Army Female recruits can't pass the physical

Actually as has been presented by several their requirements should tied to their MOS. I think even hogg agreed that if you aren’t in a combat MOS then ok sure.

I’d also extend that to if you can’t qualify on the PT required by a combat MOS you don’t get combat pay or hazard duty amplifiers. Non flight crew don’t get flight pay in the Air Force.

I’m not sure. I mean there are basic requirements for everyone in the military, from passing a PT test to being able to qualifying with your weapon. I just find it ironic certain groups cry about equality while wanting to be held to a lower standard than everyone else.

I agree that certain MOS's should have higher standards but I don't think he's done that.

I have said that the APFT standards should be MOS specific but the standards for male/female should be the same for the specific MOS.

Reactions: AM64
Oh he’s said enough to indicate that. He’s yanking your chain which is actually kinda fun

No he didn't.

Supporting different standards for different MOS's is wholly different from supporting different standards between the sexes of the soldiers within them. It's not even remotely close to what he's said.

I could support different physical standards for the different MOSs but that should also mean different pay scales and rank structures.

If they are receiving the same pay and in the same jobs they need to meet the same standards.

The IDF agrees with you with regards to infantry requirements.

I think it should apply across the board. Say heavy vehicle mechanics, male or female need to have enough upper body strength to do the required work so their minimum standards should be the same.

I think it should apply across the board. Say heavy vehicle mechanics, male or female need to have enough upper body strength to do the required work so their minimum standards should be the same.
I agree. The requirements should be tied to the MOS. I think combat pat should be tied to the MOS also just like flight pay. No problem with the tax exemption status applying across the board though.

So did old people.

Inexplicably, you actually bring up a good point.

Should the 55 year old Battalion commander be expected to use the same APFT scoring scale as the 18 year old private?

Yes but they were also limited to certain MOSs. That’s not the case today.

And even if they broke it down by MOS it would still be a cluster ****. Maybe do it by unit (which is still unfair) would be better but it would be best to just realize people aren’t equal and can’t do the same jobs.

And even if they broke it down by MOS it would still be a cluster ****. Maybe do it by unit (which is still unfair) would be better but it would be best to just realize people aren’t equal and can’t do the same jobs.
EQUALITY!!!!!!!

By Seps logic, I should be signing that lucrative NBA contract any day,

Should the 55 year old Battalion commander be expected to use the same APFT scoring scale as the 18 year old private?

Sure. At that level he’s only evaluated against a handful of people anyway. It’s way more cutthroat in the lower ranks.

Just demonstrating your stupidity again, a Battalion commander and a private do not do the same job.

Just demonstrating your stupidity again, a Battalion commander and a private do not do the same job.
If he’s going to lead troops in battle, from the front, he needs to be able to handle the physical rigors of the job.

He just has additional requirements and duties for battalion cmdr which he is compensated for by pay and rank.

EQUALITY!!!!!!!

By Seps logic, I should be signing that lucrative NBA contract any day,

Lol. I can still shoot free throws.

It’s hard to go strictly by MOS because combat units are composed of many other MOS’s. From cooks to mechanics etc.

If he’s going to lead troops in battle, from the front, he needs to be able to handle the physical rigors of the job.

He just has additional requirements and duties for battalion cmdr which he is compensated for by pay and rank.

Battalion commanders don’t lead troops.

Who didn’t see this coming?
Saw it back in the late 90's when I joined up during boot camp.

My favorite part of "boot camp" (It was the USAF so wasn't hard) besides leaving was watching the females try and make it across the monkey bars which was over a large pond. It was basically a free wet black tshirt contest at the end. Of course any male (democrats) unable to make it across was instantly ostracized and put into the group that was lucky "dont ask dont tell" was still policy.

Can you subtract 20 from 100? Ergo, 80% of the affected MOS's are not combat arms.

Jesus, how obtuse are you - you can RAISE the PF bar while still keeping the expectations between males and females different.

If OIF and OEF taught us anything, it's that "combat" tends to find you even when you're not in a "combat" MOS...

IMO there isn't much distinction in the two today as just like every Marine, every Soldier should be a rifleman (or riflewoman) first.

Reactions: AirVol and FLVOL_79

The bigger concern should be why there is a 55 year old battalion commander...

VN Store

Back