Another start to the school year, another shooting; nothing will change

I named 2 earlier where that made no difference. I'd bet good money this kid is on multiple meds that replace the parenting
Probably true, but how do you address it? We can't make parents actually parent.

I'm thinking along the line of some sort of overwhelming deterrent for even a half crazy person to rethink doing something like this. Again, I don't have answers, other than clear, competent, and unmitigated force situated at every school. But even then, I'm reading about this and from all accounts the officer responded like he should have and 4 people still died with 9 wounded.

I'm more and more thinking well trained and concealed armed teachers are the answer, in addition to the SRO.

Mostly, I just don't get why people do these things. It's the definition of senseless.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Man, I Hope we don’t start singling our kids for their names 😳

My child is absolutely aware that its not Ok to make fun of other children's names. Whether her father is tasteless enough to try for a cheap laugh on a message board is another story.

What’s baffling? How many other kids lives were saved by someone with a gun?
Which circles me back to my first point. Fighting guns with more guns is an absurd solution. We wouldn’t need them in the first place if they weren’t so easily attainable. No need to save the children from something that isn’t there. Politicians and the NRA have you all brainwashed. The propaganda machine is doing its job and filling their pockets with billions while our children die. But hey enjoy your guns!

Probably true, but how do you address it? We can't make parents actually parent.

I'm thinking along the line of some sort of overwhelming deterrent for even a half crazy person to rethink doing something like this. Again, I don't have answers, other than clear, competent, and unmitigated force situated at every school. But even then, I'm reading about this and from all accounts the officer responded like he should have and 4 people still died with 9 wounded.

I'm more and more thinking well trained and concealed armed teachers are the answer, in addition to the SRO.

Mostly, I just don't get why people do these things. It's the definition of senseless.
We have armed teachers on my kids campus as well as an officer. Given our sheriff I don't doubt they will act.

Parents are relying on drugs and screens. We can absolutely control access to one of those with rougher regs on prescriptions to minors. Holding parents fully liable is another

This issue is beyond fixing in this country truthfully. Everyone’s too brainwashed. Propaganda machine did exactly what it was intended to do
Then what is this cognitive dissonance you keep referring to? It is what it is at this point, so how do you solve it without taking guns?

Just part of American culture and the gun obsession in this country. Want proof of the obsession? Look no further than the responses in this thread. More guns more gun violence, less guns less gun violence it’s not rocket science. But hey let’s arm teachers, use guns to fix gun problems, the only thing that helps is corrupt organizations like the NRA. This won’t be last of the school year, the American tradition has just began

Before background checks and age restrictions you could order guns out of the Sears cataloged and have them delivered COD to your door and school shootings were virtually unheard of so it's not a gun problem.

Then what is this cognitive dissonance you keep referring to? It is what it is at this point, so how do you solve it without taking guns?
Not sure you’re all too brainwashed to be fixed at this point. Cognitive dissonance is referring to people implying they want to save kids/their family yet think the gun laws in this country are alright. Its a baffling phenomenon

Not sure you’re all too brainwashed to be fixed at this point. Cognitive dissonance is referring to people implying they want to save kids/their family yet think the gun laws in this country are alright. Its a baffling phenomenon
What gun laws need reform, specifically, that would have prevented this? Again, you are conflating two different things.

What gun laws need reform, specifically, that would have prevented this? Again, you are conflating two different things.
I’m not truthfully sure what can be done but what we are doing isn’t working. But all of your guns are safe, the NRA won’t stop filling the pockets of politicians so they’ll make sure nothing changes

And those things don't seem to be working, do they?

So just keep wasting time and lives, doing the same ineffective things we've been doing for decades
Seems like you just admitted gun control measures don't work. That's a good first step.

We seem to have a lot of mental illness in this country among the young. But there seems to be a corresponding lack of willingness to openly question and discuss a lot of things. Take one example, the question of pharmaceutical companies incessantly pumping of vaccines into young children is having an effect in terms of autism and other possible mental problems? If anyone who questions that, they get yelled at and ridiculed as "anti-vax" without any real discussion.

And propose putting armed guards in schools or arming teachers willing to go armed and the left has an absolute meltdown. I'm of the opinion we're dealing with mad dogs and the best way to deal with a mad dog is a bullet to the brain before it bites anyone. Seems like a common sense approach to dealing with a-holes who intend to harm innocent people.

The only baffling thing is why you can't post a proposed solution or address the fact that we actually DO have gun laws that prevent 14 year olds from obtaining and possessing firearms. Instead, you engage in nonsensical ad hominem attacks and call everyone "brainwashed."

I’m not truthfully sure what can be done but what we are doing isn’t working. But all of your guns are safe, the NRA won’t stop filling the pockets of politicians so they’ll make sure nothing changes

The pharmaceutical companies keep filling the pockets of the politicians and bureaucrats, and they allow Drs to fill our kids with drugs.

The only baffling thing is why you can't post a proposed solution or address the fact that we actually DO have gun laws that prevent 14 year olds from obtaining and possessing firearms. Instead, you engage in nonsensical ad hominem attacks and call everyone "brainwashed."
Probably their parents weapon. They should be charged too. Proposing a solution is meaningless, the corrupt politicians that are paid off by big corporations will be sure nothing changes. These same people get people like yall on their side with propaganda. And I hate it bc you’re all great people.

Once again, protecting your family with guns from people with guns. It is a contradiction.
Why is that a contradiction? Do you know the meaning of that word?

Do police need guns to protect themselves and others from people with guns? Does our military need planes to protect against other countries with planes? Are those contradictions?

Do you think our forefathers thought it was a contradiction when they wrote the Constitution?

VN Store

Back