Army Female recruits can't pass the physical

Can you subtract 20 from 100? Ergo, 80% of the affected MOS's are not combat arms.

Jesus, how obtuse are you - you can RAISE the PF bar while still keeping the expectations between males and females different.

Do you think combat arms units are made up strictly of combat arms MOS’s?

If OIF and OEF taught us anything, it's that "combat" tends to find you even when you're not in a "combat" MOS...

IMO there isn't much distinction in the two today as just like every Marine, every Soldier should be a rifleman (or riflewoman) first.
Yep. This is why I have a combat V. I believe my exact words at the time were "what the f##king f##k I joined the air force NOT to have to do this..g##da## marines aren't worth a flying ####.."..or something similiar.

Just demonstrating your stupidity again, a Battalion commander and a private do not do the same job.

Both combat arms.

Both deployed - how far down the battlefield do you want to split hairs?

You've painted yourself into this ridiculous corner, don't get mad at me because I'm pointing it out.

Do you think combat arms units are made up strictly of combat arms MOS’s?

Are you going to conflate combat MOS's with support "units"? Because that's not the argument that's being had. Please don't misrepresent my argument.

Should an s4 female 'clerk' be held to the same physical standards as an 11B because they're in the same unit? Of course not.

Both combat arms.

You've painted yourself into this ridiculous corner, don't get mad at me because I'm pointing it out.

What about the cook in the combat arms unit? Are they tested to different standards depending on which unit they’re assigned to?

Both combat arms.

The only thing you have pointed out is your ignorance.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Are you going to conflate combat MOS's with support "units"? Because that's not the argument that's being had. Please don't misrepresent my argument.

Should an s4 female 'clerk' be held to the same physical standards as an 11B because they're in the same unit? Of course not.

You have a misunderstanding of what MOS’s comprise a unit. An infantry battalion is comprised of more than just 11Bs. A medic, mechanic, and cook all deploy to the same place with those 11Bs.

Reactions: AM64
What about the cook in the combat arms unit? Are they tested to different standards depending on which unit they’re assigned to?

No, they should be tested per standards set for 92g. Where it would get murky is when it comes to medics, as far as I know a medic serving in an infantry unit is the same MOS as a medic serving in a clinic so there would have to be some adjustments.

You have a misunderstanding of what MOS’s comprise a unit. An infantry battalion is comprised of more than just 11Bs. A medic, mechanic, and cook all deploy to the same place with those 11Bs.

But they don’t do the same jobs.

The only thing you have pointed out is your ignorance.

You keep hurling pejoratives while failing to refute my argument with any cogency.

Have you acknowledged that the physical capabilities of men and women are different? Do you believe that? If so, do you understand why applying the same standards across the military does a disservice to the sex that couldn't possibly hope maintain the high standard.

Because that's what's happening.

No sh*t.

It's irreverent to the argument.

You keep hurling pejoratives while failing to refute my argument with any cogency.

Have you acknowledged that the physical capabilities of men and women are different? Do you believe that? If so, do you understand why applying the same standards across the military does a disservice to the sex that couldn't possibly hope maintain the high standard.

I haven’t argued for the same standards across the military. I have advocated the for the same minimum standards in each MOS.

I’d argue that a medic, mechanic, supply clerk, or cook that’s assigned to an infantry unit undergoes greater rigors than those assigned to a signal unit.

I mentioned the problem with medics earlier. Probably would have to have an MOS designator for combat medics if they don’t already.

Yeah other MOSs assigned to infantry units generally have it a little tougher than their counterparts in REMF units but not by much.

Battalion commanders don’t lead troops.
I guess times change. My dad told me a story where he was hunkered down in a fox hole in June 1944 with his radio when Gen Teddy Roosevelt Jr jumped into his Fox hole to avoid getting shot and use the radio. Startled him. All he had was a riding crop and a side arm.

And his men would have followed him thru hell to the other side for it. Times change I guess 🤷‍♂️

Since we agree the physical capabilities of men and women are not equal why should be be surprised that the "outcomes" in areas like the Army, the NBA and NFL aren't either? What's the problem here that you're trying to solve?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I guess times change. My dad told me a story where he was hunkered down in a fox hole in June 1944 with his radio when Gen Teddy Roosevelt Jr jumped into his Fox hole to avoid getting shot and use the radio. Startled him. All he had was a riding crop and a side arm.

And his men would have followed him thru hell to the other side for it. Times change I guess 🤷‍♂️

The officer ranks are nothing but politics and the enlisted folks are the pawns they use to advance at whatever cost.

Reactions: hog88

Times have changed but even Teddy Jr wasn’t leading troops he was issuing orders to subordinate officers.

Times have changed but even Teddy Jr wasn’t leading troops he was issuing orders to subordinate officers.
Yes he was. He wrote a written protest to Gen Barton when he wasn’t allowed to go ashore with the division. He was in division command not battalion. You might be saying he wasn’t in assigned command of the battalion but he was most definitely leading. He was knocked out in combat I believe (I looked it up no he wasn’t knocked out my bad) and got the MOH for his actions on D Day.

And yes I know he is an exception to the rule. But from hearing my dad talk about him they greatly admired him.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back