Can McCarthy survive as Speaker?

Some people get to that point, and when they do others usually scream about lawlessness and thuggery...as with most things, I guess it's a matter of perspective.
that is true.. personally with the somber of riots my biggest issues were not the burning of the police station.. not even thr wendy's... it was looting and burning black neighborhoods, black owned businesses, killing black folks. Because of black oppression. Seems counterproductive to attack the oppressed people by the oppressed people

Reactions: AM64
That's sad. They are more united on sending our money to Ukraine than they are in fixing immigration, social security or well hell anything else.

if a majority of 435 member body agree on something, it is going to pass..... You and I live in a specific house district. I can assure you districts of Dem members and GOP members are all diverse in their stance on Ukraine Funding. I personally am opposed without oversight and conditions, but I'm not going crazy over us sending funding because a majority of house districts support it.

Reactions: AM64
that is true.. personally with the somber of riots my biggest issues were not the burning of the police station.. not even thr wendy's... it was looting and burning black neighborhoods, black owned businesses, killing black folks. Because of black oppression. Seems counterproductive to attack the oppressed people by the oppressed people

Why do these threads always drift way off topic? This thread is about the House speakership.....

Once again, it doesn't matter if they spent $1 or a trillion dollars. Gaetz' gripe on the 12 approp bills is they were sent out of the committee. Not that they were explosive in spending.....
This was your quote, "The committees could’ve voted out 12 bills but the bills would have further exploded the budget."

Why would it have exploded the budget if the GOP is in the majority?

if a majority of 435 member body agree on something, it is going to pass..... You and I live in a specific house district. I can assure you districts of Dem members and GOP members are all diverse in their stance on Ukraine Funding. I personally am opposed without oversight and conditions, but I'm not going crazy over us sending funding because a majority of house districts support it.

Gee is that how it works?

But all smartassnes aside, the simple fact that sending our money to Ukraine is the only thing almost the entire House agrees on is terrible.

Is this a serious question?
IMG_0611.jpeg

Let’s examine those that claim to care about fiscal responsibility and actually vote as if they were fiscally responsible.

Fiscal responsibility
Border security
Campaign finance reform
Honesty and decency from our elected officials

Just a short list of things I’ve pretty much given up on seeing in my lifetime.

This was your quote, "The committees could’ve voted out 12 bills but the bills would have further exploded the budget."

I never said "Further exploded the budget"

And secondly, this is the issue with people on all sides... We are 30+ trillion in debt. A 2 year balanced budget isn't going to solve anything overnight. To address that amount of debt and getting it to trend down, aka paying it off, is going to require concessions on all sides. There should be spending cuts with some areas of tax increases... Anyone serious about getting the deficit to zero and the debt to start going down has to acknowledge that is the only way to do it.

I'm not saying McCarthy is some champion of fiscal conservatism. I've had plenty to asy about the GOP... Just like when Obama had total control his first two years and only passed ACA but then complained the rest of his time about GOP not getting anything done with him.... Trump had total control of government to easily pass a spending plan with the tax bill to reign in spending, he didn't.....

Now in today's time, Dems have the White House, have a 2 seat majority in the Senate, and we have a 4 seat majority in the House.... There is no pathway to reigning everything in the Congress. There simply isn't.... I don't support government shutdowns. Congress and DC is filled with rats.... What I don't care for is a rat parading around the media decrying the very thing they do.....

I didn't like the debt ceiling deal at the number it was agreed on. But guess what, that was all we could do. Unless you want to cheer for just picking up your ball and going home and doing nothing, resulting in more damage to people.

We are royally screwed right now, not because of McCarthy being ousted, but in general state of affairs.

View attachment 584511

Let’s examine those that claim to care about fiscal responsibility and actually vote as if they were fiscally responsible.

Fiscal responsibility
Border security
Campaign finance reform
Honesty and decency from our elected officials

Just a short list of things I’ve pretty much given up on seeing in my lifetime.

