Brandon Warren (merged)

they said that his mother wasn't as sick as everybody was reporting, but reguardless I still agree

His mother actually works at the same company as I, different department. I asked a lady in my department who associates with Deitra about the rumors and Brandon. She said Brandon loves it in Tallahassee. I'll ask her tomarrow about her being sick. That's news to me.

this could really really help with recruiting though. If he starts tellin recruits "I signed at Florida State, but when I came back to Knoxville it was much much better."

Or, "I signed with Florida State, but when I came back to Knoxville, it was much better, ain't that right, Kenny?"

hv,
getting a hardship would depend on how bad his mother is and that is not good at all.

He would only miss one year if he waits until after the spring semester I think. If he transfers between during a semester, he definitely loses 2 years. If he wins the appeal, he can play this coming year.

Its not the transferring during the semester that gets him, its the LOI he signed. You HAVE to give at least a year in school with an LOI or you will be penalized if you leave early and don't finish before the year is up. I don't know if you would consider Fall and Spring semesters as a full school year in college, but that's the reason he would have to wait till the fall to enroll here if he can't in June. The NCAA I don't think will let him out of his LOI, although the coaches I believe feel he can win the hardship appeal and will be able to play this fall. If he doesn't he only misses one year.

I understand the LOI is what gets a year from him. I was thinking, though, that if he left during a semester that he would be penalized 2 years.

I'm hearing different things about his mom. I've heard she is worse then when he left and I've heard the opposite. I'd rather her be better and him sit out a year then her be worse and him get to play immediately.

I agree 100% hv.

Hopefully she's doing better and he wins the appeal, but I could live with him sitting a year better than I could him playing while his family suffers.

anybody else remember a RB from the state of Georgia (can't remember his name) who signed with Oklahoma coming out of high school? while at Oklahoma, his mother got sick, so he finished his 1st year and after this spring sem. the NCAA granted him a hardship to go back to the state of Georgia to be with his mom and he now plays with Ga. Tech. anybody remember that? seems like it's just like that

anybody else remember a RB from the state of Georgia (can't remember his name) who signed with Oklahoma coming out of high school? while at Oklahoma, his mother got sick, so he finished his 1st year and after this spring sem. the NCAA granted him a hardship to go back to the state of Georgia to be with his mom and he now plays with Ga. Tech. anybody remember that? seems like it's just like that

Yeah, I think his name was Choice and I believe you're right. He was granted a hardship to be closer to his ailing mother, and got to play immediately.

Gene Williams of Warchant.com has informed us that Brandon Warren has withdrawn from school and is in route back to Alcoa, Tennessee with his older brother. From what we've been told by multiple sources, it doesn't appear that Warren was granted a release and could have to set out 2 years. As more developes, we'll let you know.

Rivals is stating that Brandon is on the road as we speak and he informed his teammates yesterday that he was leaving FSU and not returning. FSU is making a claim that it is not so much that his mother is sick, but the real problem is that Brandon is homesick.

Same think happened with Akiem Jolla, that WR that played for Miami. He transferred out West and got to suit up immediately, just like Tashard Choice.

He picked FSU over UT, so I don't want to see him in the Orange and White. I am very sorry to hear that his mother is ill, but if we weren't good enough for him the first time around then I don't want him at all. Just my :twocents: .

After the 2005 season he chose the acc champs over a 5-6 team. I can easily see why he might have passed on UT after that season.

link? all i can find is an article talking about the rumors, and i read today that these are all just rumors at this point, and he is still in school, going to class, and participating in workouts.

VN Store

Back