Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

As a female, being blocked in is terrifying. An argument should always be fair. A man using his size to control an argument in any way is abuse. So, maybe you should be in jail. . .

a woman using the fact that she is a "helpless" female to call the authorities to report a false claim is just as terrifying. I do not condone abusing or raping women, but a lot of these women know that they can get away with most anything if they shed some crocodile tears and act fearful of a man. I've seen it enough in my lifetime. Most times when the police come, someone is going to jail. Most times, that someone is the man.

Reactions: 6 people
a woman using the fact that she is a "helpless" female to call the authorities to report a false claim is just as terrifying. I do not condone abusing or raping women, but a lot of these women know that they can get away with most anything if they shed some crocodile tears and act fearful of a man. I've seen it enough in my lifetime. Most times when the police come, someone is going to jail. Most times, that someone is the man.

Dude, kindly STFU. This is the kind of post that makes us ALL look bad.

Reactions: 5 people

6'4" & 265 lbs > 5'5" & 115 lbs....no further argument needed.

Jock-chaser or not....there are ways for these situations to be avoided, and it starts with the players themselves.

Reactions: 5 people
Dude, kindly STFU. This is the kind of post that makes us ALL look bad.

People file false claims all the time. If Johnson is guilty, I want him gone just like everyone else. People are assuming he is guilty, just like people assumed Von was guilty, and any other man that is accused of sexual battery.

Reactions: 3 people
6'4" & 265 lbs > 5'5" & 115 lbs....no further argument needed.

Jock-chaser or not....there are ways for these situations to be avoided, and it starts with the players themselves.

True, but to ask a 18,19,20 year old young adult not to date or hook up or whatever these kids call it these days, is unreasonable. It's not like UT has a dating service for the football players.

I would honestly like to know the ratio for athletes versus the regular student body that gets accused of some sort of sexual or domestic crime.

And I promise, if this is another white female that is accusing him of this, I am done.

Reactions: 1 person

My response was directed to a person admitting he had blocked in a female. I wanted him to know that it shouldn't happen and is abuse. My comment was not directed toward Alexis Johnson, as I will await the details before forming a conclusion. I am all for giving the accused the benefit of doubt. Go through my past posts on Pearson or AJ.

Please elaborate why that was an illogical, ignorant conclusion. Do you think the program suffers no pr damage, no loss of reputation when Tennessee's program is constantly referenced when Mack Crowder, when Alexis Johnson, when the title IX lawsuit are discussed in the media ad nauseum?

Didn't say there wouldn't be 'PR' fallout from this crap.

I just happen to be of the opinion that to link the terrible behavior of a small percentage of idiots to others they have relationships through the University or the University itself is based in ignorance..

But... That's what people do on a regular basis.. People as a whole are not very reasonable, tend to be judgemental and irrational.. Ample evidence of this on VolNation..

True, but to ask a 18,19,20 year old young adult not to date or hook up or whatever these kids call it these days, is unreasonable. It's not like UT has a dating service for the football players.

I would honestly like to know the ratio for athletes versus the regular student body that gets accused of some sort of sexual or domestic crime.

And I promise, if this is another white female that is accusing him of this, I am done.

Done what....defending this behavior? Good.

Look....I know this stuff goes on, and I know jock-chasers put these guys in bad spots. But, for 3-5 years these players have to be better than the average student....they hold the reputation of an entire University in their hands. Sorry....it's the price of admission for gridiron glory. They have to be better than this....at the very least behave while we're splashed all over every sports media outlet in the country.

Many are defending the indefensible because of football.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Everyone needs to apply some brakes here. Just because the allegations are serious doesn't make them true. It's time for a little patience. Make your statements after the facts are presented. This instant judgement is a sign of the frustration permeating thru our society.

My response was directed to a person admitting he had blocked in a female. I wanted him to know that it shouldn't happen and is abuse. My comment was not directed toward Alexis Johnson, as I will await the details before forming a conclusion. I am all for giving the accused the benefit of doubt. Go through my past posts on Pearson or AJ.

my apologies...

I must be the only one that has complicated relationships....I think he was saying he probably did that with someone that he had a long term connection with.

Look....I know this stuff goes on, and I know jock-chasers put these guys in bad spots. But, for 3-5 years these players have to be better than the average student....they hold the reputation of an entire University in their hands. Sorry....it's the price of admission for gridiron glory. They have to be better than this....at the very least behave while we're splashed all over every sports media outlet in the country.

Many are defending the undefensible because of football.

He is a person first and foremost. In this instance, football is secondary. He is innocent until proven guilty.

Many are defending the indefensible because of football.

A player has to be better than to sexually or physically assault someone but he also needs to live a normal life. It could happen to any one of us....if he is guilty kick him out of the university and put him in jail. If the woman is making false or exaggerated claims then she should suffer consequences and Alexis should be welcomed back with open arms. The University will be fine and this will pass in time.

Everyone needs to apply some brakes here. Just because the allegations are serious doesn't make them true. It's time for a little patience. Make your statements after the facts are presented. This instant judgement is a sign of the frustration permeating thru our society.

Agreed. He should be suspended from all team activities until the investigation is complete.

He is a person first and foremost. In this instance, football is secondary. He is innocent until proven guilty.

I agree with you.....you've not seen me condemn the young man, only defend the word of the young woman. I've never accused him of sexual assault, only pointed out that keeping her from leaving is an egregious act if it was committed.

But many here simply want it to go away, or immediately want to impugn the young woman. These guys have to stop putting themselves in situations that have the potential of turning bad. At some point, the program has to be more important.

But, for 3-5 years these players have to be better than the average student

No they don't. Just be decent human beings who don't beat up others, assault women or chase middle schoolers. The average student has zero issues living up to those standards

In a court of law. That's the only place it applies

Reactions: 3 people
A player has to be better than to sexually or physically assault someone but he also needs to live a normal life. It could happen to any one of us.... if he is guilty kick him out of the university and put him in jail. If the woman is making false or exaggerated claims then she should suffer consequences and Alexis should be welcomed back with open arms. The University will be fine and this will pass in time.

Really? You are saying that every member of VN (presumably male, but why not both) could find himself/ herself nearly strangling a partner, trying to force him/her to have sex, and then refusing to let him/her leave?

Really? :no:

Reactions: 4 people
No they don't. Just be decent human beings who don't beat up others, assault women or chase middle schoolers. The average student has zero issues living up to those standards

In a court of law. That's the only place it applies

I think you and I agree PJ....you just said it better. But because of the magnifying glass they are under, and the effect it has on the program, institution, student body, and even the state they need to be more careful where they put themselves. In the student-athlete/ institution relationship each party gives equally....and they each need to look out for each other.

Why dont you wait for the details before you crucify this kid.

What? Details? Who needs any details? Its in the paper. That's all the details you need. Hang'em High Tennessee.....home sweet home to me. Good ole Hang'em High, Hang'em High Tennessee!

Im not trying to defend Johnson. It sounds pretty bad but there are always two sides to a story and truth is usually in the middle. I have defended some of the other players cause I bothered to read the police reports and some of the witness testimony that warranted their defense. No one in the media bothers to read anything except what they want to read and that is what they place their opinion on which, unfortunately, many of us accept as fact.

If BJ finds out much of the story written is true, I suspect MJ is gone, and gone for good. JMO

VN Store

Back