Afghanistan

We need to close a number of our military bases around the world, let's start with Afghanistan and work through the alphabet. After every place in the middle east is closed I would jerk every man woman and child out of Germany and let those douche nozzles fend for themselves.

We need to close a number of our military bases around the world, let's start with Afghanistan and work through the alphabet. After every place in the middle east is closed I would jerk every man woman and child out of Germany and let those douche nozzles fend for themselves.

I would stay in places like Japan and South Korea who appreciate having us there and don't appear on the surface to be jerking us around.

I would stay in places like Japan and South Korea who appreciate having us there and don't appear on the surface to be jerking us around.
I don't have a problem if they pay for us to be there, otherwise we'll sell them a bunch of weapons at a profit and they can defend themselves.

We put restrictions on Japan.
Why? They are the strongest ally we have in the region. We should load them up with nukes like we have Israel. Do you think a bad actor like N Korea is going to launch a nuclear attack against Japan if they know they will get wiped out in exchange? It's the same as if we had troops there, the other team knows that if they hurt us they will be destroyed. We need to arm our allies and let them step up and bat for a change.

Why? They are the strongest ally we have in the region. We should load them up with nukes like we have Israel. Do you think a bad actor like N Korea is going to launch a nuclear attack against Japan if they know they will get wiped out in exchange? It's the same as if we had troops there, the other team knows that if they hurt us they will be destroyed. We need to arm our allies and let them step up and bat for a change.

That was always my Trump card in regards to NK and China.. Wouldn't you know it, the one nation to every get nuked and we would need them to accept nukes on their territory.

What's the over/under on how long it is until Republicans reverse their position (from the Trump administration) and start attacking Biden for taking U.S. troops out of Afghanistan?

What's the over/under on how long it is until Republicans reverse their position (from the Trump administration) and start attacking Biden for taking U.S. troops out of Afghanistan?

24 hours maybe.

213675028_10105813080976027_6846322764260073620_n.jpg

Reactions: FLVOL_79
24 hours maybe.

Depends on if they have defense contractors in their district or not.

But let's not be foolish in thinking Republicans are the only ones guilty of war mongering. It's become a trait of the left in recent memory as well.

I'll give Biden credit for actually making good on his promise. That's the only thing he's done so far that is praiseworthy.

Depends on when the Ds flip imo. Or vice versa. The polar opposites are never allowed to occupy the same space.

Or never occupied it to begin with?

Possibly. I never had a problem raining down holy hell on the Taliban/Al Quaeda. The 20 year occupation creates a multitude of moral conundrums for us. What to do about thousands of interpreters, their families and others friendly to the cause that remain in harms way in our absence? I do blame the new Afghan govt as well though. My gosh, we’ve held their hand for 20 years and they still can’t get it together enough to manage their own affairs without us. It’s past time to be done. I have no answers beyond that.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Possibly. I never had a problem raining down holy hell on the Taliban/Al Quaeda. The 20 year occupation creates a multitude of moral conundrums for us. What to do about thousands of interpreters, their families and others friendly to the cause that remain in harms way in our absence? I do blame the new Afghan govt as well though. My gosh, we’ve held their hand for 20 years and they still can’t get it together enough to manage their own affairs without us. It’s past time to be done. I have no answers beyond that.

I have no problem getting as many of the Afgans that worked with us out as want to get out, but we can't stay any longer.

Reactions: Vol737

20 years..Hard to believe. Not the outcome though. Just another boondoogle by our gov and so many lost lives and treasure. For nuttin

Reactions: Vol737 and hog88
I'm glad they're gone and I personally don't care what happens to that wasteland from here forward.

Every last female needs to do their best to get out of Afghanistan. You knew the Taliban would return to their old ways and gain control the second we left. I feel horrible for the women and young girls that held out hope and are still there. Sad situation.

Yeah the military probably orders them with the optional "no computer/green" upgrade so they don't have to have 14 cpu's working in concert to turn on the fuel pump.
I've never seen more raggedy a** junk still running than I did in Iraq. Granted they are all older cars but damn lol.

VN Store

Back