Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

Guess my reading comprehension skills are lacking then as that's not what I (and apparently several others) understood your posts to communicate.

I admit that I didn't make it clear in retrospect but I in no way intended or stated its the university/coaches fault. That was inferred/assumed from my statements because it's not a popular opinion to think we have an issue with sexual misconduct. I was told by a mother of a female student today when applying to UT it had one of the higher numbers of sexual assault amoungst major universities. I am currently looking for data to support/discredit this claim

Not a reach at all IMO. He's been out of the program for what, 6-7 weeks?....after being immersed in it for the last 5 years, including his fourth year in the program when he represented the team/program/university at SEC Media Days and was a team captain iirc. Nope, he's part of the overwhelming baggage that's killing our image right now.

KB, I don't think you can have it both ways - saying Crowder's actions were a part of the culture because he was here for 5 years but also saying Johnson's were a part of it, when he just got here.

If the accusations against Crowder are true, he is just a sick f***, and no amount of culture would encourage or support that.

Reactions: 4 people
Just an absolutely stellar sutuation. The 2016 class was already a little lackluster. What a way to start the year for the Vols!

I am really confused by the non-stranger part of the email. Now that there is buzz on Twitter from Wes R that the two had a prior history and the two were "play fighting" before, my only conclusion is that this one may get ugly/complicated

It stated in the police report that they had sex in the past.

Not a reach at all IMO. He's been out of the program for what, 6-7 weeks?....after being immersed in it for the last 5 years, including his fourth year in the program when he represented the team/program/university at SEC Media Days and was a team captain iirc. Nope, he's part of the overwhelming baggage that's killing our image right now.

He is an ex player. I really dont see how he is killing our image now. Now Johnson on the other hand...

Reactions: 1 person
KB, I don't think you can have it both ways - saying Crowder's actions were a part of the culture because he was here for 5 years but also saying Johnson's were a part of it, when he just got here.

If the accusations against Crowder are true, he is just a sick f***, and no amount of culture would encourage or support that.

I'm not trying to have it both ways. The poster I responded to said that Crowder is no longer apart of the program and therefore it shouldn't reflect on Tennessee. I disagreed with my post.

If Alexis Johnson is guilty, he's a bad seed, needs to be gone, and 6 weeks with the program certainly had no effect on his actions, so I feel like I'm being consistent there.....but I don't see how anyone can say Tennessee isn't gonna be damaged by Crowder's actions after him having spent the last 5 years here and doing what he just did....its just reality.

Sad to say, but this is the environment society has created when it comes to coddling. Kids grow up in an environment where there is no punishment for wrongdoing, everything is the fault of something else, whether it's race, social status, gender. Never the fault of the individual

It's just going to get worse before it gets better. Until society decides that political correctness is at the center of the problem and start calling as we see it, we will see more people that can't function in a civilized society

Reactions: 9 people
He is an ex player. I really dont see how he is killing our image now. Now Johnson on the other hand...

Really? Get your head out of your arse. What are the headlines right now regarding Crowder? Here, let me help.....

Ex-Tennessee player Mack Crowder faces charges in Florida sex sting

Former Tennessee OL Mack Crowder arrested in child sex sting | SI.com

Former Tennessee Lineman Mack Crowder Arrested in Child Sex Sting | The Big Lead

Former Tennessee Volunteers OL Mack Crowder arrested on 5 felony charges in Florida

What's the common descriptor that each of these four publications/media outlets uses? Do you see the word Tennessee anywhere? He's an "ex-player" for what, 7 weeks?.....after being in the program for 5 full years.

Reactions: 2 people
Sad to say, but this is the environment society has created when it comes to coddling. Kids grow up in an environment where there is no punishment for wrongdoing, everything is the fault of something else, whether it's race, social status, gender. Never the fault of the individual

It's just going to get worse before it gets better. Until society decides that political correctness is at the center of the problem and start calling as we see it, we will see more people that can't function in a civilized society

Preach

I'm not trying to have it both ways. The poster I responded to said that Crowder is no longer apart of the program and therefore it shouldn't reflect on Tennessee. I disagreed with my post.

If Alexis Johnson is guilty, he's a bad seed, needs to be gone, and 6 weeks with the program certainly had no effect on his actions, so I feel like I'm being consistent there.....but I don't see how anyone can say Tennessee isn't gonna be damaged by Crowder's actions after him having spent the last 5 years here and doing what he just did....its just reality.

This is true. It should not effect UT's image but it will be correlated due to the timing.

Reactions: 1 person

Well said sir!

Hit the nail on the head.

I am thrilled that I decided to cancel cable until September 1st........

This stuff is terrible for everyone involved. Unfortunately, even though Butch seems to be doing everything right he will get blamed if this continues.....

I saw somewhere where this was some type of sexual role playing,
Maybe it got out of hand, IDK... But I'll reserve judgment till after the facts come out.
This is totally different than the Crowder situation though.

I know the media is going to get a hold of this and twist it in any way possible to expound on the negative attention we have had in the last week which is sad. To say that this incident is a reflection of the program that Butch is running is crazy. This kid has been on campus for a little over a month, I don't know if anyone has been transplanted into a newer area in their life but from my experiences with that I have found that it takes several months if not half a year to be fully integrated and influenced by that culture. Also in the time that he has been there I'm sure Butch has had several teaching lessons to point out what the consequences of your actions can be.

The systems and culture are there to show these impressionable young men how to act and how to behave. It's then up to them how they take the lessons learned and apply them. This kid obviously has let the lessons go in one ear, out the other and not apply what's being discussed.

It's called personal accountability young man and I hope you learn from it.

Really? Get your head out of your arse. What are the headlines right now regarding Crowder? Here, let me help.....

Ex-Tennessee player Mack Crowder faces charges in Florida sex sting

Former Tennessee OL Mack Crowder arrested in child sex sting | SI.com

Former Tennessee Lineman Mack Crowder Arrested in Child Sex Sting | The Big Lead

Former Tennessee Volunteers OL Mack Crowder arrested on 5 felony charges in Florida

What's the common descriptor that each of these four publications/media outlets uses? Do you see the word Tennessee anywhere? He's an "ex-player" for what, 7 weeks?.....after being in the program for 5 full years.

I guess you seem to overlook the fact that these articles say "former" and "ex" player but whatever. The fact is he is not a current player. Now if you want to talk about Alexis then thats a different story. But hey, freak out if you want.

Reactions: 2 people
I am thrilled that I decided to cancel cable until September 1st........

This stuff is terrible for everyone involved. Unfortunately, even though Butch seems to be doing everything right he will get blamed if this continues.....

Yep. Its always the coaches fault. Players cannot be blamed for anything, especially here at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back