Amateur Hour Continues

I guess that should be answered on a case by case basis. I definitely don't think they should all be remembered, but Robert E Lee should definitely be remembered. He should be remembered for his career, his intellect, his diplomacy, and I think he should be recognized as a civil rights hero. This is lost in history, because he opposed the federal government, but he encouraged the confederacy to free the slaves. To him, the war had absolutely nothing to do with slavery. He freed his own slaves, before the emancipation proclamation. His army paid black soldiers equal to whites and they marched together. This was not the case in the Union. After the war, a freedman came to his episcopalian church and went up front to take the sacrament and it froze the congregation. Lee followed him and took the sacrament by his side, setting the precedent that this was OK. He also stopped a lynch mob from hanging a black man accused of rape. None of this is common knowledge because it doesn't fit the narrative, and then the people are appalled by the idea of remembering him.
I meant why should they be remembered with monuments in the town square.

And the notion that Lee quietly supported racial equality is silly. He was the commander in an army whose entire purpose was to maintain slavery, whether he had slaves or not.

And the notion that Lee quietly supported racial equality is silly. He was the commander in an army whose entire purpose was to maintain slavery, whether he had slaves or not.
And likewise if Lee was such an amoral waste case why would Lincoln offer Lee command of the Union army.

stick to drive by tweets.

The "entire purpose" was to run an occupying army out of their country.

Don’t put facts in here. Facts are not allowed!!! We need to change all these history books with all these facts.
I mean it’s idiotic. Where in the hell could he think the officer Corps of the Confederate Army came from. Lee served in the US army for around 25 years before resigning his commission and taking command of the army of Virginia.

I mean it’s idiotic. Where in the hell could he think the officer Corps of the Confederate Army came from. Lee served in the US army for around 25 years before resigning his commission and taking command of the army of Virginia.

Lol

But, but, but!!???

They obviously came straight out of the cotton fields, after whipping their slaves to within an inch of their lives.

VN Store

Back