Can McCarthy survive as Speaker?

Franklin must be from Louisiana. Such a proud day. Johnson is an extremist and was a very prominent election denier, and an abortion christian crazy
of the first rank. Nothing he and his ilk push will ever get passed by the Senate, so there is that. Clearly, the GOP freak show got tired of the embarrassment and dysfunction and just elected somebody.
michael-jordan-get-some-help.gif

Nancy Pelosi negotiated with Republicans for decades. She took a liberal stand on issues, but she got the work done to move things forward.

A significant faction of the House GOP, led by the MAGA wing of the party, appears to have taken the absolutist position that ANY negotiation or compromise with Democrats is ALWAYS anathema to GOP goals and so, no matter the merits of such agreement or compromise on a given issue or policy matter, the GOP leadership has no choice but to resist it.
You could have just answered with a simple yes. No need to add all the BS.

“We got to pass it to find out what’s in it”. That alone should have had her removed.

I actually want them to pass The Transportation FAA authorization bill as soon as possible. It would raise the 'retirement' age for pilots from 65 to 67.

Damn. I was hoping that bill meant that the Secretary of Transportation had to fly commercial.

Thanks to the radical left democrats with their support to bring a more conservative speaker to the peoples house.

Extremists like Johnson and Jordan are not suited for Speaker. They won't get anything done because the Dems won't have anything to
do with them. They'll be another government shutdown, for starters--and the GOP will be rightly blamed.

Franklin must be from Louisiana. Such a proud day. Johnson is an extremist and was a very prominent election denier, and an abortion christian crazy
of the first rank. Nothing he and his ilk push will ever get passed by the Senate, so there is that. Clearly, the GOP freak show got tired of the embarrassment and dysfunction and just elected somebody.
Senate Seats Up In 2024:

Marxists 20

Republicans 10

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

Mike Johnson Acknowledges God’s Plan in Speakership Victory: ‘I Don’t Believe There Are Any Coincidences’​

Speaking from the House after a unanimous GOP vote, the first since 2011, Johnson spoke to the chamber about his belief in God’s plan for his life and for the lives of his fellow lawmakers:

yes, "god" never liked McCarthy or Scalise or Jordan but had a secret plan to mesmerize all the GOP members into eventually
voting for this extremist. Makes perfect sense. Notice how the religious are always invoking "god" when there is good news but you
don't hear much about "god" when bad things happen. It's like when someone disappears and there is fear of foul play and murder, but
no body is found. Eventually, the body is discovered and a family members says, "Thank god we found the body." And anyone's logical
response would be, "Lady, if there were a god, your loved one--or anybody--wouldn't be murdered in the first place." But I supposed the true
crazies even think murder is "god's plan." Oh, my.

Extremists like Johnson and Jordan are not suited for Speaker. They won't get anything done because the Dems won't have anything to
do with them. They'll be another government shutdown, for starters--and the GOP will be rightly blamed.

So Democrats will follow their nature and put party over country. Color us shocked.

So Democrats will follow their nature and put party over country. Color us shocked.

Uh, I believe it's the Republicans who've been doing that by continuing to disgracefully listen to the UnAmerican criminal
who used to stink up the White House.

The Democrats will do what they think is right and won't pay much attention to right-wing crazies like Johnson.

It’s bad. Big tax increases and cuts and we still won’t get out of this hole. Trillions in interest payments

Remember this? Who is the fool now? Trump was a good President and his instincts were correct every time. Now we get same old dumbasses..

He did stink on the debt though..

VN Store

Back