Biden The Warhawk

"In need of killing." Most Afghani folks just want to live their lives like we do and be left alone.
I'd be willing to bet we know within a MOAB blast radius where the really bad guys are. Collateral damage would be acceptable and far less than 40 million. IF that doesn't work, remember the Khadafi wedding? That shut up his pie hole for a long time didn't it. imho

Reactions: malinoisvol

We'd been attacked throughout the 80s and 90s. Many of which in the 90s went without a response. Or an empty response. The next logical choice was to hit us at home.

And remember, we'd already been hit at the WTC in 93 and that attack didn't garner a response. Why not strike again?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Like how far back are we talking about "involvement?"

We'd been over there meddling around for almost two centuries.

You decide, I suppose. I think if we just went back and erased the CIA coup in Iran and didn't do any of the meddling that came after, we would not be a target of terrorist organizations on the other side of the world. It's pretty easy to recruit when people think America is the reason their country/life sucks and then it becomes even easier if they think America is the reason their brother/Dad/Uncle/cousin/whatever is dead.

Like how far back are we talking about "involvement?"

We'd been over there meddling around for almost two centuries.

I like to think our national defense strategy could be completely overhauled with just a few tweaks to The General's Maxims.

7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes two hundred years.

You decide, I suppose. I think if we just went back and erased the CIA coup in Iran and didn't do any of the meddling that came after, we would not be a target of terrorist organizations on the other side of the world. It's pretty easy to recruit when people think America is the reason their country/life sucks and then it becomes even easier if they think America is the reason their brother/Dad/Uncle/cousin/whatever is dead.

OBL had little to do with Iran since they were on the opposite side of the religious spectrum.

Regardless, I don't think our "meddling" had as much to do with 9/11 as many might think. OBL used the idea of kicking us out entirely from the ME (Saudi in particular) as his "motive" for opposing us.

Little known fact... we had been in Saudi since the early to mid 80s. We buried a lot, and I mean tons, of equipment over there in the 80s. If that was the case, the attacks should have been sooner then they were.

I like to think our national defense strategy could be completely overhauled with just a few tweaks to The General's Maxims.

7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes two hundred years.

"Press the Defense Industry game. Here is where the money is made"?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
We'd been attacked throughout the 80s and 90s. Many of which in the 90s went without a response. Or an empty response. The next logical choice was to hit us at home.

And remember, we'd already been hit at the WTC in 93 and that attack didn't garner a response. Why not strike again?
Kind of my point. Our Middle East FP goes back way before that. Geez.

OBL had little to do with Iran since they were on the opposite side of the religious spectrum.

My point is we wouldn't be a major target for radicals in the Muslim world if we backtracked that far.

Regardless, I don't think our "meddling" had as much to do with 9/11 as many might think. OBL used the idea of kicking us out entirely from the ME (Saudi in particular) as his "motive" for opposing us.

Little known fact... we had been in Saudi since the early to mid 80s. We buried a lot, and I mean tons, of equipment over there in the 80s. If that was the case, the attacks should have been sooner then they were.

non-sequitur

My point is we wouldn't be a major target for radicals in the Muslim world if we backtracked that far.

non-sequitur

It's not your favorite term to toss out when you didn't understand the point I was making.

The point:

OBL wanted the Middle East, Saudi Arabia in particular, free of US "occupation." His words, more or less, and wanted us out of the Holy Land even though most US Forces are prohibited from going into Mecca. (exceptions to Muslim service members on a Hajj) My point was it is an invalid excuse since we have been over there well prior to us being his sworn enemy. His Fatwa on the subject only claims we'd been there seven years when we'd been in Saudi and the ME as a whole a lot longer.

Reactions: GSD82
I was told by a very reputable commander in the navy that china is feeling Biden out and believes they will go after Taiwan in the next year or two. I pray he is wrong.

People have no idea the horrible position we have put ourselves in due to relying on Chinese imports so much for every aspect of our lives from food to drugs.

We are literally sleeping with the enemy.

They should have gotten that understanding last year with all of the grocery item and appliance shortages (and this year with the chip shortages).

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and NEO

VN Store

Back