Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also saw him "attack" Verc in the Hawks/Pacers thread

Attacking a Hawks fan is like attacking a mailman that's currently being bitten by a dog. There's nothing you can say to make him anymore miserable than he already is, so it's always going to be lame.

I missed the event at the time it happened but what I never understood was it seemed like fairly generic ball busting to me when I went back and read it. Haven't these types of discussions taken place in this thread before? I thought we'd made it to friend zone level: ball busting.

It escalated a little beyond generic ball busting when he decided to ridicule me for being a stay at home dad.

The next day, I called him out on some passive-aggressive, sarcastic stuff aimed at me he was posting about Jordan Schafer, and he flipped out and stomped off.

I think you guys are right that he overreacted because I brought up Chris Paul (back when I thought we were just in the generic ball-busting stage), but he certainly and subsequently lashed out like he's held some longstanding grudge against me. Which I don't understand. I haven't had a problem with him, so I guess it's been one-sided hatred. Ah well.

I miss that NBA. The days of the power forward and center

Does seem like forever ago when that was the norm. Besides your Grizz, I can't think of too many teams who even have close to that combo. At least not having two guys who are that size who actually want to play that size.

Steve Smith deserved a hell of a lot better than to spend his career here. He's a really good player that could have been the second banana on a championship team.

With such a pure shooter like Stacy Augmon on the other wing, it's hard to believe things didn't fall into place.

Reactions: 1 person
It escalated a little beyond generic ball busting when he decided to ridicule me for being a stay at home dad.

The next day, I called him out on some passive-aggressive, sarcastic stuff aimed at me he was posting about Jordan Schafer, and he flipped out and stomped off.

I think you guys are right that he overreacted because I brought up Chris Paul (back when I thought we were just in the generic ball-busting stage), but he certainly and subsequently lashed out like he's held some longstanding grudge against me. Which I don't understand. I haven't had a problem with him, so I guess it's been one-sided hatred. Ah well.

Guess I missed a little of the personal-ness of it while skimming the next day. Again, because I thought it started mostly over a game, I thought it was textbook ball busting.

You guys gotta see how the Blues just beat the Kings on a shorthanded goal in OT. Really misplayed puck by Quick...and on a 4 min power play, at that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Love/hate relationship with this time of year with Braves almost every night and NBA and NHL playoffs, especially first round, too much to keep up with!

I love it, Inside the NBA every night on TNT for 2 months is awesome

It is awesome but for tomorrow I already know that I've got Braves/Nats and B's/Leafs at 7:00. No clue what the NBA playoff games for tomorrow night look like on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back