Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw something on the crawl that said J.R. Smith got a fine for flopping today, per our discussion from a few days ago. Only $5k though.

Five thousand bucks to a guy making JR Smith's $2.8 million salary is like $100 to a guy making $100,000. Ie, an insufficient deterrent. Flopping won't stop until the risk becomes worse than the obviously tangible reward.

The Caps' Ovechkin drew a critical penalty the other night by embellishing a hit. I am not proud, I wasn't happy, but damn if he didn't draw a huge penalty by doing it. If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.

You have to make a move to try to stop this while it's still a 3-4 run deficit. If Hudson gives up another hit then you might as well say F it and let him throw 130 pitches to give the bullpen a night off.

Five thousand bucks to a guy making JR Smith's $2.8 million salary is like $100 to a guy making $100,000. Ie, an insufficient deterrent. Flopping won't stop until the risk becomes worse than the obviously tangible reward.

The Caps' Ovechkin drew a critical penalty the other night by embellishing a hit. I am not proud, I wasn't happy, but damn if he didn't draw a huge penalty by doing it. If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.

Agree on both accounts for the most part but I will say that Ovie flopping looks like Lebron flopping, they're both way too big and way too strong to react like they do from time to time.

You have to make a move to try to stop this while it's still a 3-4 run deficit. If Hudson gives up another hit then you might as well say F it and let him throw 130 pitches to give the bullpen a night off.

Fredi didn't text Tosca back in time...

Agree with this. And not enough (zero) managers do it.

Agree with this. And not enough (zero) managers do it.

I don't know damn about the mechanics of pitching, but I feel like I could manage the hell out of a pitching staff. Just from the sense of maximizing available resources. There's so much waste they way they all do it.

Braves announcers letting us know that multi-run home runs are preferred while on the comeback trail.

Huddy dealing early.

e31.jpg

Braves announcers letting us know that multi-run home runs are preferred while on the comeback trail.

Joe Simpson is as much a cliche machine as Joe Morgan ever was. I almost always mute the TV and go with the radio guys until it gets interesting and the out-of-sync part gets annoying.

You guys catch that?

Home plate ump called a strike on the Pence check-swing. Brian asked for help from first... first-base ump said no, home plate ump had to fix his count clicker. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back