Bye Bye Louisville

I bet they were more concerned about the money than the drugs... which explains why they didn't intercept the drugs while in transit.
They were concerned about it all, drug dealing has a lot of moving parts, weapons, drugs, money, violence, connections to gangs, etc. The warrants covered like 3-4 addresses they hit in close proximity. They believed that they would find evidence at every location or at least one specific location. That's how warrants work

They dont have to wait, that is the point of the no-knock.

I am not a fan of no-knock warrants except for serious threats to human life (they came about originally because of cases where police knocked on the doors and people were raped/killed by their captors)

Ehh, are you sure? I think no-knocks came about because people were flushing drugs.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I'm a big boy
Tell me how I'm wrong? Cops finding any way to murder black people has been going on since this country's foundation. Now they were just given another way of doing it.
Cops finding any way to murder black people:
The sheer numbers of LEOs who are armed makes this hyperbolic statement false. The most accomplished serial killers can kill scores of people. If police wanted to find "any way to murder black people", there would be 100s of deaths per week.

been going on since this country's foundation:
if true, the number of murdered black people over the 240+ years would be in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Now they were just given another way of doing it.
There is no evidence that LEOs en masse are actively looking for a novel way to kill people. This tragic event is a stand alone event. The truth is this tragedy will be used as others have...it will be used to make the processes of law enforcement better and safer for all citizens.

I think they were at the right house, but here are my issues:

1. This was all over some drugs... fighting this drug war is a waste of time
2. They had apparently tracked down the package through the mail. So instead of safely engaging the suspect or package at some point along the route of tracking the package, they chose to serve a warrant at night on their home turf. Sounds like super genius police work... or this gave the cops the opportunity to play with their toys and justify their existence. They get to go pew pew pew and dress up in their special forces/SWAT gear.

Yep. It appears to be a failure of policy rather than misdeeds by officers (though I haven't got enough details to know if that was part too).

I thought that warrant was not a no-knock warrant? So a knock first warrant how long do they have to wait before breaking down the door?
He's never going to answer it hog. It sounds like one or two bam bams on the door then they're knocking your door down whether you're in a deep sleep or taking a shower. This crap has got to stop.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
But they did knock and announced. They had every legal right to do what they did to enter the house. They also had every right to return fire. Is anyone in a lather over the fact that had he not shot first she would still ,in all likelihood, be alive? Are her parents filing a wrongful death suit against him?
All of this over some drugs and money.

No drugs were found inside, correct?
They supposedly have Breonna Taylor on a jailhouse recording doing drug interaction type stuff for the ex bf who was in jail at the time.... he was also using her address to receive his mail.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So along the same vein as tracking a package of drugs, how hard is it to track down Uhaul rentals? No, that would be too easy. Why go after the big money people organizing the riots?

It's beyond me that they can't find some kind of charges that would stick against this sumbag Soros. This guy has to be known where he lives/operates & they could shut this fat ugly Jabba the Hutt scumbag down & put him away.

Reactions: AM64
It takes a Soros check to rent a uhaul and make signs? I admit it’s been a while since I rented a truck, but inflation on moving vans must be crazy high.
Well you have to transport the people as well as feed them and board them.

Reactions: AM64
But they did knock and announced. They had every legal right to do what they did to enter the house. They also had every right to return fire. Is anyone in a lather over the fact that had he not shot first she would still ,in all likelihood, be alive? Are her parents filing a wrongful death suit against him?
Wasn't there a financial compensation of 12 million dollars to her family recently?

Reactions: vols50

How long did they wait between knocking/announcing and breaking through the door? 10 second? 2 minutes? That detail matters.

Reactions: McDad
Cops finding any way to murder black people:
The sheer numbers of LEOs who are armed makes this hyperbolic statement false. The most accomplished serial killers can kill scores of people. If police wanted to find "any way to murder black people", there would be 100s of deaths per week.

been going on since this country's foundation:
if true, the number of murdered black people over the 240+ years would be in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Now they were just given another way of doing it.
There is no evidence that LEOs en masse are actively looking for a novel way to kill people. This tragic event is a stand alone event. The truth is this tragedy will be used as others have...it will be used to make the processes of law enforcement better and safer for all citizens.
The racist roots of American policing: From slave patrols to traffic stops

Since the warrant wasn't a no-knock how long are the cops obligated to wait for someone to open the door?
Wouldn’t have mattered.... the Breonna and the bf thought it was the ex drug dealing bf and were hiding in the hallway.

It takes a Soros check to rent a uhaul and make signs? I admit it’s been a while since I rented a truck, but inflation on moving vans must be crazy high.
I bet old George used his personal debit card for that uhaul. How can they not find him?

Reactions: tvolsfan
no problem with organizing supplies for protest. if the van contained any thing to be use in violence then we have a different issue.

VN Store

Back