All 5 Uniform Combos for the year!

Fav Uni

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why can't we vote for the worst one?

Which is the Gray. That one is awful.
The all white is my favorite. Adding the power T on the pants would be great.
Home needs to always be Orange jersey and white pants.
The all orange is terrible looks like Clemson.

"What the crap is the band doing? They are forming a "T" for the players to run onto the field through. That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. That Florida guy Dickey has got to show more respect to the Tennessee tradition! First it was that stupid Checkerboard in the end zones now this!"
Probably said by several Tennessee fans on September 25, 1965 at the start of the game vs. Army!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
"The great thing here at Tennessee is we do have tradition but also you know you look at any great company, any great organization there always staying ahead of the times, they're always embracing change and change is difficult," said Jones.

As a 40 something UT alum, I like the new uni's and if it helps in recruiting then that is a bonus. We have to grow, evolve, embrace change, and create new traditions. The old traditions were new once and probably very radical at the time.

Do you think the old farts of the 1950's were on board with Rocky Top when they first heard it? Doubtful.
Sorta doubtful since the song was written in 1967.

They lose every time they wear white top with orange bottom. Scratch that combo forever!!!!!

Considering the fact that white jerseys and orange pants are a ROAD uniform, it is not surprising that we have a lower winning percentage when wearing them. However, beware such absolutist statements. A few notable exceptions to this assertion would include the following:

1980 Auburn game (42-0). See Vols Blast Auburn 42-0 in 1980 - YouTube

1983 Alabama game. See 1983 Tennessee 41 Alabama 34 - 2nd Half (PPV) - YouTube

1985 Alabama game. See 1985 Tennessee 16 Alabama 14 in Birmingham (TBS) - YouTube

1989 UCLA game (Debut of Cobb-Webb tandem). See 1989 Tennessee vs. UCLA (Video 1 - Pay Per View) - YouTube

1989 LSU game. See 1989 Tennessee 45 LSU 39 - YouTube

1990 Cotton Bowl (Webb runs wild against Arkansas). See 1990 Cotton Bowl -CBS-Video 1 - Tennessee vs. Arkansas - YouTube

1991 Notre Dame game ("Miracle at South Bend"). See 1991 MIracle at South Bend (Tenn 35 Notre Dame 34) - YouTube

That doesn't include the host of road games played during that period against Vandy, Kentucky, and other lightweight SEC programs or opponents of similar caliber that we played during that period. When you consider that Fulmer flat out did not like orange pants, we have very few instances from his era to add to this list of games won when we wore white jerseys and orange pants.

I hope that this will put to rest all nonsensical assertions which doom us to defeat when we wear specific uniform combinations. Unfortunately, I am certain that even incontrovertible evidence will not be accepted by people who are predisposed to dislike specific uniforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Said smoky cause its new and exciting. Wish they had put the power T on the all white. All white is right up there with the smoky to me.

I like them a lot, but that shade of orange looks closer to Texas than before. Maybe it's the lighting.

holy crap, Butch Jones came up with a VERY traditional but new look on us AN ALTERNATE uniform, and there are already people jumping ship... I was reading on the poll question on GoVOLSxtra.com the comments, and holy crap... you people wonder why coaches jump ship and leave, and why top teir commentments dont want to come here... well that is why!! WE as a fan base SUCK!! yea there are about 60% of us who are die-hards that no matter what, we love our VOLS and wouldnt care if they played in pink thongs, as long as we got to watch them (sorry for the visual btw)... WE ARE TENNESSEE.. and YES orange and white are our colors, and YES we have a long list of traditions that never need to be touched, BUT we do need to keep things fun, fresh, and exciting... and having an ALTERNATE uni to wear for ONE game against an opponent is not selling out... the freekin color is named after our Freekin Mascot!! look, i know i am rambling on and on just cause im pissed, but come on people, Butch Jones is a good coach who is trying to please the young fans, the recruits, the traditionalist, the team, and Joe Vol Fan... and i think he did a DAM good job of it

now whether it is your favorite jersey ever or you absolutely despise it.. support the coach who came here for US, and at least respect the job he is doing...

NOW, letS go VOLS.. GBO

Reactions: 10 people
I got skewered on here recently when I said we need to update our unis cause the young guys we are trying to recruit want to look good and it would help with recruiting of those 4 and 5 star players we covet so much. Seeing the reaction of the players today and hearing that the recruits are calling and tweeting their love for the new "smokey" unis let's me know Butch gets it and obviously is so much smarter than the average Vol Nation poster. Go Butch, Go. Butch slap those nattering nabobs of negativity and show these folks that traditions have to start somewhere and if those great players come, it won't matter if they play nekked

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Posted this in one of the other multiple uniform threads. I like the new smokey uniforms, but would prefer the orange bottom with smokey top just to highlight a little more orange. jmo... but I think the combination looks better than the full smoke grey uniform.

attachment.php

Reactions: 2 people
Posted this in one of the other multiple uniform threads. I like the new smokey uniforms, but would prefer the orange bottom with smokey top just to highlight a little more orange. jmo... but I think the combination looks better than the full smoke grey uniform.

attachment.php

I would like to see either that or orange over gray.

Smoke Grey is in fact an official school color and one of the reasons they used it. Might want to do some research before spouting off and crying online.

Whether its an official color or not, these still look like Oregon clown suits. You don't see other great top traditional programs like Bama, LSU, Oklahoma. USC, and Ohio State embarrassing themselves with crap like this. We shouldn't have to resort to stupid crap like this in order to recruit.

im about to be crucified.

guise im happy for the team, coaches and university. i hope the unis go over well.

but gawd i loved the old combinations. i hate to say it man, i know u guys are excited. those old unis were ****ing sweet.

It's a new day at Tennessee folks. Change or die.
If the kids like it, I'm all for it. They have to wear them, we just sit in the stands.

Go Vols!

The fans pay the bills. Without the fans there is no program. The fans should get to decide. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You can't improve on the combo of orange and white, period. As for recruiting, there is no reason we have to embarrass ourselves like Oregon in order to recruit. Bama, LSU, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, and Ohio State don't have to stoop to this crap in order to recruit and neither should we. This kind of gimmick crap is for the nobody's like Oregon, Okie State, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, and other former Big East teams. We're better than that. This is a cheap Cincinnati move on Butch's part. First real mistake he has made.

VN Store

Back