CA Store Owner Killed Over Displaying Pride Flag

This thread is funny in a way. It took 6 posts for someone to make it political. That’s a huge problem in society now. A tragedy happens, someone loses their life and the first thing many want to know is whether they are right or left wing. So sad what this country had done to us.

Just like you were told in the Rich Men North of Richmond thread, this is a political discussion forum. To be surprised is to be stupid.

Well. Okay.

Fun statements to put side-by-side. "I can imagine that this harmless thing could eventually be not harmless" is a pretty terrible reason to start calling entire groups pedophiles. Glad we agree the blowback was based on "nothing insidious."

Did I call the entire group that? I’m telling you that anytime you target kids, especially when you target them with something related to sexuality, that you shouldn’t be shocked if some assume you have bad intentions (grooming, pedophilia, etc).

So yes, I understand why those insults are being used (and you should too). Even if I’m aware of no actual examples.

It’s not dissimilar than the fact that I’ve never called anyone racist for claiming there’s a lot of **** hole countries in Africa, yet I can also see why someone might consider that racist even if they have no other examples of that exact person doing/saying something racist

Reactions: theFallGuy
We confuse them about all sorts of unnatural things. Religion, consumerism, violence, death... you just take issue with this because it makes you feel icky.

Since when are violence and death unnatural? Honestly even religion seems natural for humans given all cultures seem to have developed their own. Consumption is natural. I’m not sure you did well with any of these examples.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Since when are violence and death unnatural? Honestly even religion seems natural for humans given all cultures seem to have developed their own. Consumption is natural. I’m not sure you did well with any of these examples.
We put unnatural spins on life and death while forcing it down our childrens' throats. Ask a Sunday school child about life and death. Consumerism isn't natural in any medium.

I'm not sure you're willing or able to think in any degree of depth when you're in your mega-autistic debating mode and it's outside your chosen view.

When one side is openly promoting drag queen story time and wants gender ideology taught in kindergarten, isn’t it natural for the other side to question is there is a grooming and/or pedophilic element to that?

It seems to me that you’re taking the obvious pushback you’d expect from moves by the left targeting children and then attempting to pretend that pushback is an obvious sign of hate. Feels disingenuous at best

This is the shtick Huff has been doing the last few years as he's gone further into the progressive deep end. It is routine at this point.

In one breath he'll say you're paranoid for thinking there's been a dramatic increase in LGBT agenda messaging. And the next breath he'll tell you there is an absolute quantifiable increase in hate towards LGBT people. So transparent.

We put unnatural spins on life and death while forcing it down our childrens' throats. Ask a Sunday school child about life and death. Consumerism isn't natural in any medium.

I'm not sure you're willing or able to think in any degree of depth when you're in your mega-autistic debating mode and it's outside your chosen view.

Cool. Not sure what difference natural/unnatural makes here? But cool.

Are you wrongly perceiving my objection as being based on what is/is not “natural”?

This is the shtick Huff has been doing the last few years as he's gone further into the progressive deep end. It is routine at this point.

In one breath he'll say you're paranoid for thinking there's been a dramatic increase in LGBT agenda messaging. And the next breath he'll tell you there is an absolute quantifiable increase in hate towards LGBT people. So transparent.

You’re crazy for thinking they’re after your kids, and also you’re a bigot for not wanting them after your kids seems to be the routine right this second.

Reactions: whodeycin85 and jp1
Cool. Not sure what difference natural/unnatural makes here? But cool.

Sexuality and gender are natural. You are appalled by LGBTQ exposure to children because it is an unnatural spin on those.

Meanwhile, millions and millions of kids are taught that if they disobey an omnipotent being, that they will eternally burn in an infernal hellscape, and you're cool with that.

One is within your scope, and one is not. It's hardly difficult to figure that out.

I'm fine with both existing. Just don't take your kid to one instead of trying to intellectually justify one over the other.

Sexuality and gender are natural. You are appalled by LGBTQ exposure to children because it is an unnatural spin on those.

Meanwhile, millions and millions of kids are taught that if they disobey an omnipotent being, that they will eternally burn in an infernal hellscape, and you're cool with that.

One is within your scope, and one is not. It's hardly difficult to figure that out.

I'm fine with both existing. Just don't take your kid to one instead of trying to intellectually justify one over the other.

You’ve made so many wild assumptions here that it’s hard to even respond.

That’s not how I have ever made the argument. There’s plenty of natural things that are bad (rape) and unnatural things are good (air conditioning).

I don’t even personally believe in hell, but yes kids are taught about hell. Just not by the school system, which is what this all really gets back to. You can take your kids to see drag queens. I can take my kids to church. But when either approaches on what should be a neutral space (schools) that’s where issues arise and ultimately why my kids won’t be in your public schools (I say that now, but if they’re older and really force my hand, I’ll give in likely).

Not really. I have a lot of respect for @gcbvol . I would not have posted the same thing in response to something you said.

Now THAT was a condescending post. :p

Nah, your post was condescending, and your blatant lack of acknowledgment makes it cringeworthy.

It seldom gets more condescending than ''you're smarter than that.''

You’ve made so many wild assumptions here that it’s hard to even respond.

That’s not how I have ever made the argument. There’s plenty of natural things that are bad (rape) and unnatural things are good (air conditioning).

I don’t even personally believe in hell, but yes kids are taught about hell. Just not by the school system, which is what this all really gets back to. You can take your kids to see drag queens. I can take my kids to church. But when either approaches on what should be a neutral space (schools) that’s where issues arise and ultimately why my kids won’t be in your public schools (I say that now, but if they’re older and really force my hand, I’ll give in likely).

It's like giving a fidget spinner to a tweaker.

Reactions: Septic
It's like giving a fidget spinner to a tweaker.

Don’t blame me if you failed to follow. I can give you some very simple bullet points if it helps.

1. My argument is not, nor has it ever been based on natural vs unnatural.

2. Overall all of this comes back to education. The same way teachers shouldn’t be telling kids they’re going to hell, they shouldn’t be teaching kids that boys can be girls

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Reading a book to kids is targeting them? For what? How many people participate in that?

Bump from another thread

Just be fair to people.

We live in a ****ed up world where people look at adults who want to interact with kids with a side eye. Kids are great. Of course, people like to be around kids. Even gay people. Even drag queens. If you see this phenomenon and your mind assumes the worst, something might be wrong with you. There isn't anything wrong with wanting to be around kids. It doesn't make you a groomer.

VN Store

Back