Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. His ERA was 2.13 coming in. Just awful.

Do you watch the Braves consistently? If not, with all due respect stfu Nati. If you watched him consistently you would be able to tell how bad he has been. He tried to cough it up last night. Thank Jebus they gave J Blaze that trap or he very well could've blew that one too.

Do you watch the Braves consistently? If not, with all due respect stfu Nati. If you watched him consistently you would be able to tell how bad he has been. He tried to cough it up last night. Thank Jebus they gave J Blaze that trap or he very well could've blew that one too.

You're right. 2.13 is not awful...it's putrid.

Lotto ya boy broke into AA in a big way

@MBraves: Tommy La Stella's Double-A debut: 2 doubles, a triple and 5 RBI. M-Braves lead the Biscuits 19-2 in the 8th.

This is so dumb. I just watched the pitch sequences on those last two hitters. Kimbrel bounced two curveballs and obviously wasn't feeling it. Also, for all the whining about velocity, strike one to Choo was 97 mph and the HR pitch was low at 96. Calm down people.

Let me help you Nati:

@ajcbraves: Kimbrel has given up three home runs in his past three appearances, after giving up three HRs in each of his previous two seasons

Also want to add in that I was thinking about something earlier...

Y'all think Mo Rivera would be better if hitters could "sit" on that cutter?

obviously small sample size, but his fastball is getting hit this year at a .143 clip. last year was .140. career is .173. his season BABIP is .320. his slider is actually getting hit .200, compared to his career average of .117.

fascinating. wonder if he is getting unlucky on hits against the slider and that has boosted the BABIP.

This is so dumb. I just watched the pitch sequences on those last two hitters. Kimbrel bounced two curveballs and obviously wasn't feeling it. Also, for all the whining about velocity, strike one to Choo was 97 mph and the HR pitch was low at 96. Calm down people.

So two pitches off the mark warrant scraping the pitch entirely? I'm not just using tonight for reference, but the entire season.

Also want to add in that I was thinking about something earlier...

Y'all think Mo Rivera would be better if hitters could "sit" on that cutter?

Are you serious right now? You're trying to correlate the greatest pitch of all time to Kimbrel's breaking (secondary) pitches? LOL OK. Im gonna start calling you Huffines, Huffines.

this is cool. here is a velocity chart for his career. it looks like his fastball gains velo as the season goes on. this year seems to fall in line with that.

6655_P_FA_20130506.png

Craig Kimbrel » PitchFx » Velocity Graphs » FA | FanGraphs Baseball

Last edited:
Are you serious right now? You're trying to correlate the greatest pitch of all time to Kimbrel's breaking (secondary) pitches? LOL OK. Im gonna start calling you Huffines, Huffines.

Yes exactly. Totally serious and totally legit.

Best pitch in the game is a located fastball.

Lick 'em.

If you want an example of a meaningless stat . . . EOF got credit fora Hold tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back