BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

If you can watch college, you can watch pros, you just gotta care about a team enough. Officiating is 100x worse in college.
And that's part of it, too. I have no natural tie to a team, and you can't really cheer for a team because of the players, anymore, because it is so transient with free agency. College is getting that way, but there is much more of an identity with the schools you align yourself with.

And that's part of it, too. I have no natural tie to a team, and you can't really cheer for a team because of the players, anymore, because it is so transient with free agency. College is getting that way, but there is much more of an identity with the schools you align yourself with.

The great thing about the NBA today is you can follow your favorite player pretty easily from anywhere in the country...especially if he's a Laker (Knecht).

I have players I follow and I've been following the Jazz for 20 years and in this new transient landscape, it feels like there is enough parity a title can happen for anybody. 6 different champs since 2019. It's awesome.

This Laker squad is trash. Feel sorry for DK and the ball hogs on this team.

DK has taken 16 shots in this game. By far the most. He’s the leading scorer but his efficiency has been awful. Granted, part of that is because he’s never open because of how bad the rest of his team is. But ball hogging isn’t the problem.

It's a Summer League team, only 2 individuals will be on main roster. When only 1 should be, you guys act like they're playing NBA regular season. This is mostly G-League players.

I’m not acting like anything. Just simply making an observation on how awful this Lakers team is compared to other teams. I’m not unconvinced that Tennessee wouldn’t have beaten this team handily last year.

Keon got on a roster.. awesome. I'm hoping Chandler and Santi make one.. JJJ I didn't seem to get much playtime till the last 3 games and didn't do much. This surprised me because he is exactly the type of player the Pacers need, a wing defender.

Keon got on a roster.. awesome. I'm hoping Chandler and Santi make one.. JJJ I didn't seem to get much playtime till the last 3 games and didn't do much. This surprised me because he is exactly the type of player the Pacers need, a wing defender.

I would be stunned if Vescovi or JJJ made a roster. Neither had much playing time in the Summer League (although Santi did appear to do a bit more with the time he got). I could see Chandler signing a two-way contract, but I think Santi is destined to head overseas unless he'd prefer to stay close to his girlfriend and just play in the G-League.

I would be stunned if Vescovi or JJJ made a roster. Neither had much playing time in the Summer League (although Santi did appear to do a bit more with the time he got). I could see Chandler signing a two-way contract, but I think Santi is destined to head overseas unless he'd prefer to stay close to his girlfriend and just play in the G-League.
I don't think he can "decide" for himself to play in the G League. I don't think being on a summer roster guarantees it

I don't think he can "decide" for himself to play in the G League. I don't think being on a summer roster guarantees it
I'm pretty sure Santi and JJJ both showed enough to make a G-league roster...but I think most can make a lot more money Overseas. G-league salaries are lower than WNBA UNLESS you are on a two-way. Average salary in the Gleague is 40k per season. Unless they are on a 2-way. WNBA makes 62 minimum 234 supermax 116k average. Players can easily make a lot more than that overseas up to 2-4 mil a year.

Bascially unless you just cant stand the idea of going overseas, cant get an passport or are on a 2 way overseas is the best route. G-league is pretty much purgatory unless you're on a 2 way once you sign directly with them its over.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back