Byron De'Vinner

He didn't help himself. A simple record with the state of TN could determine if he works in public schools.

To not disclose where he gets his money is very shady.

If all these coaches would do anything for him, what is he providing them in return?
Dude is a snake, pimp, and liar.

He's just a really, really good person.

The funny thing to me was him saying "The coaches need to get to know me". Wonder why that is? Is he coming to play here? Are we suppose to recruit him? Stevie Wonder can see this guys act plain as day. At one point he was talking about making decisions for the kids , then when asked what he meant by that he changed what the meaning of making a decision was. He was clearly unprepared. I wish the reporter asked him a few more things , but he was probably asked not to mention certain things like his foundation. But let him keep talking. It's only a matter of time until he says too much. A coach would have to be a fool to hire him.

The funny thing to me was him saying "The coaches need to get to know me". Wonder why that is? Is he coming to play here? Are we suppose to recruit him? Stevie Wonder can see this guys act plain as day. At one point he was talking about making decisions for the kids , then when asked what he meant by that he changed what the meaning of making a decision was. He was clearly unprepared. I wish the reporter asked him a few more things , but he was probably asked not to mention certain things like his foundation. But let him keep talking. It's only a matter of time until he says too much. A coach would have to be a fool to hire him.

Lobbed him some softballs and De'Vinner was still swinging and whiffing. This guy is a piece of work.

What cracked me up with his post, is when he asked why UT fans were 'afraid' of him(if it was indeed him). And the simpleton didn't realize that it doesn't have anything to do with fear as it does shining a light on a coakroach and watching it scurry into the corner.

Why parents would let this parasite around their kids is a mystery to me.

Be interesting to know if he is currently using any entitlement programs.

I know Byron De'Vinner. I'm not sure where you all are getting your information from, but he has always had a full-time job, separate and independent of his foundation and 7on7.

He works, because he makes no money from his foundation or 7on7. He, in fact, puts much of his own money into getting the kids to games and to visits. I volunteer for him at his combines and camps, and have seen first hand how he takes money out his pocket to pay the staffers to work them. He charges very little money for these things, just barely enough to cover the rental of the facilities.

He works hard, asking friends and families to help get kids to their 7on7 games. Unlike the millionaires that sponsor the FL teams and the CA teams, the TN teams simply don't have money like that....the parents who are able help the parents who are not. And friends like me help when we can.

He lives meagerly, unlavishly. He can be abrasive (I've seen that first hand too), but he does mean well.

I know it may be difficult for you to believe, but Byron gets nothing for helping these young men. Through his combines, he meets many kids, some are five stars, some just trying to make their schools team. He helps them ALL, every last one, and he puts the same energy into helping the star player as he does with a kid just barely on the team. If a kid tells him he wants to play college ball, regardless of ability, he will do whatever he can to find a school, via former teammates turned coaches, former pro players turned coaches, camp volunteers, etc. no stone goes unturned.

If you have gripe with the kids that he helps not choosing Tennesseee, it's really a misnomer. He likes to say on this board that he influences them not to come to UT, but the fact is, he tells them only to go where they will be a good fit, and at times that has actually been University of Tennessee, in many cases, actually. If Byron had his way, all those kids would go to Alabama, but that simply isn't how he operates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I know Byron De'Vinner. I'm not sure where you all are getting you information from, but he has always had a full-time job, separate and independent of his foundation and 7on7.

He works, because he makes no money from his foundation or 7on7. He, in fact, puts much of his own money into getting the kids to games and to visits. I volunteer for him at his combines and camps, and have seen first hand how he takes money out his pocket to pay the staffers to work them. He charges very little money for these things, just barely enough to cover the rental of the facilities.

He works hard, asking friends and families to help get kids to their 7on7 games. Unlike the millionaires that sponsor the FL teams and the CA teams, the TN teams simply don't have money like that....the parents who are able help the parents who are not. And friends like me help when we can.

He lives meagerly, unlavishly. He can be abrasive (I've seen that first hand too), but he does mean well.

I know it may be difficult for you to believe, but Byron gets nothing for helping these young men. Through his combines, he meets many kids, some are five stars, some just trying to make their schools team. He helps them ALL, every last one, and he puts the same energy into helping the star player as he does with a kid just barely on the team. If a kid tells him he wants to play college ball, regardless of ability, he will do whatever he can to find a school, via former teammates turned coaches, former pro players turned coaches, camp volunteers, etc. no stone goes unturned.

If you have gripe with the kids that he helps not choosing Tennesseee, it's really a misnomer. He likes to say on this board that he influences them not to come to UT, but the fact is, he tells them only to go where they will be a good fit, and at times that has actually been University of Tennessee, in many cases, actually. If Byron had his way, all those kids would go to Alabama, but that simply isn't how he operates.

Byron, you change your username?

I know Byron De'Vinner. I'm not sure where you all are getting your information from, but he has always had a full-time job, separate and independent of his foundation and 7on7.

