Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No.

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Melania is lonely. Very lonely.

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
We live in a two party republic where one party despises the democratic process... that’s nearly unbelievable. If we can’t universally agree to provide access to voting to as many Americans as possible and celebrate a democratic society by making our election day a national holiday so all WORKING Americans are encouraged to participate in our democracy then what are we even doing?
It's not that they "despise the process", they just despise that people they don't want to vote, get to vote. Wait, no - you're right.
No much like immigration they just want people to do it legally, and with validity through proper identification

I missed that part. I'd say 'round here it is pretty easy. 2018, I waited about an hour
My bad.
I'm thinking of a post in regards to the mail service I made earlier.
Been a long week. Lol

In regards to voting its been a mixed bag for me. Ive waited 2 or 3 hours, and as little as 10 mins.

I remember taking my grandmother to vote not too long after I was legal age to and I remember complaining about having better things to do than stand in a long line. After explaining the importance of how we got to and why we should, I had and still maintain a different approach to it.

Reactions: tntar heel
8 hours would be a rare occasion, but that's about the maximum I've seen reported. (GA, I think) But how many people are going to wait that long, or even 4 to 5 hours? Waiting more than an hour is BS, as far as I'm concerned. Most people don't have that luxury.
Then vote early

Reactions: allvol123
No, I take initiative and vote early.

These wait times include early voting. That's the problem and it's a known problem. What's the longest you would wait?

I saw guidance from TN saying that if you didn't want to vote in person due to the pandemic, request an Absentee ballot. But at least it isn't one if those "mail-in ballots" .

8 hours would be a rare occasion, but that's about the maximum I've seen reported. (GA, I think) But how many people are going to wait that long, or even 4 to 5 hours? Waiting more than an hour is BS, as far as I'm concerned. Most people don't have that luxury.

You just said it. So we should turn over the entire apple cart because of a one off event?

Maybe if this occurs often in specific areas, the problem is with the people running the show in those counties or precincts... not with the entire system.

You just said it. So we should turn over the entire apple cart because of a one off event?

Maybe if this occurs often in specific areas, the problem is with the people running the show in those counties or precincts... not with the entire system.

Turn over the apple cart? Ok, Boomer.

How about not making a half a million+ people share a single polling place, for example?

Maybe some states should stop reducing early voting and Sunday voting.

Reactions: RockyTop85

It’s not one-off. The insane wait times of 5+ hours have happened in Texas, Georgia, and Wisconsin, recently.

Turn over the apple cart? Ok, Boomer.

How about not making a half a million+ people share a single polling place, for example?

Maybe some states should stop reducing early voting and Sunday voting.
Funny this started out with “mailing ballots to everyone.”
Then it was all about Oregon, which I’m assuming doesn’t mail ballots to everyone.
Now we’re excusing wait times that people initially thought were unbelievable.

I’m really just here to see how you get portrayed as the one who hates liberty.

Reactions: Stew Cook
Funny this started out with “mailing ballots to everyone.”
Then it was all about Oregon, which I’m assuming doesn’t mail ballots to everyone.
Now we’re excusing wait times that people initially thought were unbelievable.

I’m really just here to see how you get portrayed as the one who hates liberty.

I'd say I'm less conservative with my liberty than some on here.

So a man who literally votes by mail himself wants to stop everyone else from doing it.

Makes perfect sense!

Add pence McConnell bill Barr to the list of people voting by mail. Barr testified the other day in the House that voter fraud will likely occur. LOL

Why not make Saturday an election day? Or have early voting sites open on weekends? Just because the fed declares a "national holiday" doesn't mean people get a paid day off or hell even a day off.

40 states have early voting and every state in the union already has absentee ballots available, all anyone has to do is request one. Is that too much to ask? How much easier does it have to be for someone to vote? Do we need to provide them with a guide that fills in the ballot for them?

No no. He needs a national holiday where no one works, so everyone can vote.

Never mind the silliness involved with the idea of every person being off work, that's for the big shots to figure out.

It is rather pitiful how people can turn the act of voting into some herculean task.

Why not make Saturday an election day? Or have early voting sites open on weekends? Just because the fed declares a "national holiday" doesn't mean people get a paid day off or hell even a day off.

40 states have early voting and every state in the union already has absentee ballots available, all anyone has to do is request one. Is that too much to ask? How much easier does it have to be for someone to vote? Do we need to provide them with a guide that fills in the ballot for them?

Why would it be so horrendous to make it a holiday, exactly? We have have holidays for way more pointless reasons.

VN Store

Back