Can we fix our KICKOFF CHANT?

I like the ROCKY - TOP idea.

Getting 100,000 half-intoxicated/half-elderly fans on the same page might be tough. Can it be done?

How about "Aaaaaaaaaaah - CHOOOO!"?
At least then we'd get a "gesundheit" from the folks watching at home.

Reactions: 3 people
Really what we should do is make really loud noise all together as the kicker approaches the ball. AHHHHHHHHHH or UUUUHHHHHHH building up.

Then about when the kicker is about 3 steps from the ball everyone go mute. Go deathly quiet but continue the wave our arms mouthing something but no noise coming out.

We could even get the cheerleaders to be going through the motions and mouthing to some cheer but not really shouting anything.

The opposing team would be like "What the F*** just happened!"

Reactions: 4 people
Speaking of kickoffs, will 2013 be the year UT has a heralded kicking game? My o My did we used to have great kickers, possibly the best college kickers for decades. I hope Butch Jones can resurect our kicking game and bring back the pride Tennessee once enjoyed.

How about a recording of blue tic hounds barking then a howl? Actually, I'd like to hear that during the game as well.

Reactions: 2 people
I like.

Like "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Go Vols!" better though.

I thought this is what we used to do. Do I have false memories or something? I swear I remember this in the early '90's, and then the cheerleaders wanted to change it to something stupid that never caught on. Maybe I'm remembering the future? F it. Does it really matter? I guarantee you just the sound of 100,000+ fans screaming pumps the players up more than any words.

As a former band geek myself, I'm sure other former band geeks on here can confirm, when we opened the T the roar of the crowd was amazing. It didn't matter if words were being spoken. The wall of sound was incredible.

I always do Goooooooooo! U-T! I think that one would be a good one to get started. I have been thinking about a few things that need to change in Neyland. That is a big one. I was thinking about running a "Neyland Shakedown" campaign with flyers across campus to get people to bring shakers for the "Volunteer Wave" again. I think adding that kickoff chant wouldn't be a bad idea. It's really not that hard, every one does aaahhhhhhhh ooooh already. Just make it "aaaahhhhh U-T!" instead.

I'm definately against anything involving a coach instead of the team. It's anti-productive to what Butch is trying to build. It's about the team, not the coach.

Reactions: 5 people
How about nothing Butch specific since it's about the team and the school?

Can we just have a Vol Nation section at the stadium and make it a rule they control chants, etc? That way us intelligent ones on here can control gameday by what we decide on here.

I say we all chant "Buuuutttcccchhhhhhh" when the kicker starts making his way toward the ball and the "Slapped!" After he kicks it.

Absolutely not! No one person is bigger than the U of T.

Orange and white, you got that right.
Shout your cheers for the Volunteers!

or

U-T, U-T, we are Tennessee

Just off the top of my head.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back