After the LSU loss, did anyone...

I was screaming and cheering pulling into Red Robin for dinner (date with the wifey). Then parked and starting walking when 2 LSU fans came out as we were going in yelling with their hands in the air. Needless to say.....my waitress did not recieve a tip. I was pissed.

No wonder there's a nasty thread about, Mr. Keith..
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Update- I did not leave a tip . My wife confirmed this. I will go back next time and double tip.

tried to explain as calmly as i could (i was screaming) to my girlfriend that i wasnt mad at her, just the rest of the world. She didnt take it well.

I went from jumping up and down going crazy to just laying on my bed and didn't move the rest of the day then had a bama fan text me needless to say I said some not so nice words to that person

My wife and I were at Chilis in Knoxville when it all went down. Most everyone that was there was pretty "in the moment." Then whole resturant that was at first extatic soon turned sour really fast. I couldn't finish my meal I felt sick.

Some great posts here. I've done a few crazy, ornery things after some losses myself; telling the toll booth attendant to "Go to hell." after he said "Good game to me." (we'd just blown the Notre Dame game in 2006) kind of ticked off my dad who was with me in the car. I wanted to tell dad he could "Go to hell" too!!

I'm sure it was a heartbreaker to say the least. I was going back and forth between your game and UCLA's and when I saw the QB bumble the snap I went crazy!! It was great to see the players and the coach celebrate. Then the flag, then the replay and then having to watch Les Miles on TV... I had to change the channel before I got sick. Les Miles is one of the most over-rated coaches in the country.

Keep the faith Vols. Big game for ya this weekend. We play at kal and haven't won there since '98.

GO BRUINS! GO VOLS!

Wow this thread really took off. I needed the laugh. I still have the cuts on my hands from picking up the shattered lightbulbs.

I was watching the game at my GF's parents' house and jumped up and down with joy when I thought we won, then as soon as the ref put the headphones on, I knew. I proceeded to throw the remote control across the room and punch a pillow so hard the stuffing started coming out.

I have managed a little more control over my actions after literally ripping a door out in my den. I mean hinges still attached to frame and door in about 6 pieces after the SECCG loss a few years back. I nearly destroyed or damaged half the doors/walls in my house during the last CPF led losing season. I then decided that being a UT fan was going to become extremely expensive for the foreseeable future if I didn't control my anger better.

I have gotten a lot better through conscious effort/restraint and age. However, that game Saturday made me feel so angry and disappointed that it was probably the closest I have come to reverting to my old, childish, infantile acting self.

Had to apologize to my GF, thankfully her parents weren't in the room during that fiasco so, no long term damage done.

Go Vols!

My wife, holding our newborn in hand and 5-year-old by my side, gave me a stern lecture at the 2 minute mark to keep it cool. She knew. She knew.
She knew that TN would blow it?
No. She knew that les miles would figure out a way to hand it to TN.
What she didn't know is that TN would figure out a way to give it back.
And that my friends, was the last lecture she gave me that fateful afternoon.

I had a party to go to earlier in the day, so I started watching about an hour behind on the DVR. Zipping through commercials and halftime, I was about 5 minutes behind real time by the end. When I thought we had won, I jumped around the room screaming, and finally read and responded to my buddy who had been texting me throughout the game. I sent something like "unbeeelieevable" thinking we had won. Paused the game to hit the head, and he texted me back "heartbreaker" before I had realized what had happened. I thought, "what the hell, did they steal this win from us?" and unpaused the game as the ref put on the headset. Proceeded to watch the disaster unfold and get depressed. I don't know if it was better or worse knowing what was about to happen.

I lit my double-wide on fire and the firemen who showed up reeking of corn dogs and who were obviously LSU fans refused to put it out. I lost every bucket of lightbulbs I ever saved. I did, however, tip the waitress at Denny's later that evening.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When we had won, I was on phone with my brother screaming my lungs out. Then midway through yelling, I saw the ref on the screen, and both my brother and I were completely silent. After LSU won, we hung up the phone, I went to Spice Rack and informed my server I was there to drink away my sorrows.... She said that she was a LSU fan and was ecstatic... Needless to say we didn't get along, and I also made enemies with Tequila that night too.

No anger here. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful game of which we played great. If you say anything different you're not a true fan or a troll.

WHAT????????
wonderful end. Hell no it wasn't wonderful. I am over the moral victories

Oh and you have to dumbest siggy on here, is that you as a kid.

Was working in the yard and had the game on tv/radio in the garage. After the snap past Jefferson I ran out of the garage screaming "VOLS WIN, VOLS WIN!!!". The illegals working on the house next door fell off their ladders and started running 'cause they heard "imagracion, imagracion!!!". Ran into the house still screaming right across my wife's moped floor, scattering the dust piles (reason she no longer goes to games with me), she wasn't as excited as I was. Then I heard the radio through an open window they were reviewing the play and we were returning to the field. The next thing I remember was pounding a six of yuengling and wandering around the yard mumbling and stomping on the flowers. You'd think after 54 years young I would have grown up. Not when it comes to my VOLS. GBO!
:mega_shok:

Last edited:
Lets just say me and my dad was jumpin around knocked each others hats off chest bumpin yellin runnin around everything then the heartbreak happened and i became automatically physically sick i threw the controllin and was punchin the couch in disbelief but ill still be on the couch rootin for my mighty vols this weekend to kick the SH*t outta georgia!!!!

Lets just say me and my dad was jumpin around knocked each others hats off chest bumpin yellin runnin around everything then the heartbreak happened and i became automatically physically sick i threw the controllin and was punchin the couch in disbelief but ill still be on the couch rootin for my mighty vols this weekend to kick the SH*t outta georgia!!!!

I hate those "controllirs". My kids break mine all the time. GBO.

VN Store

Back