Appropriate punishment or not?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Remember the knock out game that was all the rage around 2018/19?
Maybe Dunkin man didn't get an opportunity to participate in those festivities..
Or maybe he was adding to his tally.

The number in prison isn't what was commented on. It was how in the past minority defendants have received harsher sentences for committing similar crimes. You mostly see it with drug sentences where a white defendant may get a slap on the wrist and a minority defendant gets a harsher sentence. Sentencing guidelines need to be more consistent and eliminate any racial biases, perceived or real.
This has been proven wrong before. Blacks are more likely to have a criminal history and are more likely to have committed other crimes with their drug possession which leads to the harsher sentences. Race doesn’t have a damn thing to do with that

I choose to believe the life of the homeless guy on the corner is just as valuable as the President of the United States. I expect many to disagree, but I just don't care. Life is valuable.
That's been true for all the presidents in my life time.

Also depends on the homeless guy too, most are cool.

This has been proven wrong before. Blacks are more likely to have a criminal history and are more likely to have committed other crimes with their drug possession which leads to the harsher sentences. Race doesn’t have a damn thing to do with that

And you'd still be wrong.

Still saying the racist hillbillies in Atlanta were justified?

Talking about these fights takes me back to the Twisted Tea incident. Black guy attacks a white guy after a purely verbal interaction with the N word being thrown around a bunch.

I dont remember anyone condemning the black guy, most cheered it. It's not a racial thing, it's an outcome thing.

In the twisted Tea incident there isnt a police record or even a record of the "victim" going to the hospital. White guy asked for an arse whooping, almost literally, and got it. Nothing more needed.

The Dunkin incident the white guy asked for an arse whooping but winded up dead. The dead part is what requires punishment.

Reactions: McDad
Talking about these fights takes me back to the Twisted Tea incident. Black guy attacks a white guy after a purely verbal interaction with the N word being thrown around a bunch.

I dont remember anyone condemning the black guy, most cheered it. It's not a racial thing, it's an outcome thing.

In the twisted Tea incident there isnt a police record or even a record of the "victim" going to the hospital. White guy asked for an arse whooping, almost literally, and got it. Nothing more needed.

The Dunkin incident the white guy asked for an arse whooping but winded up dead. The dead part is what requires punishment.
Smack me

To those of you who say the guy who threw the punch doesn’t deserve prison; I bet if that was your grandad who died you would not be having the play stupid games win stupid prizes attitude. I have a feeling most would be calling for the punchers head.

Ah yes, my cuddly grandpa screaming the N word in people’s faces. The fact that you’re appealing to emotion on behalf of this guy is telling

Ah yes, my cuddly grandpa screaming the N word in people’s faces. The fact that you’re appealing to emotion on behalf of this guy is telling
So at the hospital we’ve had dementia patients in their 80s screaming racial slurs and calling women “c*nts”. We should’ve just understood it was ok for the nurses to punch them in the face?

Reactions: Wireless1 and McDad
So at the hospital we’ve had dementia patients in their 80s screaming racial slurs and calling women “c*nts”. We should’ve just understood it was ok for the nurses to punch them in the face?

Any indication whatsoever this guy had dementia, or are you making things up to defend the guy screaming the N word again?

Any indication whatsoever this guy had dementia, or are you making things up to defend the guy screaming the N word again?

Being called the N word isn't justification for assault.

Now with that being said, I think we would be much better off as a country if it were. If azzholes could be slapped upside the head with impunity when they act like this maybe they would think twice before they acted like azzholes.

Reactions: LouderVol and McDad
This is the side of patient care that very few people truly comprehend. When McMom was in her rotations for her therapy degree, she was hit in the face with a hard brush by a patient. Medicated, demented, hurting people lash out in very ugly ways. I never heard my mother use profanity until she was about halfway through her Alzheimer decline.

Racist, anti-whatever, nasty, venomous language can sometimes come from patients completely counter to their character.

Now with that being said, I think we would be much better off as a country if it were. If azzholes could be slapped upside the head with impunity when they act like this maybe they would think twice before they acted like azzholes.
That's interesting. And I haven't thought about it before your post.

If a wronged person slaps the offender, I completely agree with that action. It is still assault. But in my mind, it is different and justified.

That's interesting. And I haven't thought about it before your post.

If a wronged person slaps the offender, I completely agree with that action. It is still assault. But in my mind, it is different and justified.

Maybe the old man was wronged for s****y service. Of course it’s happening at more places now that employers can’t be too choosy.

Maybe the old man was wronged for s****y service. Of course it’s happening at more places now that employers can’t be too choosy.
You're stretching a lot to defend the indefensible.

Maybe a 77 year old man should have learned by now how to handle frustration in a more appropriate and effective manner. I wouldn't tolerate a temper tantrum from a man who ought to know better by now.

Reactions: hog88 and NashVol11
You're stretching a lot to defend the indefensible.

Maybe a 77 year old man should have learned by now how to handle frustration in a more appropriate and effective manner. I wouldn't tolerate a temper tantrum from a man who ought to know better by now.

But your ok with a bad employee slapping someone over their own s****y service when it’s called out?

I understand the sentiment. But I don’t think we really want to live in that society.

You seem to keep trying to push this while ignoring the rest. A violent act that under any possible interpretation of the law would be an assault (throwing a punch at somebody's head) without any possible argument of defense of self or others resulted in a death. Unless you are willing to step up and say that an insult can and should fall under the umbrella of lawful violence then we have an indefensible physical assault that resulted in a homicide.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
But your ok with a bad employee slapping someone over their own s****y service when it’s called out?
I am OK with an A-hole getting slapped when they act inappropriately and deserve it.

If someone called McMom ugly or hit her with their brush, I think she would be justified to slap someone. Negative consequences are excellent teachers. If a woman was going off on me, I would feel fine slapping her back to lucidity.
If you called my friend a racial epithet, I might slap you to teach you a lesson.

Reactions: hog88
I am OK with an A-hole getting slapped when they act inappropriately and deserve it.

If someone called McMom ugly or hit her with their brush, I think she would be justified to slap someone. Negative consequences are excellent teachers. If a woman was going off on me, I would feel fine slapping her back to lucidity.
If you called my friend a racial epithet, I might slap you to teach you a lesson.

You act like the old man just became belligerent for no reason. Your comparisons make no sense. It wasn’t just some old man randomly berating employees trying to do their best. If only there had been someone there issuing “negative consequences” to s****y employees doing a s****y job. The old man wasn’t right either but didn’t deserve to be assaulted.

You act like the old man just became belligerent for no reason. Your comparisons make no sense. It wasn’t just some old man randomly berating employees trying to do their best. If only there had been someone there issuing “negative consequences” to s****y employees doing a s****y job. The old man wasn’t right either but didn’t deserve to be assaulted.
Outside of a slap, I have never claimed he deserved to be assaulted. I have, in fact, taken the exact opposite opinion.
I don't know if Dunkin Man had any part to set off the tantrum in the old man. But I do expect people with that many miles on their odometer to be wiser than a toddler.

As far as we know, he did. They couldn't hear him at the drive thru, then asked him to leave when he was yelling at the window and he parked and came inside anyway to call them racial slurs repeatedly. And you're like "damn right, you tell those bad employees!" Lol

VN Store

Back