Bishop should be #2 back

More reps than Samp or Bishop? Exactly why, if fragile, as you suggest?
Because the body needs that condition and hardening for that position…

Have you ever played football?

Bishop and Keith have made it through spring and fall camp. If we don’t trust Seldon to practice properly…than how are we going to trust him in the damn game??

Not to mention just getting his timing up to speed with the offense. That’s why he spun right into the defense against Chattanooga…

I don't see it that way at all. Fact is LV likes every back on our roster. LV and I disagree often, respectful of each other. There is never a need for name calling.
Convenient memory loss by him.
People just like to try to jump on when someone is telling a truth they don’t want to hear…

Appreciate the support swamp

Reactions: swampfoxfan

Have you ever played football?

Bishop and Keith have made it through spring and fall camp. If we don’t trust Seldon to practice properly…than how are we going to trust him in the damn game??

Not to mention just getting his timing up to speed with the offense. That’s why he spun right into the defense against Chattanooga…
So. Yer hanging yer opinion on one play? Smdh, son. Bring a better take. I’m a huge fan of Bishop. He may very well deserve the reps at #2. I don’t care. I’ll trust the staff. I’m not gonna make an ass of myself on the board, arguing the point, which you apparently have no problem doing.

And like I have already said in this thread, you are coming to that conclusion after seeing how many carries? And against who? The coaches watch these players every single day and fill out the depth chart accordingly. Do you think they don't want the best players on the field? I understand Seldon has been banged up and the old saying is the best ability is availability, but CJH said today that he expects Seldon to be available against Kent St. It does feel like Seldon has been banged up since he stepped on campus, but if he is truly healthy now, let's just see how it plays out heading into the meat of the schedule.

We finally have an elite team, let's enjoy it and not bicker over who the backup RB should be. Let the coaches do their jobs.
The coaches are going to do their job sans my opinion lol.

It doesn’t change anything that I’ve stated.

We can all agree to disagree. Just like Plove said. I have my opinion.

How long will it take him?.
Not long I don’t think…

He’s also needing to battle through the psychological obstacle of returning from injury.

Kids just need more contact to gain confidence.
The more he gets hit in practice and the game his confidence will increase and natural instincts begin to take over.

Cam is still new to solely focusing on RB. So he has more to battle against.

Luckily Bishop is a beast and was able to give our defense good work 😎

I think you're seriously over rating the conditioning aspect of in-season practice.
Bishop and Keith have made it through spring and fall camp.
You're right.
If we don’t trust Seldon to practice properly…than how are we going to trust him in the damn game??
Bold isn't a trust issue. He's either healthy enough to practice or he isn't.
than how are we going to trust him in the damn game?? ...
Despite his injuries, he's been there long enough the coaches may(or may not) have decided he's clear #2 when healthy. You've got to use a narrow lense to conclude Bishop has or hasn't surpassed him.
Not to mention just getting his timing up to speed with the offense
You're right. The less he can practice the more he falls behind and the harder it is to catch up.

You may very well be right about how good Bishop is(I don't know), and others may very well be right about how good Seldon is(I dont know). Their success is not mutually exclusive however.
J. Wright didn't surpass J. Small until the back half of 2022. Who knows how our present RB room plays out.
I'm all for a 3 headed monster at RB.

Last edited:
I don’t appreciate people so quickly putting him to the side. Especially since he’s obviously the better RB.
Not sure I’ve seen anyone seek to “quickly put him to the side”. Obviously the better RB?

You’ve clearly made your decision. Hastily, but I digress. That’s a pretty small sample size.

Once again, I’ll ask that you allow the coaching staff to decide who gets the carries.

Not sure I’ve seen anyone seek to “quickly put him to the side”. Obviously the better RB?

You’ve clearly made your decision. Hastily, but I digress. That’s a pretty small sample size.

Once again, I’ll ask that you allow the coaching staff to decide who gets the carries.
🎯🎯🎯...on the money with this one!

Desean is a dog, I love seeing him eat.

Seldon, if ever given the full opportunity will (he needs too) to be #2 will be a dog. However bad it is to say, he has to stay healthy. All part of it.

I think Bishop moves to RB1 necks year.

It might be this year, he (Bishop) might take Sampson place.
Hmm. I dunno, I think this staff is very cerebral in its approach. After watching NC State game again, I think Bishop is #2 now. ONLY bc Cam has missed so much time due to injury. Bishop's biggest weakness is pass blocking IMO. Additionally he doesnt have the size of Cam (as i'm sure you know better than I).

People get so hung up on numeric position. Call it 2a & 2b if you will. Seldon is just so dynamic. Wasnt he fielding punts at one point? Can line up as Receiver. That is sick.

Plove, my point was they are thunder and lightning. Very complementary.

I would pay to see them line up in a full house backfield, or side by side Nico run a TO out of gun.

Hmm. I dunno, I think this staff is very cerebral in its approach. After watching NC State game again, I think Bishop is #2 now. ONLY bc Cam has missed so much time due to injury. Bishop's biggest weakness is pass blocking IMO. Additionally he doesnt have the size of Cam (as i'm sure you know better than I).

People get so hung up on numeric position. Call it 2a & 2b if you will. Seldon is just so dynamic. Wasnt he fielding punts at one point? Can line up as Receiver. That is sick.
Totally agree...I don't think he was fielding punts, don't quote me tho. Yeah man Bishop is a dog.

Totally agree...I don't think he was fielding punts, don't quote me tho. Yeah man Bishop is a dog.
it may have been kickoffs.

hope Cam gets healed up. I have a nephew who plays baseball at CAK. The amount of effort these young men, women, AND parents put into athletics is grotesque. I know he's frustrated.

Eyes on the prize.

We should absolutely sit Seldon against Kent state, so he might actually be healthy against OU. Let bishop, Keith, and Lewis get reps against Kent State.
Same here...I think they will do like they did with Chattanooga. Maybe a little less playing time.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
it may have been kickoffs.

hope Cam gets healed up. I have a nephew who plays baseball at CAK. The amount of effort these young men, women, AND parents put into athletics is grotesque. I know he's frustrated.

Eyes on the prize.
Oh cool. Best of luck with your nephew, hope he does great. Yes sir, eyes on the prize

We should absolutely sit Seldon against Kent state, so he might actually be healthy against OU. Let bishop, Keith, and Lewis get reps against Kent State.
Seldon and Bishop should split carries the first few possessions on saturday. Then it should be Keith show imo.

Reactions: Plove23

Plove, my point was they are thunder and lightning. Very complementary.

I would pay to see them line up in a full house backfield, or side by side Nico run a TO out of gun.
Excuse me ☝️…have you not seen our depth chart.
We have 5 first team running backs. Sampson, OR Seldon, OR Bishop, OR Lewis, OR Keith.

VN Store

Back