Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

My guess is CBS/NBC/CBS/MSNBC and others will be carrying this story Thursday morning 2/18/2016. It just keeps getting worse-so many predicting we'll whip bama and win the SEC this year-hope this doesn't change that.

Exactly. Cut this guy immediately and institute a (publicly stated) zero tolerance policy for the rest of the team. We must demonstrate institutional control moving forward or recruiting will be the least of our worries.

I too agree 100%. Great post! Deserves to be put up again. If your suggestion isn't instituted (or something very close to it)-our program is going to be seeing dark days ahead. Who knows, title IX stuff, NCAA stuff, recruiting problems (big time) not to mention a loss in general student population. We need to stop this train in its track-right now.

Totally not the same thing I was asking about. However, why in the world are you out at 3 am? Nothing good happens at 3 am and being out. Just call me an old fart.

Jacket. I'm an old fart myself. I heard that same admonition many, many ,many years ago from the old fart that raised me. Seems it needs to be published and put in the student folder at UT. Maybe I am too old, but I never knew choking was a part of foreplay. IF I tried it, I'd probably wake up in the morning with something missing down below.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Went to front page of Deadspin just trying to avoid ESPN Manning stuff. So let's see 'Tennessee player... strangles... grope.. etc. WTF man ..

tumblr_inline_nvf2neSatt1qeb1iy_500.gif

Reactions: 4 people
My 1500 post on volnation and it's literally not a happy one. What in the hell is going on??? My god!

Reactions: 2 people
My guess is CBS/NBC/CBS/MSNBC and others will be carrying this story Thursday morning 2/18/2016. It just keeps getting worse-so many predicting we'll whip bama and win the SEC this year-hope this doesn't change that.

Let's try to have our team stop committing felonies. Then let's worry about fooze ball. Baby steps...

There's going to be so much backlash from all this. On the field (BAD BAD DT depth) and off the field (publicity)

Last edited:
"According to arrest records, a female victim told police she was at Johnson’s apartment around 3 a.m. on February 14. She said she had dated and had sexual encounters with him in the past.

The victim said she and Johnson were “play fighting” and things escalated and he tried to choke her, saying she almost passed out. She also said Johnson tried to touch and kiss her, despite her repeated statements that she did not want to have sex.

Eventually, according to the report, the victim says Johnson blocked the bedroom door, keeping her from exiting and threatening physical violence."

Vols football player arrested on aggravated assault, false imprisonment charges | WATE 6 On Your Side

"Nothing good happens after 2 A.M."

What in the hell are these young men thinking!? Its really ashame to see how some of these young men treat women these days. I cant believe that Johnson would risk throwing his FB scholarship away just to touch and man handle a young lady. Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He's a potentially good player at a position of need. Even if you don't believe in due process, wouldn't you selfishly want to know of he's guilty before kicking him off the team?

What does this have to do with innocence or guilt? Are you saying if it was just some scrub, throw them to the wolves and be done with it? If he's guilty, then kick him off the team. Right now, you suspend him from the team pending the results of the investigation, but his ability as a player has zero to do with whether he should stay or go. I don't care if it's Jalen Hurd. If the player is guilty, he has no place on the team. Ability does not mean you get to run free of the law.

Reactions: 12 people
"Previous sexual encounters" + play fighting at 3am + alcohol =huge fight.

Alex tries to calm her down and instead sexually assaulted her.

The higher ups at UT are mostly terrible. We've all pretty much known it for a while. Maybe this gives UT the opportunity to clean house and really get some people in who will not make the university a national embarrassment.

Do you seriously think that anyone in the administration can control 24 by 7 the actions of every student on a university campus?

I don't know if there's ever been a string of sexual related issues pop up within a weeks time affecting past, recent present, and future players for a single program in the history of sports.. Bad bad look. Butch needs to take control of this ****.

I think the problem is that most will not recognize that some of these occurred years ago and not this week.

If 99% of us were arrested for a felony we would absolutely get fired. You really think your boss is going to wait for an entire trial? If they have the evidence to arrest you you can almost guarantee you're gone, especially for a felony like this.

This is not as clear cut as you think. If you fire someone because they got arrested and then later they are proven innocent - you can bet you will get sued for wrongful firing.

If you commit the felony while at work - yes - very clear cut.

VN Store

Back