And you guys really put blind faith in Fauci?

imo propaganda and intelligence agencies are a wash. They do their thing, and we do ours. The truth is both are pretty scummy and our guys have forgotten what they were meant to be.

Russian disinformation actually seems to be working pretty well on the right wing.

The Soviets and now the Russians have always been fairly effective around the world with disinformation campaigns.
If they were so effective with misinformation and propaganda back then, they sure have lost their touch with it now. They are badly loosing the information war on every front in the Western media. I can't think of a Russian version of Edward Bernays or Joseph Goebbels from the Soviet period or today.

I would really like to converse with those who put their trust in Fauci back then.

I don't want to hit them with a "gotcha". But I do want to understand how they think now compared to then. If they are still following new developments or if they checked out once the pandemic was in the rear view mirror.

Have you joined the anti-Fauci camp?
I think Huner offered a bad premise.
Firstly, anti Fauci is the wrong judgement. I am not anti Fauci because I don't know the man. I am anti: lying bureaucrats, power without accountability, GoF research in insecure countries/labs, attacking disagreements as anti science rather than healthy skepticism, and exclusion of team members who disagree with the leader.
Secondly, his post offers that those opposed to Fauci (or his position of power or how he uses his power) are opposed to evidence-based options for healthcare. I think it is more accurate to assert those who distrust government, distrust recommendations from government officials when it appears other views are shut down based on opinion rather than fact.
Lastly, his post misses what I think is the most incriminating aspect of all which is this; it appears the CDC got into a political relationship with the largest pharmaceutical corporations to guarantee gargantuan profits. I don't want a corporation which provides products with side effects to have blank check to create a product which will be aggressively promoted by the government.

This is all I'm going to say about it: Wearing a mask and social distancing was far better advice than in some way injecting disinfectant and shining a bright light on it.

This is all I'm going to say about it: Wearing a mask and social distancing was far better advice than in some way injecting disinfectant and shining a bright light on it.
That is an extremely narrow band on a broad and complex subject. It doesn't matter to me what you choose to retain as a "take home" from the 2 years of Covid, though.

Would it be fair to say you do not have interest in the facts of the (Fauci) events now or perhaps didn't care about the facts at all?

Just to be clear at no point did anyone advise people to do that, so great job at defeating your self created strawman

That is an extremely narrow band on a broad and complex subject. It doesn't matter to me what you choose to retain as a "take home" from the 2 years of Covid, though.

Would it be fair to say you do not have interest in the facts of the (Fauci) events now or perhaps didn't care about the facts at all?

OK, I mean it this time. This is all I'm going to say about it: I have little interest in talking right/left politics anymore. The ball is not moving in either direction. and it's the same **** day in and day out. The last time I saw a news broadcast or an opinion broadcaster Rudy had shoe polish running down his face. You can find me pretty regularly in the Ukrainian war thread but not so much here. I wouldn't be her now but I answered a question from a comment I made a very long time ago. Caio

Whatever happened to double masking? Fauci went from no mask, to one mask, and then for like a week it was “double mask”, and then back to single mask.

Reactions: StarRaider
OK, I mean it this time. This is all I'm going to say about it: I have little interest in talking right/left politics anymore. The ball is not moving in either direction. and it's the same **** day in and day out. The last time I saw a news broadcast or an opinion broadcaster Rudy had shoe polish running down his face. You can find me pretty regularly in the Ukrainian war thread but not so much here. I wouldn't be her now but I answered a question from a comment I made a very long time ago. Caio
I know you won't reply but I haven't asked you anything related to right or left (R and D) politics. Quite frankly, I don't care about most of the political discussions here, either. I don't know how you could objectively even input a political angle to my questions to be honest.
I am much more interested in why you (or anyone) would trust a government bureaucrat, if those who trust them ever follow the developments which are usually discovered years later, and if those developments reset a tendency to put trust in a bureaucrat.

If you won't answer, maybe others will.

And, during that evolution, he (or the CDC) also took a pass on advising masks for people during public protests.

It was the biggest virtue signal of our lifetimes. Half my coworkers just showed up with 2 masks on after he talked about that. And I was really excited to see how far they were willing to go. I was hoping for triple masking.

VN Store

Back