Boycott the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

It's a meaningless gesture. But whatever. I'm not going to lose any sleep one waybor the other. But I'm also not going to be getting the warm and fuzzies thinking that I would be sticking it to China by boycotting some Winter Olympic games.

If you are so concerned about CCP influence on your grandkids, maybe you need to be worried about some of the politicians we have right here in America and not what is going on at some ice rink in China.

Just my .02 cents

Love ya Ras but thats liberal math. 2 one hundredths of a cent.

More canceling from the anti-cancel culture crowd....

Yeah because not watching an event hosted by the free worlds genocidal communist enemy is EXACTLY the same as rioting, putting people out of business, releasing people's phone numbers and private family residential addresses on social media, threatening people and their families, looting their life's work from their stores, slandering people and projecting liberal racism on them....

I could go on, but you have long since exposed yourself as a liberal, a raging racist, and most importantly a closeminded moron devoid of logic and reason. Oh...and you're full of sheit, too and have been called on it dozens of times here. So there's that.

Reactions: House of Neyland
NBA's Enes Kanter calls for 2022 Olympics to skip China's 'dictatorship': 'It should be morals over money'

NBA star Enes Kanter, who has spoken out many times in support of global human rights causes, called on the International Olympic Committee to vacate its plan to hold the 2022 Olympiad in Beijing, especially after the brief disappearance of Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai.

NBA's Enes Kanter calls for 2022 Olympics to skip China's 'dictatorship': 'It should be morals over money'

It's way too late for this.

He's getting pretty preachy. He literally wears Nike on his shirt in order to earn a living that he doesn't need, but blasts Nike and other people who make more $ than him off Nike.

Kanter's team just played Lebron and Kanter had every opportunity to approach Lebron and discuss his issues with him, and he avoided Lebron. I like Kanter's fight, but he seems like an opportunist with questionable motives.

NBA star Enes Kanter, who has spoken out many times in support of global human rights causes, called on the International Olympic Committee to vacate its plan to hold the 2022 Olympiad in Beijing, especially after the brief disappearance of Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai.

I don't even know who this guy is because I don't watch the NBA, but I'm a fan of this guy on a personal level.

China Cuts Checks To American Social Media Influencers To Hype Olympics, Downplay Boycotts

GettyImages-1236995156-scaled-e1639431902999.jpg

China’s government is paying social media influencers in the U.S. to promote the Beijing Olympics and distract from diplomatic boycotts over its human rights violations, according to disclosures filed with the Department of Justice.

The Chinese consulate is paying Vippi, a New Jersey based public relations firm, $300,000 to have influencers on Instagram, TikTok and Twitch promote the Beijing Olympics, according to the disclosures. The influencers will also be required to promote U.S.-China cooperation on issues including energy and climate change.

Vippi will be required to pay eight social media users of various “tiers” of popularity to create 24 posts. (RELATED: Artist Says Billboard Companies Banned His Artwork Criticizing China Ahead Of Olympics)

Under the agreement, 70% of paid content from influencers should focus on the Beijing Olympics as well as its history and culture. Another 20% of content should focus on China-U.S. cooperation, and 10% should consist of sharing media directly from the Chinese Consulate, according to the disclosures.

China Cuts Checks To American Social Media Influencers To Hype Olympics, Downplay Boycotts

Protesters Outside of NBC Studios Demand Network, Sponsors Drop Genocide Olympics

tibetprotest8-copy-640x480.jpg

Protesters from New York’s Tibetan, Hongkonger, Southern Mongolian, and Kazakh communities and their allies rallied outside of Rockefeller Center on Tuesday demanding that NBC drop its coverage of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.

Caution: This Is A Breitbart Story, So Photo And Article May Not Be Legit
Protesters Outside of NBC Studios Demand Network, Sponsors Drop Genocide Olympics

Love ya Ras but thats liberal math. 2 one hundredths of a cent.

Yeah because not watching an event hosted by the free worlds genocidal communist enemy is EXACTLY the same as rioting, putting people out of business, releasing people's phone numbers and private family residential addresses on social media, threatening people and their families, looting their life's work from their stores, slandering people and projecting liberal racism on them....

I could go on, but you have long since exposed yourself as a liberal, a raging racist, and most importantly a closeminded moron devoid of logic and reason. Oh...and you're full of sheit, too and have been called on it dozens of times here. So there's that.

Queeny is that and much much more

Instead of watching the Genocide Games, I plan on actually doing some winter sports myself. Perfect time for a ski trip
Wish I could find somewhere to try curling 🥌

Beijing Genocide Games Official Says Athletes Will Be Punished for Criticizing China

JADE-GAO_AFP-via-Getty-Images-640x480.jpg

A Chinese official in charge of international relations for the upcoming genocide Genocide Games in Beijing said that athletes criticizing China would be punished for speaking out.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Yang Shu, the deputy director-general of Beijing 2022’s International Relations Department, delivered an ominous warning that Olympians who “violate the Olympic spirit” will be punished by Chinese authorities.

“Any expression that is in line with the Olympic spirit I’m sure will be protected and anything and any behaviour or speeches that is against the Olympic spirit, especially against Chinese laws and regulations, are also subject to certain punishment,” Yang said according to Reuters.

Beijing Olympics Official Says Athletes Will Be Punished for Criticizing China

Reactions: 508mikey

tibetprotest8-copy-640x480.jpg

Protesters from New York’s Tibetan, Hongkonger, Southern Mongolian, and Kazakh communities and their allies rallied outside of Rockefeller Center on Tuesday demanding that NBC drop its coverage of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.

Caution: This Is A Breitbart Story, So Photo And Article May Not Be Legit
I'm missing Chicago Med and PD thanks to this garbage on NBC

Reactions: tntar heel
I really can't believe the Olympics are back in China. These international governing bodies (FIFA, IOC) are so corrupt. Rio, Qatar, Russia, China, etc. have no business handling some of these events, and it feels like these questionable locations are very over-represented.

Reactions: Wireless1
Olympics inks cloud services deal with Alibaba despite US deeming it potential security threat

The International Olympic Committee chose Alibaba as its exclusive provider of cloud services at the Beijing Olympics, even though the Chinese tech giant is regarded by the United States as a possible national security threat.

Alibaba, founded by billionaire Jack Ma, is a massive and lucrative Chinese multinational company focused on e-commerce and technology. Its affiliate, Ant Financial Group, owned Alipay, a digital payment company with over 1 billion users. The company has been the subject of a power grab by Chinese President Xi Jinping and has been implicated in the Chinese government’s surveillance of the Uyghurs, against whom the U.S. says the Chinese Communist Party is conducting a genocide.

Meanwhile, America's government has concerns about Alibaba’s possible threat to U.S. national security.

It was reported by Reuters last week that the Biden administration is scrutinizing Alibaba’s cloud services “to determine whether it poses a risk to U.S. national security” and that the review was partly focused on whether the Chinese government could gain access to or steal U.S. user data stored on the cloud. The outlet said that, following the Trump's administration concerns, the review was launched during the Biden administration within the Commerce Department’s Office of Intelligence and Security.

Olympics inks cloud services deal with Alibaba despite US deeming it potential security threat

VN Store

Back