BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

I wasn't saying that Santi isn't up for the G league. Even if he gets a 2-way deal, Europe is his best option. He's unlikely to ever gain a regular NBA roster spot
I try to be cup half full with former vols lol...but you're right. I think unless they get a commitment from an NBA team then go overseas. Going direct to G-league is like signing with the Browns as a QB or expecting anything but disappointment singing with the Clippers/Hawks/Hornets. Career suicide.

I wasn't saying that Santi isn't up for the G league. Even if he gets a 2-way deal, Europe is his best option. He's unlikely to ever gain a regular NBA roster spot

Agreed. He's not an NBA player. He's well-rounded and hustles but doesn't do any one thing well enough and he's not a special athlete

I don't think he can "decide" for himself to play in the G League. I don't think being on a summer roster guarantees it

Technically, he can’t “decide” to play overseas either. Someone has to sign him. I’m just saying I don’t think he’ll choose the G-League if presented with both that option or overseas.

Technically, he can’t “decide” to play overseas either. Someone has to sign him. I’m just saying I don’t think he’ll choose the G-League if presented with both that option or overseas.
Correct. There are more options there. It's much more likely he lands an immediate contract in one of the European leagues. Some people assume his girlfriend or a newfound allegiance to the US is a major factor. I think it's somewhat of a factor. What if his girlfriend wants to go live in Europe? If he has coaching aspirations, that's probably the biggest factor to him staying in the states. Plan B. Plan A is his current state

VN Store

Back