Bishop should be #2 back

Bishop is better than I thought he would be. Runs patient, follows his blocks, and falls forward. He doesn’t have the wiggle or open field burst of a Sampson, but he should’ve been a high 3 star if not a 4.

I wanna see more from Seldon before I’m all in on Bishop as the #2. But very impressed so far even if most of his touches have been when the game was already in hand.

I may be alone in this thought, but I think we need three healthy backs this year. We are going to run it more than throw it, at least half of the time. If we go on a run and end up in the playoffs, health will be a huge factor, and some guys are going to get dinged up. In the 4 team playoff era, this is always the case. With a 3 game playoff it will be even more true.
Sampson is the clear #1, but we need two more to step up. Bishop has looked good so far. If DS gets 60% of the carries, Bishop gets 30% and Seldon/Keith get 10% in a game, we can watch one leave via Draft or injury, shift everyone up a level, and have a healthy room. As much as I hate the bammers, this is what they did for years and it insulated them against injuries as well as promoted growth and competition. It also lets guys go to the league and not be ran through which only helps us in recruiting. These guys with 1000 touches in college are halfway to through their careers. Getting guys in the league only helps and I think we have multiple on the roster. Sampson may be an AA if this continues.

It’s just a weird hill to die on… like why be so adamant about defending this claim as if seldon and bishop are not teammates aiming for the same goal… you think bishop is better that’s fine I’ve said all along that he was a dog and really good rb… him and seldon bring different elements to the game and both will be very good players for us… this is just a weird thread to begin with let’s just enjoy how heup uses all these weapons at his disposal.
I tend to agree here. As long as heup chooses Sampson as the heavy one(which he has).

When Sampson stepped foot on the field for us he was the most talented back. He’s done the work and I for one am ready to sit back and watch him eat.

The other guys will all get work. The sky is not falling. Having a true number 2 rb isn’t necessary in this offense

How many is that? Got a number in mind?

@LittleVol what was that injury Seldon been dealing with since junior high again? Not sure if you told me yet.
Hamstring and shoulder injury

Remember we talked about the injury to his hamstring from running track 🙄

What’s your point?

I tend to agree here. As long as heup chooses Sampson as the heavy one(which he has).

When Sampson stepped foot on the field for us he was the most talented back. He’s done the work and I for one am ready to sit back and watch him eat.

The other guys will all get work. The sky is not falling. Having a true number 2 rb isn’t necessary in this offense
Hey. YOU! …don’t be bringing a reasonable, centered take up in here, interrupting my popcorn consumption…
🤣

I may be alone in this thought, but I think we need three healthy backs this year. We are going to run it more than throw it, at least half of the time. If we go on a run and end up in the playoffs, health will be a huge factor, and some guys are going to get dinged up. In the 4 team playoff era, this is always the case. With a 3 game playoff it will be even more true.
Sampson is the clear #1, but we need two more to step up. Bishop has looked good so far. If DS gets 60% of the carries, Bishop gets 30% and Seldon/Keith get 10% in a game, we can watch one leave via Draft or injury, shift everyone up a level, and have a healthy room. As much as I hate the bammers, this is what they did for years and it insulated them against injuries as well as promoted growth and competition. It also lets guys go to the league and not be ran through which only helps us in recruiting. These guys with 1000 touches in college are halfway to through their careers. Getting guys in the league only helps and I think we have multiple on the roster. Sampson may be an AA if this continues.
That’s the smart way to do it.

Sampson was the 3rd back for 1.5 seasons. Until he overtook Smalls carries.
It took Wright 2 seasons to pass Small.

Looking at Sampson right now- imagine if Wright had stayed for his senior year!

I’m comfortable saying it would be:
1) Wright
1B) Sampson
3) …

Right now we have Sampson and Bishop, and I don’t think THAT was the plan.

Now we need Lewis to get up to speed and for Keith to keep straining. Keith is actually improving a lot, but it’s hard to tell because he can’t get past a “Walk-On”.

