Can McCarthy survive as Speaker?

Won’t be for a while but McCarthy will come out looking pretty after folks realize the force he had to handle

Yes, in fact the essence of our system is compromise, respect for our democratic institutions, respect for the Constitution which centers
on a robust federal government, respect for the idea that your party will sometimes lose elections. The GOP has lost respect for everything
but destructive extremism--and now nobody respects the dysfunctional GOP.

Yes, in fact the essence of our system is compromise, respect for our democratic institutions, respect for the Constitution which centers
on a robust federal government, respect for the idea that your party will sometimes lose elections. The GOP has lost respect for everything
"a robust federal government"

I see someone has never actually read the Constitution.

Why do we keep sending money to Ukraine?

To keep us from sending Americas sons and daughters there later.

The ROI is tremendous, degrading a geopolitical foe militarily and financially, watching them whither on the vine, losing political influence while gathering military intel with no US flag draped coffins being unloaded at Andrews. Hell yes.

It's low IQ thinking to believe that the money we're spending there is fungible with money that "could" have been spent elsewhere, like 'on the border'.

We are in a tremendous amount of debt, no question about it - but please don't be fooled by cries that that this is irresponsible spending. Hell, I'd argue that the ROI on us sending money and arms to Ukraine is some of the best this country has seen in decades.

If you believe that not sending arms to Ukraine would result in more border guards or whatever sacred cow you feel is underfunded, I've got bad news for you.

To keep us from sending Americas sons and daughters there later.

The ROI is tremendous, degrading a geopolitical foe militarily and financially, watching them whither on the vine, losing political influence while gathering military intel with no US flag draped coffins being unloaded at Andrews. Hell yes.

It's low IQ thinking to believe that the money we're spending there is fungible with money that "could" have been spent elsewhere, like 'on the border'.

We are in a tremendous amount of debt, no question about it - but please don't be fooled by cries that that this is irresponsible spending. Hell, I'd argue that the ROI on us sending money and arms to Ukraine is some of the best this country has seen in decades.

If you believe that not sending arms to Ukraine would result in more border guards or whatever sacred cow you feel is underfunded, I've got bad news for you.
Why not just go kick ass then. Why send our money and assets to the little gay guy in fatigues?

Makes zero sense

Why not just go kick ass then. Why send our money and assets to the little gay guy in fatigues?

Makes zero sense

I'm not sure what you mean. "Why not go kick ass then"? What are you implying, we should go to war directly?

The upside to this as I just explained, is that American's aren't being put into harm's way.

Given the "gay guy" remark, this may not be possible - but if you look at this through any modicum of objectivity, we're getting a great deal.

Don't be fooled by the 'suddenly' fiscally conservative republicans looking to shore up a narrative to sell to their constituents.

I'm not sure what you mean. "Why not go kick ass then"? What are you implying we, should go to war directly?

The upside to this as I just explained, is that American's aren't being put into harm's way.

Given the "gay guy" remark, this may not be possible - but if you look at this through any modicum of objectivity, we're getting a great deal.

Don't be fooled by the 'suddenly' fiscally conservative republicans looking to shore up a narrative to sell to their constituents.
You know we don’t have to put a lot of boots on the ground to win a war now. See this is why you don’t let politicians fight a war.

Just to set the record straight. I am for neither option. Im somewhat of an isolationist.

Going to kick ass means Americans firing directly on Russians. What part of WWII sounds appealing?

Beyond the cost of the arms and money - we're sending a message to both Russia and China that naked aggression won't go unchecked.

You know we don’t have to put a lot of boots on the ground to win a war now. See this is why you don’t let politicians fight a war.

Just to set the record straight. I am for neither option. Im somewhat of an isolationist.

I mean if you don't think we don't have "observers" and "advisors" on the ground in Ukraine and haven't since before this kicked off then you'd be pretty naive.

on a robust federal government,
respect for the idea that your party will sometimes lose elections. The GOP has lost respect for everything

No it doesn't, the truth is far, far from it. It centers around the self rule of states and individual rights/liberty.

And you have the gaul to call other people "rubes".

I mean if you don't think we don't have "observers" and "advisors" on the ground in Ukraine and haven't since before this kicked off then you'd be pretty naive.
Oh I know. But there is observing little fatigue boys troops and then there is actually winning.

I don’t actually think the goal is to win. That’s my problem with the whole thing.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Oh I know. But there is observing little fatigue boys troops and then there is actually winning.

I don’t actually think the goal is to win. That’s my problem with the whole thing.

Fascinating.

What makes you believe that?

I'd wager that the Ukrainian soldiers would disagree with your assessment.

Have you been following this war? It's brutal. Suggesting the Ukrainians aren't literally fighting for their existence is mind boggling.

Fascinating.

What makes you believe that?

I'd wager that the Ukrainian soldiers would disagree with your assessment.

Have you been following this war? It's brutal. Suggesting the Ukrainians aren't literally fighting for their existence is mind boggling.
That may be their goal. I’m uncertain what our goal is.

I’m not for that. I’m just trying to understand others logic. I’m actually somewhat of an isolationist
You suggested directly "why not go kick ass then" which is straight up dumb and will result in WWIII. Period. Own it.

The funding of the Ukraine sucks but letting Putin "put the band back together" of the old Soviet Bloc isn't a good solution either. Sure, we can isolate ourselves and let Putin reassemble what he can in satellite countries but Reagan worked hard (and spent a hell of a lot of money building up our defense) to basically bankrupt the USSR and give a chance of freedom to a lot of people.

I'm not really a fan of blowing off that work. Yes, Zelensky isn't my idea of a "model of democracy" but Putin is KGB. He's old school USSR at the core and completely anti-freedom.

VN Store

Back