Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

Good lord. Here's what we'll do. We'll look at the types of bullets, we'll look at high capacity magazines, we'll look at firing rates, and other measures to determine if there is a way to limit the lethality of weapons in the general public.

Yes, I know. Complete unreasonable.
Those have all been done

Does Gen Z have more mental health issues?

images

The younger generation has powered through a lot of upheaval in their short lives but it's taken a toll on their mental health. A new survey finds that an astounding 42 percent of those born between 1990 and 2010 – Gen Z – have been diagnosed with a mental health condition.Nov 9, 2022

THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS.

But what unique upheaval has the Gen Z population faced compared to other generations? We've all faced different stuff, but what is unique about Gen Z other than there seems to be a lot of confusion over what is considered normal. Maybe it's more societal because the rules keep changing, and Gen Z has a shifting foundation. After all, the rest of us knew what sex we were ... it's not that complicated ... really, but Gen Z seems to struggle with simple stuff like that.

These 2 questions need to be revised and a yes answer should trigger a deeper dive.

G. Should strike the "unlawful" prior to user
H. "are you currently under psychiatric care or have you been within the last 12 months" inserted at the beginning.

A yes to either shouldn't be an automatic disqualification but a deeper look into if we're going to have BGCs. But I've made it clear BGCs are pretty useless and should be done away with.

Not singling you out, lots of posters talking about it but I had to comment somewhere.
It's well-meaning but I disagree with this. Unless a person is/has been shown demonstrably violent or intending violence, so long as they know which end is the trigger and where the bullet exits, they have the same right as I do. This is why groups like ACLU (a disgraced organization that finds an acorn now and then) found themselves on the same sideline as the NRA against the Manchin-Toomey attempts. Of course the NRA was fighting along a different line and went on to throw psych patients under the bus.

Reagan is vilified by corrupt leftists as responsible for deinstitutionalization and thus the numbers of homeless, mentally-ill. Of course that's not true since the movement began decades before him spurred by the fact that Americans were literally being committed by malevolent intent and detained for interminable periods, who should have never been institutionalized. Psychiatric care does not mean you are dangerous, and certainly no more danger than the guy with no criminal history, no psych care but is an outwardly functioning but ticking time-bomb internally. Without unconstitutionally denying rights, we will never be able to anticipate anyone who murders or goes on a spree, except perhaps - maybe - those demonstrably violent or trending.

Let's be damned quick to the defense of rights, and damned ponderous to deny them.

Reactions: AM64 and 85SugarVol
As is every school shooter. Which is why we shouldn't be focused on genitals so much as how to prevent psychopaths from legally buying firearms.

If you can't figure the genitals part out, how can you figure out more complicated things? If you struggle with a binary choice, then how can you possible handle things with multiple choices? One would suppose that would lead to a lot of frustration, and people do tend to react negatively (often less than peacefully) to frustration.

Not singling you out, lots of posters talking about it but I had to comment somewhere.
It's well-meaning but I disagree with this. Unless a person is/has been shown demonstrably violent or intending violence, so long as they know which end is the trigger and where the bullet exits, they have the same right as I do. This is why groups like ACLU (a disgraced organization that finds an acorn now and then) found themselves on the same sideline as the NRA against the Manchin-Toomey attempts. Of course the NRA was fighting along a different line and went on to throw psych patients under the bus.

Reagan is vilified by corrupt leftists as responsible for deinstitutionalization and thus the numbers of homeless, mentally-ill. Of course that's not true since the movement began decades before him spurred by the fact that Americans were literally being committed by malevolent intent and detained for interminable periods, who should have never been institutionalized. Psychiatric care does not mean you are dangerous, and certainly no more danger than the guy with no criminal history, no psych care but is an outwardly functioning but ticking time-bomb internally. Without unconstitutionally denying rights, we will never be able to anticipate anyone who murders or goes on a spree, except perhaps - maybe - those demonstrably violent or trending.

Let's be damned quick to the defense of rights, and damned ponderous to deny them.
I don’t know if I agree with all of this. But I agree with the sentiment.

Lol.. the ar shoots one round per trigger pull, same as like any handgun carried.
What AR Has The Fastest Fire Rate?
Most modern rifles have a fire rate of about 300 rounds per minute (RPM). This means that, in one minute, you will shoot 300 rounds from your firearm.

The AR-15 is the most popular rifle worldwide and it can easily fire as many as 800 – 1200 RPM depending on the version of the gun, caliber, and trigger.

In contrast with the AR-15, AK-47 rifles have an average fire rate of about 700 RPM. The AK-47 is also a popular rifle used by militaries and law enforcement around the world

The AR-10 is a semi-automatic rifle that is similar to the AR-15. It has a lower rate of fire, which means you can expect it to shoot at around 330 RPM. The AR-308 is another recent semi-automatic rifle similar to the AR-15 and it has an average rate of fire of about 450 RPM.

Most modern rifles have a fire rate of about 300 rounds per minute (RPM). This means that, in one minute, you will shoot 300 rounds from your firearm.

The AR-15 is the most popular rifle worldwide and it can easily fire as many as 800 – 1200 RPM depending on the version of the gun, caliber, and trigger.

In contrast with the AR-15, AK-47 rifles have an average fire rate of about 700 RPM. The AK-47 is also a popular rifle used by militaries and law enforcement around the world

The AR-10 is a semi-automatic rifle that is similar to the AR-15. It has a lower rate of fire, which means you can expect it to shoot at around 330 RPM. The AR-308 is another recent semi-automatic rifle similar to the AR-15 and it has an average rate of fire of about 450 RPM.
Wanna provide the link?

How many people in the world can pull a trigger 20 times per second for a whole minute?

Your source is terrible

There is no one option to stop this madness but a bunch of keyboard warriors taking the side of one political party and following those party lines isn't working. We need the mature thinkers to come together from both sides and get those too dense to work with the other side out of the discussion for an actual solution. The solution is in the gray area and is a layered solution of many ideas that push us to actual change within the population.

Me mocking your stupidity has nothing to do with political party or party lines. Nor is there anything mature about government mandates on the amount of media you May consume.

Reactions: hog88
I love how you provided this standard and then gave 800-1200 rpm as your claim to AR fire rate. Not an average of x people firing the weapon, but rather a random number from the internet that no one has ever achieved
Hey, I just googled it and that's what came up. It just serves to prove that even the blindest among you can see the value in my proposal.

Hey, I just googled it and that's what came up. It just serves to prove that even the blindest among you can see the value in my proposal.

What exactly are you proposing we do with firing rate data? Especially given it will be almost exactly the same for all guns

Nope. That's been decided over and over again by the USSC. Sorry, not sorry.
Perhaps they should take another crack at it now that we actually have a few Supreme Court justices that do their job correctly and interpret the law as written rather than attempt to legislate from the bench.

Even if true the same person shooting all of those guns would shoot the same amount of rounds in a minute. You could throw on any semi automatic weapon for that matter.

VN Store

Back