He works, because he makes no money from his foundation or 7on7. He, in fact, puts much of his own money into getting the kids to games and to visits. I volunteer for him at his combines and camps, and have seen first hand how he takes money out his pocket to pay the staffers to work them. He charges very little money for these things, and just barely enough to cover the rental of the facilities.

No offense, but if he were taking money from colleges, he wouldn't share that info with volunteer staffers at his camps. Welcome to the board though.

Reactions: 2 people
Byron, you change your username?

No, not Byron. I know him though. I volunteer for his camps and combines. I really did it at first to get volunteer hours for my sorority (we have to do that), but now I do it because it's fun. I'm now a football fan, and its been fun seeing those kids come and get faster and more athletic. I've actually met Brian Kimbrow before he had a name, and was there when wowed the crowd. It was amazing to see.

I haven't sen the 7on7 teams play, but I've seen those kids at the combine. They're all amazing, and I'm excited to say I knew them when...they're all going to go on to do great things.

No offense, but if he were taking money from colleges, he wouldn't share that info with volunteer staffers at his camps. Welcome to the board though.

Well I consider myself his friend, I've been volunteering for a few years now. I see him all the time. If he's getting money, I sure can't tell, his home, his car, his clothes, him always trying to find funding for the team, it just doesn't reflect that.

Believe what you wish, though.

And thanks for the welcome.

No, not Byron. I know him though. I volunteer for his camps and combines. I really did it at first to get volunteer hours for my sorority (we have to do that), but now I do it because it's fun. I'm now a football fan, and its been fun seeing those kids come and get faster and more athletic. I've actually met Brian Kimbrow before he had a name, and was there when wowed the crowd. It was amazing to see.

I haven't sen the 7on7 teams play, but I've seen those kids at the combine. They're all amazing, and I'm excited to say I knew them when...they're all going to go on to do great things.

Sounds like he has his own Hostess program going on now too...:whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Just the fact that his name is getting out there is enough to conclude that he's beginning to get a little full of himself.

Sounds like he has his own Hostess program going on now too...:whistling:

I am exactly who I say I am. I'm just saying, you all love to talk a lot about this guy, you even dedicated an entire thread to him.

I actually know him, and I posted what I know. You can take it or leave it. But I know if I was on here calling in an a-hole, snake, etc you would take it, co-sign, high-five or whatever it is that you all do.

Its whatever, guy. take it or leave it.

Just the fact that his name is getting out there is enough to conclude that he's beginning to get a little full of himself.

Name out there? Dude, there's a thread on VolNation dedicated to him, his name is out there.

And yes he is a bit of an arrogant cuss. He loves helping these kids, but he loves saying, I helped that kid. And parents see and hear that he helped that kid, so they want him to help their kid. It's just the simple,
That's who he is.

I am exactly who I say I am. I'm just saying, you all love to talk a lot about this guy, you even dedicated an entire thread to him.

I actually know him, and I posted what I know. You can take it or leave it. But I know if I was on here calling in an a-hole, snake, etc you would take it, co-sign, high-five or whatever it is that you all do.

Its whatever, guy. take it or leave it.

I'm not saying you aren't darlin. At the end of the day where there is smoke there is fire....so I'd be cautious when sticking your neck out for him.

I'm not saying you aren't darlin. At the end of the day where there is smoke there is fire....so I'd be cautious when sticking your neck out for him.

Sure, darlin'. But how am I sticking my neck out? y'all aint nobody.

But I'll say this, you all are lying about many things, things I know. If hes a snake oil salesman or whatever, why lie?

Name out there? Dude, there's a thread on VolNation dedicated to him, his name is out there.

And yes he is a bit of an arrogant cuss. He loves helping these kids, but he loves saying, I helped that kid. And parents see and hear that he helped that kid, so they want him to help their kid. It's just the simple,
That's who he is.

I wouldn't say one thread with his name on it on a sports message board is exactly getting his name out there.

I started a thread about a small business in Chattanooga about a week ago, I have yet to see any national news coverage on ARB Enterprises.

I think arrogant is a solid description of him if he has lackies hitting the boards in his 'good name' telling us that a group of anonymous posters are advertising for him with a thread.

But I'll say this, you all are lying about many things, things I know. If hes a snake oil salesman or whatever, why lie?

Naive will be naive.

Btw - I'm a nobody that cares about my university. So on this board I'm more than your boy and you.

Sooooo let me get this straight. His name is getting out there because of a thread created by 'nobodies'. Contradict yourself often?

And I'm going to need a translator to decipher what 'she' was getting at with 'her' last point.

Like I said, it's whatever. I know the guy. I've been a lurker on this site for a while, following the the guys I've seen at the combines. I saw the whole Kimbrow saga unfold on this board. I only read the recruiting forum (i do the same on many team boards). You all always have something to say about Byron De'Vinner, most of it outright lies, but I really didnt care like that.

But when I saw Byron's name as the title of a thread, I LOLed, and had to respond. I had to join to respond. So that's what I did.

VN Store

Back