Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love/hate relationship with this time of year with Braves almost every night and NBA and NHL playoffs, especially first round, too much to keep up with!

As I said earlier, once the Caps start in the playoffs on Thursday everything else fades to grey for awhile. I can't focus on anything else when the hockey playoffs are on.

It is awesome but for tomorrow I already know that I've got Braves/Nats and B's/Leafs at 7:00. No clue what the NBA playoff games for tomorrow night look like on top of that.

I dont know if you even care, but here's tomorrow night's schedule, central times

Attachments

• SC20130430-224647.png
    SC20130430-224647.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As I said earlier, once the Caps start in the playoffs on Thursday everything else fades to grey for awhile. I can't focus on anything else when the hockey playoffs are on.

Agree for the most part on Bruins games for me. Assuming its a good/close game into the 3rd, it completely ruins me. Overtime hockey is both the best and worst part of playoff hockey when your team is involved.

Agree for the most part on Bruins games for me. Assuming its a good/close game into the 3rd, it completely ruins me. Overtime hockey is both the best and worst part of playoff hockey when your team is involved.

It's the best thing in sports. It's the worst thing in sports. I feel sorry for people who consider themselves sports fans who have never had to sit through a double overtime hockey playoff game in which their team was playing, because they are missing out.

I dont know if you even care, but here's tomorrow night's schedule, central times

hawks_pac-man.gif

My first year watching playoff hockey for the Wings hardcore. Not as much fun as I thought

If you don't love playoff hockey then you don't love sports. It's agonizing.

I got into hockey a lot last year, but my scheduled prevented me from watching any last year. This year, I didn't follow the season at all but will watch Red Wings hockey hardcore this year.

It's the best thing in sports. It's the worst thing in sports. I feel sorry for people who consider themselves sports fans who have never had to sit through a double overtime hockey playoff game in which their team was playing, because they are missing out.

Double overtime is being generous. I remember a few years back when the Caps played a 4 OT game in the playoffs (maybe in the Olie the Goalie days?). Not even my team but bc of proximity I root for them if it doesn't negatively impact the Bruins and I almost had a hard attack during that game.

J. Cole came out with a song titled "Kenny Lofton".

That's just ****ing fantastic.

Double overtime is being generous. I remember a few years back when the Caps played a 4 OT game in the playoffs (maybe in the Olie the Goalie days?). Not even my team but bc of proximity I root for them if it doesn't negatively impact the Bruins and I almost had a hard attack during that game.

You talking about 1996, when the Caps and Penguins went 4 OT?

Mario Lemieux was ejected in regulation. Caps player missed a penalty shot at the end of the 3rd OT. Peter Nedved scored the game winner at 2 am. Most agonizing sporting loss of my life. Including everything. I had just moved to Atlanta from DC. I watched that game in a bar full of Penguins fans; I was the only one rooting for the Caps in the building. They laughed and threw things at me while I walked out.

Pretty good deal when you can start watching hockey seriously for the first time and jump on the bandwagon of the best team of the last 20 years.

You talking about 1996, when the Caps and Penguins went 4 OT?

Mario Lemieux was ejected in regulation. Caps player missed a penalty shot at the end of the 3rd OT. Peter Nedved scored the game winner at 2 am. Most agonizing sporting loss of my life. Including everything. I had just moved to Atlanta from DC. I watched that game in a bar full of Penguins fans; I was the only one rooting for the Caps in the building. They laughed and threw things at me while I walked out.

Is that how you became a Caps fan? I was always interested in how that happened. I thought you might have just picked them after the Thrashers left.

Pretty good deal when you can start watching hockey seriously for the first time and jump on the bandwagon of the best team of the last 20 years.

My dad has followed the Red Wings since he was nine. I adopted all his pro teams except the Braves, which I inherited from my pappaw and TBS. I am a Lions fan after all.

Only time i ever watch hockey is when its a closeout game of the finals, i watch the end. I like to see teams get trophys and win championships.

Oh and i went to a minor league hockey game in Birmingham when i was like 7

Only time i ever watch hockey is when its a closeout game of the finals, i watch the end. I like to see teams get trophys and win championships.

Oh and i went to a minor league hockey game in Birmingham when i was like 7

I went to a San Diego Gulls game when I was five and had cotton candy for the first time. Great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back