Biden gonna tax us to death

I ran an ad for a driver in DeMoines at $29hr with overtime and in a month got 2 applications and 1 couldn’t pass the drug test and the other wouldn’t stay out overnight.

Just being able to pass a drug test and showing up to work dependably goes a long way in the blue collar working world.

Reactions: AM64 and dovervolz
That's called being intelligent.

It is rather amazing to await quarterly GDP and UE numbers and such and if they are above/below forecasts, then Wall St reacts and such. How bubbles are built as we saw in 2008. Confidence only takes one so far.

Reactions: AM64
Here’s the thing. I don’t care about YOUR quality of life. That’s up to you. Yes we have a lot of criminals, a lot of mentally ill, and people who have succeeded in life.
Here's the thing, I do care about the quality of life of others.
Maybe we've identified the fundamental difference.

Yeah the hollow door is fine on milk crates or whatever - unfortunately that's what my man Dan used for my desk.

A solid wood door was what I was looking for, but he couldn't find one that didn't have the milled panels.

There used to be a salvage place out in N Knoxville somewhere that sold flawed pieces of plexiglass. I bought a sheet that was like an inch thick probably on the order of 3'x5' and used that with a couple of two drawer file cabinets for years. Worked like a charm. Some of those ornamental concrete blocks and some spray paint and long shelf long shelf boards made good bookcases and stereo stand. This was back in student days before IKEA. Funny part was my wife was an RN (I worked while she finished school), I worked part time as an undergrad and had a grad assistantship at ORNL later, I also had the GI Bill, and we lived in married student housing. For our age group we actually had a pretty nice income.

Reactions: RavinDave
My favorite part of this thread is when I discovered your taxes increased because of Bill Clinton.

The Clinton economic "genius" was doing stuff that got charged to future administrations and taking credit for shifting the expense out of his cost column.

Reactions: tbwhhs
There used to be a salvage place out in N Knoxville somewhere that sold flawed pieces of plexiglass. I bought a sheet that was like an inch thick probably on the order of 3'x5' and used that with a couple of two drawer file cabinets for years. Worked like a charm. Some of those ornamental concrete blocks and some spray paint and long shelf long shelf boards made good bookcases and stereo stand. This was back in student days before IKEA. Funny part was my wife was an RN (I worked while she finished school), I worked part time as an undergrad and had a grad assistantship at ORNL later, I also had the GI Bill, and we lived in married student housing. For our age group we actually had a pretty nice income.
The plank and concrete block bookshelf system was also a thing in my student days. This also brings to mind a workbench I made in the basement of my home in the Poconos about 30 years ago. Each leg was made by sandwiching two concrete blocks between lengths of 2x6‘s attached with .22 load fasteners and construction adhesive. For the top I used 2x4’s in a butcher block style with a perimeter of 2x6’s and topped with a 1/8” steel plate. Mounted on one side is a mechanics vise and on the other a Ridgid pipe vise. It has been very handy in my lab the last few years.

Why would you demand an artificial rate or set the rates that businesses pay for labor? The labor market - supply and demand - should settle that score. Look to what unions achieved in pricing US labor out of the market until the globalists could take advantage of union mob rule nonsense. Labor is what labor is worth in the supply and demand market and not a penny more unless you can prove it buys efficiency. Labor costs are always going to vary with job functions and "cost" of entry (such as educational and professional licensure) into the market ... Wally World isn't going to get off paying a pharmacist what they do a run of the mill entry level shelf stocker.

As others have realized, it is not simply supply and demand because the labor rate paid by WalMart is being subsidized by the government allowing WalMart to pay less than it should.

As others have realized, it is not simply supply and demand because the labor rate paid by WalMart is being subsidized by the government allowing WalMart to pay less than it should.
Then stop their eligibility for government assistance. They would make a choice: work for substandard wages and be hungry, or go on the government dole. At that point, Walmart might not have as many takers for their jobs and would have to offer better pay/perks. Also, I think you are being a little hyperbolic about the number of Walmart workers using government assistance.

Reactions: AM64 and Y9 Vol
Then stop their eligibility for government assistance. They would make a choice: work for substandard wages and be hungry, or go on the government dole. At that point, Walmart might not have as many takers for their jobs and would have to offer better pay/perks. Also, I think you are being a little hyperbolic about the number of Walmart workers using government assistance.

Your ********* is showing

I am actually not. I would prefer to address without having to make people pick between being productive or going totally onto welfare.

I am actually not. I would prefer to address without having to make people pick between being productive or going totally onto welfare.
In an ironic twist though, you want government meddling in private business, yet want them out of private business.... I agree with you in a way. I don't think people working should be getting government assistance. But I am a free market kind of guy... unfortunately with a big government nanny state that the federal government wants to be, we can never have a free market.

VN Store

Back