Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

He's a potentially good player at a position of need. Even if you don't believe in due process, wouldn't you selfishly want to know of he's guilty before kicking him off the team?

No.

And I'll add that it's this mentality that has helped create a lot of this crap, IMO. High school players with talent and potential get away with stuff, academic and behavior, because they are somehow more special than Joe Schmoe in the same grade.

Messages get sent to young people that they aren't held to the same standards as others, and surprise, look what happens.

Reactions: 4 people
No.

And I'll add that it's this mentality that has helped create a lot of this crap, IMO. High school players with talent and potential get away with stuff, academic and behavior, because they are somehow more special than Joe Schmoe in the same grade.

Messages get sent to young people that they aren't held to the same standards as others, and surprise, look what happens.

so you wanna kick him off before knowing what even happened? makes zero sense.

No.

Preach.

There are more important things than football....honor, integrity, protecting a good name.

Everybody talks about no one person being bigger than the program....seems especially poignant right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Got killed for saying there might be a culture of sexual misconduct at UT with the athletics program yesterday. Still don't think we have seen the end. And no, I understand it's not just UT but to say we don't have issues with this is dumb

So this jerk has been here for what, a month or so now? And this UT culture has infected him? Sorry, not convinced.

I think it's a lot more likely that he brought it with him.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not a big fan of Cheek, either, but how in the world is this stuff his fault? I'm not even sure who the Chancellor was during my time at UT. But, I know with certainty that he had no bearing on my personal decisions/actions.

I don't see how this reflects on Hart either. Jones picked the guy, gave him a scholie, and he turned out to be a thug. He's in jail and off the team as he should be. If due diligence was done on him then no one is at fault but the stupid kid.

so you wanna kick him off before knowing what even happened? makes zero sense.

No, I was replying to the suggestion that because he's a player in a position of need, we stall it out a bit.

Everyone should get the same treatment, water boy to future playing-on-Sunday.

Reactions: 1 person
Mack isn't on the team, and was training in FL. He isn't even in school this semester. To somehow pin that incident on UT is reach.

Not a reach at all IMO. He's been out of the program for what, 6-7 weeks?....after being immersed in it for the last 5 years, including his fourth year in the program when he represented the team/program/university at SEC Media Days and was a team captain iirc. Nope, he's part of the overwhelming baggage that's killing our image right now.

Reactions: 2 people
Trayvon Paulk
AJ Johnson
Michael Williams
Jalen Hurd
Andrew Butcher
Charles Mosley
Von Pearson
Mack Crowder
Alexis Johnson

These are the ones we know about.....from underage drinking (not a big deal) to running around on I-40 drunk, to getting busted for marijuana, to physical assault, to awaiting trial for aggravated rape, to being accused of sexual assault (thankfully being vindicated and not charged), to "pedophilia", to aggravated assault and false imprisonment.....wth is going on with this damn program?!?!?

Building up to championship level.

Reactions: 2 people
I am really confused by the non-stranger part of the email. Now that there is buzz on Twitter from Wes R that the two had a prior history and the two were "play fighting" before, my only conclusion is that this one may get ugly/complicated

I don't see how this reflects on Hart either. Jones picked the guy, gave him a scholie, and he turned out to be a thug. He's in jail and off the team as he should be. If due diligence was done on him then no one is at fault but the stupid kid.

Fire Hart. Fire Cheek. Fahr Hart. Fahr Cheek. Fire Hart. Fire Cheek.

It's kinda funny scrolling through this thread and reading the various knee-jerking. Nobody wants to type out the most obvious knee jerk reaction of them all ...

Fahr B---- :p

🎼"I said it's embarrassing...to be....a Tenn-e-ssee Vol-un-teer"..... it's embarrassing .... to be....."

So be embarrassed...

I'll never be embarrassed to be a Vol and will always be proud of my school. There are 80 something other young men on this team doing it right.

Reactions: 4 people
so this was who we were counting on for depth at DT and he didn't even last a month or so.... if he is gone, we are low in numbers now at DT ...@#&%$

so this was who we were counting on for depth at DT and he didn't even last a month or so.... if he is gone, we are low in numbers now at DT ...@#&%$

Welp, better fast-track Picou on the strength and conditioning/nutrition plan and put about 25lbs on this kid before August.

Thank goodness we still have O'Brien and Vickers. Is there any real chance that Bain can provide true depth at the position?

CBJ will hear from the police, probably Johnson and maybe the girl but if what is written is true, he's gone.

Obrien, Vickers, Tuttle, KM, Mixon and Picou.

Fire Hart. Fire Cheek. Fahr Hart. Fahr Cheek. Fire Hart. Fire Cheek.

It's kinda funny scrolling through this thread and reading the various knee-jerking. Nobody wants to type out the most obvious knee jerk reaction of them all ...

Fahr B---- :p

heh No way I'd type the rest of that out.

Fahr the chaplain!

CBJ will hear from the police, probably Johnson and maybe the girl but if what is written is true, he's gone.

Obrien, Vickers, Tuttle, KM, Mixon and Picou.

Cbj has no right to hear from the girl

If he tries to speak to her that
Would be a huge problem

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back