When Seldon comes back healthy, I would order the RBs as follows:

Sampson
Bishop
Seldon
Lewis/Keith

Bishop looks better than Seldon to me, so far. That’s not to say Seldon won’t get better, nor is it a knock on him, but as has been pointed out, he has to get and stay healthy. Bishop has been the bell cow for most if not all of fall camp and it’s paid dividends. I think Seldon is going to be a damn fine RB at some point…again, if he can get and stay healthy.

Bishop seems to have good vision, really good patience, slips through holes, and has surprising power for his size. He also looks pretty fast.

This is a great situation. When Seldon is healthy, we have 3 really good RBs. And since there’s a good chance Sampson won’t be around next year, the development of Bishop is huge…he, Seldon, and a year-older Lewis will give us another good 3-headed monster next year.

Last edited:

We need 3…

- Evans, Small, Wright

- Small, Wright, Sampson

- Wright, Sampson, Small

- Sampson,….Bishop………….?

This wasn’t the plan, but Bishop’s emergence is huge! It’s early but we need Seldon to be what he was recruited for…and everybody else to keep competing. If not Seldon than Lewis needs to get up to speed quickly.

When Seldon comes back healthy, I would order the RBs as follows:

Sampson
Bishop
Seldon
Lewis/Keith

Bishop looks better than Seldon to me, so far. That’s not to say Seldon won’t get better, nor is it a knock on him, but as has been pointed out, he has to get and stay healthy. Bishop had been the bell cow for most if not all of fall camp and it’s paid dividends. I think Seldon is going to be a damn fine RB at some point…again, if he can get and stay healthy.

Bishop seems to have good vision, really good patience, slips through holes, and has surprising power for his size. He also looks pretty fast.

This is a great situation. When Seldon is healthy, we have 3 really good RBs. And since there’s a good chance Sampson won’t be around next year, the development of Bishop is huge…he, Seldon, and a year-older Lewis will give us another good 3-headed monster next year.
What I put in bold is pivotal.
Lewis was an EE and he seems to be holding up.

Watch out for Lewis against Kent State this weekend.

Hey. YOU! …don’t be bringing a reasonable, centered take up in here, interrupting my popcorn consumption…
🤣
I do occasionally forget that aspect of volnation 🤣🤣

I’ll try to keep my rational thoughts in this thread to a minimum.

I do expect at least a share of the popcorn though lol

That’s the smart way to do it.

Sampson was the 3rd back for 1.5 seasons. Until he overtook Smalls carries.
It took Wright 2 seasons to pass Small.

Looking at Sampson right now- imagine if Wright had stayed for his senior year!

I’m comfortable saying it would be:
1) Wright
1B) Sampson
3) …

Right now we have Sampson and Bishop, and I don’t think THAT was the plan.

Now we need Lewis to get up to speed and for Keith to keep straining. Keith is actually improving a lot, but it’s hard to tell because he can’t get past a “Walk-On”.
1st world problems…got to hate it.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Nah. What the board, with a couple of exceptions, has been coming at you withi is, that you relinquish your demand: “Ranking of the RB Room According to LittleVol.”
I don’t conversate with folks that make fun of mentally challenged people.

There’s quite a few people on this board that have loved ones that are in such a condition.

Get lost…

We need 3…

- Evans, Small, Wright

- Small, Wright, Sampson

- Wright, Sampson, Small

- Sampson,….Bishop………….?

This wasn’t the plan, but Bishop’s emergence is huge! It’s early but we need Seldon to be what he was recruited for…and everybody else to keep competing. If not Seldon than Lewis needs to get up to speed quickly.
Bishop was brought in as a backup plan. Get over it. He has exceeded expectations and appears to have ascended to the second running back in the room due “shoulder discomfort” , a phrase they use in the business. 🤣

I don’t conversate with folks that make fun of mentally challenged people.

There’s quite a few people on this board that have loved ones that are in such a condition.

Get lost…
You got a receipt on that? I spent years working with the handicapped with the Special Olympics, and have since dealt with the special needs of family members.

Yes. I have been offended.

VN Store

Back