McCarthy, in his pitiful concession speech to the media, talked about all the supposed wins that Conservatives made during his time as leader...yet, as usual, those wins were mostly window dressing and produced nothing of substance. Which is why the border is worse today than it was 9 months ago, spending is worse today than it was 9 months ago, debt ceiling is worse today than it was 9 months ago, etc, etc.

At some point, after decades of excuses and window dressing, your voting base wants ACTUAL WINS THAT MOVE THE NEEDLE. The Nation, over the last 20 years, has rapidly devolved. Conservatives have conserved nothing, get rolled on the regular and make excuses. Enough.

I copied and pasted from your post directly. Are you joking?

That was a quote from Massie.... Once again, Gaetz is decrying that Leadership kept the budgets and approp bills coming to the floor, which the committee controlled, not leadership.

McCarthy, in his pitiful concession speech to the media, talked about all the supposed wins that Conservatives made during his time as leader...yet, as usual, those wins were mostly window dressing and produced nothing of substance. Which is why the border is worse today than it was 9 months ago, spending is worse today than it was 9 months ago, debt ceiling is worse today than it was 9 months ago, etc, etc.

At some point, after decades of excuses and window dressing, your voting base wants ACTUAL WINS THAT MOVE THE NEEDLE. The Nation, over the last 20 years, has rapidly devolved. Conservatives have conserved nothing, get rolled on the regular and make excuses. Enough.

Forgot the role of Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States is as powerful as Executive and Legislative Branches combined.

That was a quote from Massie.... Once again, Gaetz is decrying that Leadership kept the budgets and approp bills coming to the floor, which the committee controlled, not leadership.

McCarthy could have exerted pressure to get those bills out of Committee, and if he couldn't then he is too weak and ineffective to be Speaker, but he didn't. Why? Because they would have exploded the budget, as you say. Why would they have exploded the budget? Because the majority in the GOP, Trump included, don't actually give a damn about fiscal responsibility. It's lip service for votes but those bills coming out committee would have exposed the GOP's scam.

And secondly, this is the issue with people on all sides... We are 30+ trillion in debt. A 2 year balanced budget isn't going to solve anything overnight. To address that amount of debt and getting it to trend down, aka paying it off, is going to require concessions on all sides. There should be spending cuts with some areas of tax increases... Anyone serious about getting the deficit to zero and the debt to start going down has to acknowledge that is the only way to do it.

I'm not saying McCarthy is some champion of fiscal conservatism. I've had plenty to asy about the GOP... Just like when Obama had total control his first two years and only passed ACA but then complained the rest of his time about GOP not getting anything done with him.... Trump had total control of government to easily pass a spending plan with the tax bill to reign in spending, he didn't.....

Now in today's time, Dems have the White House, have a 2 seat majority in the Senate, and we have a 4 seat majority in the House.... There is no pathway to reigning everything in the Congress. There simply isn't.... I don't support government shutdowns. Congress and DC is filled with rats.... What I don't care for is a rat parading around the media decrying the very thing they do.....

I didn't like the debt ceiling deal at the number it was agreed on. But guess what, that was all we could do. Unless you want to cheer for just picking up your ball and going home and doing nothing, resulting in more damage to people.

We are royally screwed right now, not because of McCarthy being ousted, but in general state of affairs.

Not true, we don't have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem, no matter how much revenue the federal mafia rakes in they always spend more.

I think he also stated something like “I woke up everyday with the goal of helping the American people”. Something to that effect.

No one with a brain believes that! If the majority of our politicians were as virtuous and sacrificial as they claimed to be, our country would be thriving. Instead it’s a dumpster fire that is so bloated and inefficient, all the water on Gods green earth couldn’t put it out.

Reactions: AM64 and volgr
Once someone reaches the "burn it all down" state of mind, they are not being guided by rational thought.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Once someone reaches the "burn it all down" state of mind, they are not being guided by rational thought.
depends on the state of what is being considered for burning.

n some cases it may be the only logical step. in other cases it may be overkill but the only way to get things moving in a positive direction. in other cases it is completely unwarranted.

VN Store

Back