Byron De'Vinner

Agreed, unless a crime is committed. And then it should be the state unless it is a federal crime.

But when you are transporting minors across state lines and become an agent(representative) for that minor when acting on their behalf across state lines the federal govt has the jurisdiction not the state. And for me what some of these so called advisers are doing is criminal and predatory.

Reactions: 3 people
The government should never have anything to do with college football.

For once I completely agree. The only thing I would advocate the govt to do is to keep the outside influences like these street agents from being allowed to operate. They are breaking laws in some cases that the govt should deal with and yet could with out affecting the sport at all. I have no desire for them to regulate or be involved with the CFB directly, but have no issue for keeping the negative element at bay.

Reactions: 3 people
Oher was an allstate lineman even before the T's adopted him. The movie made it seem like Oher knew nothing about football

Freeze turned the T's on the Oher because he knew his status with being basically parentless. He was aware of the T's status with being big boosters at OM

OM was already recruiting Oher before the T's actually got involved with the adoption of Oher

Orgeron was coach and undoubtedly had promised Freeze a job if he could get Oher to commit to OM. This is my speculation. Not fact

Oher was a big lean to UT. He loved Fulmer and we were at the peak of the program

The T's swoop in and adopt Oher( not knocking what they did for him, but motives dont seem to be entirely honest)

Oher gets interviewed by the NCAA about his recruitment since the NCAA saw the potential for boosters "adopting" talented inner city players for the sake of directing them to their school

NCAA didnt want to be the bad guy. Public would look down on the NCAA for hammering a nice rich white family that took in a helpless black football player and showed him how to play football(movie version)

Real life is always more complicated

Thx for the breakdown Count :good!: I knew it was shady and the movie was bogus but didnt know the counters to it. Like how Oher was an Allstate lineman prior. Crazy. Thanks again.

For once I completely agree. The only thing I would advocate the govt to do is to keep the outside influences like these street agents from being allowed to operate. They are breaking laws in some cases that the govt should deal with and yet could with out affecting the sport at all. I have no desire for them to regulate or be involved with the CFB directly, but have no issue for keeping the negative element at bay.

I see your point in that when these handlers cross state lines thus it becoming a federal issue. At this point in time with their intrusion in 'Steroids in baseball' and attempting to regulate a playoff system, I don't want to see them using tax dollars getting involved with individual state ran and private institutions such as colleges on any level for any situation. State ran governments are about as neutered as they can currently get.

It would be interesting to see if the individual conference presidents got together with the state legislators encompassed within their conference and hammered out some legislature to cover possible fines, penalties, and even indictment on these handlers.

Probably a lot more tricky than the fed. government laying one large broad stroke to cover the problem, but I would rather see it go down that way, for any other reason than to see the fed. government scale back on the power that they are currently exercising.

Can't wait to see this guy and trooper Taylor battle it out and bring themselves down in a blaze of glory trying to prove who is he biggest prick on the playground.

I see your point in that when these handlers cross state lines thus it becoming a federal issue. At this point in time with their intrusion in 'Steroids in baseball' and attempting to regulate a playoff system, I don't want to see them using tax dollars getting involved with individual state ran and private institutions such as colleges on any level for any situation. State ran governments are about as neutered as they can currently get.

It would be interesting to see if the individual conference presidents got together with the state legislators encompassed within their conference and hammered out some legislature to cover possible fines, penalties, and even indictment on these handlers.

Probably a lot more tricky than the fed. government laying one large broad stroke to cover the problem, but I would rather see it go down that way, for any other reason than to see the fed. government scale back on the power that they are currently exercising.

I saw that TN has a new law regarding this somewhat that is a felony for anyone involved in stirring a kid to a university by illegal means. I think TennStud had posted the law because the guidance counselor could face prison and fines if she did it for AU regarding Robinson. It seems alot of states are headed that direction.

But completely agree on keeping everything else in house, just let the state and/or local keep others from coming in the house.

You beat me to it. Chad tweeted

"At 6:20 tonight, Byron De'Vinner will discuss 7 on 7 football. Jovon Robinson was on his West TN Express team. He will tell us what happened"

Should be interesting

Yep. The original tweet had it at 6:30. Should be interesting. If they opened it up for callers, it would be REALLY interesting.

Denied the position on OM's staff. said Freeze was a good christian man. Said he had a regular job in the education system but wouldnt elaborate. Basically sounded like total bs.

Reactions: 1 person
Heard the interview. A few thoughts...

So he is a sex abuse victim that makes Sandusky jokes on twitter. Wow. smh

He apparently works for a school (refused to say where or what he does) and never was clear about how he makes money. "Just a regular man , like everyone else". No mention of the foundation. He can go to Saban , Mullen , Freeze , Franklin and Chizik for "anything".

Claims that posters say that he has a problem with Dooley (which he said himself here) but he brought Rico McGraw up a few weeks ago. He left out the part where Dooley wasn't even on campus. Dooley was at media days.

Said high school coaches don't care about these kids future whatsoever. Said whatsoever as much as Da'rick says most definitely.

When asked if he felt he was important to these kids getting a scholarship , or could they do it on their own by playing football in high school. His answer "I am very important and very necessary for these kids getting a scholarship".

Also said no job offer at Ole Miss. He almost got the MSU RC job last year.

On a side note...The song intros of Money Talks and All about the Benjamins were pretty funny.

Last edited:
I thought it sounded like Withrow came to this site. If you do, Chad, you are the only one on 104.5 worth listening to. It was obvious that uab77 is really Brian.

He didn't help himself. A simple record with the state of TN could determine if he works in public schools.

To not disclose where he gets his money is very shady.

If all these coaches would do anything for him, what is he providing them in return?

Dude is a snake, pimp, and liar.

Reactions: 1 person
Is this guy legally retarded? You don't get much more dumb than going on radio, twitter and message board screaming handler without it catching up to you.

Reactions: 2 people
He didn't help himself. A simple record with the state of TN could determine if he works in public schools.

If all these coaches would do anything for him, what is he providing them in return?

:eek:lol:

Don King wanna be?

VN Store

Back