Can we fix our KICKOFF CHANT?

How about we just watch the game and not worry about how we cheer for the kickoff?

You're right. We should just worry about the game and not do the VolWalk either. For that matter, we should just worry about the game and not do the Volunteer Wave or sing Rocky Top either. Trust me, the more chants the better. We played Rocky Top and did the Volunteer Wave about a thousand times in the first 3 quarters of the Florida game last year and the stadium was beyond crazy. Kickoff chants are really cool and keep people involved.

Reactions: 1 person
Nick,

Get you a pair of these. Buy an old binocular case to put them in and you are good to go...always worked for me.

View attachment 65360

I know as a student we always went with the ziplock down the pants, bought a tray of cokes and asked to keep the tray (when they still did that), cut the corner and added to all the cups sold half to students around us, to make up for our costs and drank the rest. Of course when putting a zip lock of whiskey in your drawers accidents do happen.

Today airport bottles are enough....

Reactions: 1 person
We actually do (or did) that during Pre-Game so it shouldn't be too complicated to work out.

I do like the idea of something uniform. Not so much as an intimidation factor for the other team, but for us, as fans to have more fun at the games. I think it would be great to have something unique.

Reactions: 2 people
What's even worse is that our fanbase has absolutely ZERO sense of rhythmic comprehension. The V-O-L-S chant is terrible every time both at Neyland and TBA.

What's even worse is that our fanbase has absolutely ZERO sense of rhythmic comprehension. The V-O-L-S chant is terrible every time both at Neyland and TBA.

I know. You would think if fans can pull off a flash mob or Harlem Shake then they can pull of V-O-L-S.

I've always thought it would be great for 100,000 to just be eerily quiet, and to erupt when the ball is kicked. Never seen it done. And I know probably impossible. I just know I'd hate to be catching a kickoff when it happened.

You're right. We should just worry about the game and not do the VolWalk either. For that matter, we should just worry about the game and not do the Volunteer Wave or sing Rocky Top either. Trust me, the more chants the better. We played Rocky Top and did the Volunteer Wave about a thousand times in the first 3 quarters of the Florida game last year and the stadium was beyond crazy. Kickoff chants are really cool and keep people involved.
Yeah, I agree.

All of these fans look like they're having a good time.

Let's..Go..P-S-U with Team Entrance - YouTube

O-H-I-O- Chant around Ohio Stadium - YouTube

LSU oweio chant - YouTube
(there's a hilarious video linked to that one called "LSU students sing 'neck', it's explicit but hilarious)

Woo pig sooie! - YouTube
Sugar Bowl - Hog Call and Fight Song - YouTube

Saw Varsity's Horns Off - YouTube

Seminole War Chant - YouTube

Florida Gator kick-off versus Tennessee - YouTube

LSU Alabama opening kickoff - YouTube

Why not "Sit down! Shut up!"?
That's what I hear most of the game anyway.
It's like I'm always sitting in front of Howard Stern's father.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I've always thought it would be great for 100,000 to just be eerily quiet, and to erupt when the ball is kicked. Never seen it done. And I know probably impossible. I just know I'd hate to be catching a kickoff when it happened.

Cue the crowd via the jumbotron?

This is all prett weak. Can't we just watch the game and cheer whenever we stomp the opponent into the turf?

Kickoff chant? We don't need NO stinkin' Kickoff Chant?

This is all prett weak. Can't we just watch the game and cheer whenever we stomp the opponent into the turf?

Kickoff chant? We don't need NO stinkin' Kickoff Chant?

Again, for the people that aren't getting it, I'm trying to fix the chant that's already in place, not start a new one.

The one we have in place:
UF v. Tennessee, kickoff 2008 - YouTube

"Oooooooooo - Boom/Yuuu"

Ain't worth a velvet painting of a dolphin and a whale gettin it on.

VN Store

Back