 seconds.

Seems about right. You realize almost every handgun in America can also be fired at that same rate, right?

So there is a Firing Rate (rating) on all weaponry? It is that rate that I'd look at as a possible 'compromise'. If it's a 'low capacity' weapon, would it be hard to fire 45 shots in a minute? Is it possible to limit the lethality of weapons so that some nut can't kill so many people in short order?

He already stated that he doesn't believe that someone should be able to fire numerous rounds in a minute. By that standard, he wants to ban all modern firearms.

Reactions: AM64
Lmao find a video of that. I want to see 900RPM fired from a semiautomatic AR
Take it up with neckbone, lol.

"Hi my name is Neckbone and I started this site because I love firearms and shooting sports. I worked as a 45B Small Arms Repairer in the Army and since then I've been enjoying the hobby. This site will have something for everybody!"

So there is a Firing Rate (rating) on all weaponry? It is that rate that I'd look at as a possible 'compromise'. If it's a 'low capacity' weapon, would it be hard to fire 45 shots in a minute? Is it possible to limit the lethality of weapons so that some nut can't kill so many people in short order?

The firing rate is based on the user. There’s an upper limit to this just like there’s an upper limit to how fast can a human run.

It would be possible to fire 45 shots in one minute with almost any gun. Is your plan to ban all of them?

What are you proposing?

Reactions: InVOLuntary

"Hi my name is Neckbone and I started this site because I love firearms and shooting sports. I worked as a 45B Small Arms Repairer in the Army and since then I've been enjoying the hobby. This site will have something for everybody!"

Neckbone certainly delivered on this promise!

Reactions: screenthis
He wants a return to muskets only apparently. Good luck with that.

Good lord. The arguments are now becoming silly. I realize that people who are on the 'anti-any' gun control side are cemented in their positions and reasonable arguments may be difficult but....

Reactions: InVOLuntary

What the person is likely talking about is a hypothetical rate for a fully automatic AR. Idk the last time we had a mass shooting with a fully automatic weapon. Probably a Tommy gun in the 20s.

Even then the number is likely hypothetical because you’d be limiting by ammo capacity and barrel temperature.

The 45 number you mentioned is probably a much more realistic number, but once again that’s user dependent

Reactions: AM64
Good lord. The arguments are now becoming silly. I realize that people who are on the 'anti-any' gun control side are cemented in their positions and reasonable arguments may be difficult but....

You’ve yet to make a reasonable argument. What are you proposing? You’re claiming 45x per minute is too much. So it seems you’re proposing to ban almost all guns

The firing rate is based on the user. There’s an upper limit to this just like there’s an upper limit to how fast can a human run.

It would be possible to fire 45 shots in one minute with almost any gun. Is your plan to ban all of them?

What are you proposing?

I'm proposing limiting the availability of weapons that fire at a 'faster rate' as to be determined by our politicians.

'Trans Day of Vengeance' WILL go ahead at Supreme Court despite Nashville school trans shooter Audrey Hale killing six

• Trans Radical Activist Network to hold demonstration outside Supreme Court
An activist group is due to hold a 'Trans Day of Vengeance' demonstration outside the Supreme Court on Saturday, warning against 'astronomical amounts of hate from the world' and following the horrifying Nashville shooting which left seven dead on Monday.

The Trans Radical Activist Network (TRAN) will host the event in Washington D.C. from 31 March until 2 April, starting Friday and marching on the Supreme Court at 11am on Saturday. On their website they cite Gender Affirming care ban bills and the political climate as motives for the demonstration.

The upcoming protest was initially to be called the Trans Day of Visibility but rebranded as 'vengeance means fighting back with vehemence,' the group said.

'Trans Day of Vengeance' protest to go ahead on Saturday despite Nashville school shooting | Daily Mail Online

It’s hard to get through to people like you and luther who get hung up on fire rate. The fire rate is completely dependent on how fast someone can pull the trigger. There are factors on the gun that can make it easier but they don’t necessarily make the fire rate any greater.

You’ve yet to make a reasonable argument. What are you proposing? You’re claiming 45x per minute is too much. So it seems you’re proposing to ban almost all guns
Nope, did not propose that. Not discussing any specific rates. I am proposing that as a possible measure to include in the conversation.

VN Store

Back