Bishop should be #2 back

We can all agree we have good problems at RB. There is a LOT of talent in that room and having a QB like Nico only helps magnify that talent imo. It's really a pick your poison offense. And I agree Cam spun back into the defense, if he spins outside he is likely still running on the shovel pass. We have some thing to learn from as a team, but we handled our business and got a lot of PT for 2nd and 3rd team guys. Solid opener gave us a good glimpse of what we can be. I like that Coach was pissed off at the half. Good teaching moments.

Yeah…because Sampson is the only returnee with “meaningful” carries. They’re beta testing other candidates. Were YOU the one who informed me that Bishop would never have meaningful carries at UT? Style sounds familiar. 🤨 In any case, Keith has a unique punishing style in this lot and that’s what I’m basing my take on. As the season wears on and we need those stingy yards in vital situations, I believe his number will be called more and more by the coaches. We pine for that Princeton Fant utility knife, but his role was the result of not having that kind of back on the roster imo.
I can see him in short yardage or goal to go situations. Outside of that id roll with the other trio of Sampson, Seldon, Bishop. Sampson is the clear 1 and figure out who has the hot hand that game between Seldon and Bishop.

I can see him in short yardage or goal to go situations. Outside of that id roll with the other trio of Sampson, Seldon, Bishop. Sampson is the clear 1 and figure out who has the hot hand that game between Seldon and Bishop.
Sounds “meaningful”. Allz I was saying.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I was impressed with Bishop. He’s def better than PWO status. But he cut up Nooga’s worn down second string. Let’s pump the brakes.

Also the Cam shovel where he turned the wrong way? Bet that never happens again. Glad it happened when it did in garbage time!

That’s just “new to the position woes” and not a talent thing.
I said as much…

I just have to say, Butchna, and this is a neutral comment that leans closer to compliment than insult: there is no one on this board who enjoys arguing more than you do. When you get into a back and forth with someone, every post of yours just radiates glee, I can almost see you sitting at your keyboard chuckling to yourself. Never change.
I find it extremely annoying. To each his own.

Reactions: TnScooby and FBtime
not everyone is talking to you all the time :)
Well I’m the one that mentioned his bumbled play….more so to speak on Bishops more natural feel for the position.

I said Seldon was still learning.

So you basically repeating what I already said…

Bishop almost always makes the first guy miss.
Great vision. He looked like the 2nd best back today. Caught the ball well and blocked well. Better than Sampson on the blocking.

Seldon and Lewis both are still getting in football shape.

Keith also needs more carries, but you can tell Bishop belongs there. He looks like an SEC back.

Until proven otherwise, the offense clicks with Bishop the same as Sampson.

Bishop and Seldon will likely split carries as RB2 options this season.

Chop block call for one...
That’s not a missed block. That resulted from a weird situation where Sampson got tangled up in traffic and fell down, then Karic blocked his man over Sampson. That’s not an example of poor pass pro.

I’m asking if he missed a protection or block. If not, I don’t understand your comment as it relates to this year.

Last edited:
I think Bishop is a more patient runner. But, Seldon is more dynamic in the passing game. If you go back to the spring game last year (the last time Seldon was Healthy it feels like). Seldon was motioning out and running digs and curls. Im hoping those wrinkles will be shown this weekend when we play NC St.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back