Brandon Warren (merged)

Gene Williams (Dot Com)
Warchant.com Publisher
if ((bIEWindowBrowser) && (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 6.") != -1)) document.write("<div id=outercontainer style='height:220px;'>"); else document.write("<div id=outercontainer>"); document.write("<div id=contentcontainer style='font-size: " + currentsize + "pt;'>");Related Links:
Piurowski switches to OLImportant football dates
Talk about it in The Tribal Council

This past week, Florida State brought in 20 new recruits that will join the team this fall. Even with a lot of fresh young faces on their way to Tallahassee, it's starting to sound more and more like the 'Noles may have lost a current player.

document.write(insertImage('http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/404911.jpg', '404911.jpg', 0, 329, 237, 1, 'Warren\'s departure leaves FSU very thin at tight end.', 'Bruce Kennedy Photography', 1171130384000, 'Warren B action (med)', 1061, 'Align=Left'));
404911.jpg
spacer1.gif
Bruce Kennedy Photography
spacer1.gif
Warren's departure leaves FSU very thin at tight end.Freshman tight end Brandon Warren told teammates on Friday that he was returning home to Alcoa, Tennessee and planned to withdraw from Florida State. Sources within the program also confirmed that the freshman All-American left Tallahassee early Saturday morning with a relative. He told friends that he has no intentions of returning to Florida State.

Warren has requested a release but initial indications are that Florida State will not grant that request. His mother was ill for a time last year but based on all reports has returned to full health.

If he does not return to FSU, Warren will reportedly request a hardship release from the NCAA so he can transfer to Tennessee and play immediately. However, it is extremely unlikely such a request would be granted since, according to sources close to Warren, he is leaving FSU because he is "homesick".

Warren, a former five-star recruit, had arguably the most successful rookie campaign for tight end at Florida State. Last season, the 'Noles' athletic tight end started 12 games, had 28 catches for 301 yards and one touchdown. After the season, he was named to several freshman all-American teams including Sporting News and Rivals.com.

With Warren's departure, and fellow freshman Caz Piurowski moving to offensive tackle, FSU currently has only one tight end on scholarship -- Charlie Graham. This summer, recent signee Jonathan Hannah will join the program and will lineup at tight end. Even with those two players, university sources indicate that another current player will likely be moved to tight end to add depth.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=640536

Gene Williams (Dot Com)
Warchant.com Publisher
if ((bIEWindowBrowser) && (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 6.") != -1)) document.write("<div id=outercontainer style='height:220px;'>"); else document.write("<div id=outercontainer>"); document.write("<div id=contentcontainer style='font-size: " + currentsize + "pt;'>");Related Links:
Piurowski switches to OLImportant football dates
Talk about it in The Tribal Council

This past week, Florida State brought in 20 new recruits that will join the team this fall. Even with a lot of fresh young faces on their way to Tallahassee, it's starting to sound more and more like the 'Noles may have lost a current player.

document.write(insertImage('http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/404911.jpg', '404911.jpg', 0, 329, 237, 1, 'Warren\'s departure leaves FSU very thin at tight end.', 'Bruce Kennedy Photography', 1171130384000, 'Warren B action (med)', 1061, 'Align=Left'));
404911.jpg
spacer1.gif
Bruce Kennedy Photography
spacer1.gif
Warren's departure leaves FSU very thin at tight end.Freshman tight end Brandon Warren told teammates on Friday that he was returning home to Alcoa, Tennessee and planned to withdraw from Florida State. Sources within the program also confirmed that the freshman All-American left Tallahassee early Saturday morning with a relative. He told friends that he has no intentions of returning to Florida State.

Warren has requested a release but initial indications are that Florida State will not grant that request. His mother was ill for a time last year but based on all reports has returned to full health.

If he does not return to FSU, Warren will reportedly request a hardship release from the NCAA so he can transfer to Tennessee and play immediately. However, it is extremely unlikely such a request would be granted since, according to sources close to Warren, he is leaving FSU because he is "homesick".

Warren, a former five-star recruit, had arguably the most successful rookie campaign for tight end at Florida State. Last season, the 'Noles' athletic tight end started 12 games, had 28 catches for 301 yards and one touchdown. After the season, he was named to several freshman all-American teams including Sporting News and Rivals.com.

With Warren's departure, and fellow freshman Caz Piurowski moving to offensive tackle, FSU currently has only one tight end on scholarship -- Charlie Graham. This summer, recent signee Jonathan Hannah will join the program and will lineup at tight end. Even with those two players, university sources indicate that another current player will likely be moved to tight end to add depth.

dang it is crazy how stories change in less than a day. i read last night he was coming home, then read this morning it was just a rumor, then that article is up. it really sucks that he would have to sit out for 2 years...

Because he is leaving school in the middle of a semester. He can play immediately if he wins his appeal for a medical hardship but if that is denied , he will have to sit for 2 years.

As much as he is homesick, I think he should wait until the end of the semester. He probably won't win medical hardship so does he really want to sit out two years?

I figure out it should be hard to get the hardship. But how come Tashard Choice got it, and greatly contributed to GT??? Can we help him to work on it?

Well maybe doctor papers concerninng his mother health will have to be submitted along with the distance between Tallahassee and Knoxville.

I wonder if this will become political enough for Bowden to grant a release? I would not rule that out of the question. Especially considering that he will not be transfering to a direct opponent.

Otherwise, I don't see him receiving a medical hardship. You never know what to heck the Gestapo will do.

I think he'd still be enrolled at FSU 'til the end of the semester but will be in Alcoa. If his mother had cancer and the reason on the appeal is mainly that then they sure as hell better give it to him.. You can't do that to a kid who's mother has had cancer.. I know when my mother had cancer the last thing I wanted to do was leave her side

He's not enrolled.. He hasn't won the appeal, he hasn't been granted a release..

I SAID IT'S OFFICAL THAT WARREN HAS LEFT FSU. Personally I don't care if he enrolls or not be cause he picked FSU over UT, however if he comes to UT fine , if he don't fine as well ! I am happy with Brown and Cottam

VN Store

Back